Does this man understand the concept of "White Privilege"?

Rumsfeld

Nov 10, 2014
I recently got into a debate with a friend over what the term "white privilege" actually means, based on this video, and I'm curious how others see it. What does the term actually MEAN to you? Is the guy in this video right? Is he wrong?

And whether you agree/disagree, I'd be curious to hear your reasoning.

Rumsfeld, et al,

I don't know! It had a couple of very good points and a few good questions.

I recently got into a debate with a friend over what the term "white privilege" actually means, based on this video, and I'm curious how others see it. What does the term actually MEAN to you? Is the guy in this video right? Is he wrong?

(COMMENT)

But it was certainly entertaining.

Most Respectfully,
R

Rumsfeld, et al,

I don't know! It had a couple of very good points and a few good questions.

(COMMENT)

But it was certainly entertaining.

Most Respectfully,
R

Fair enough, Rocco!
:beer:

He makes some good points.

White privilege is nothing more than a bullshit excuse for those that do not want to lift themselves up to cop out of that responsibility.

He makes some good points.

White privilege is nothing more than a bullshit excuse for those that do not want to lift themselves up to cop out of that responsibility.

To play Devil's Advocate, the flip-side to that view would be to make a case that white privilege is an omnipresent feature of society that will always place blacks at an inherent disadvantage.

10258054_670934492942013_2368045362965548353_n.jpg

In many cases what lefty losers see as white privilege is the end result of hard work by whites. And hard work is color blind as many successful blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and others also enjoy the fruits of their individual labors.

This "white privilege" is it's own brand of Racism folks. its intent is to stir up HATE for anyone who it white. People wake up to what is going on here

It's a term liberals use to justify their white guilt.

This "white privilege" is it's own brand of Racism folks. its intent is to stir up HATE for anyone who it white. People wake up to what is going on here

This is actually an interesting point. And if some people out there sincerely do believe that "white privilege" is an omnipresent force that has an inherent and detrimental affect on blacks, then your point resonates even louder.

In many cases what lefty losers see as white privilege is the end result of hard work by whites. And hard work is color blind as many successful blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and others also enjoy the fruits of their individual labors.

Do successful blacks need to work even harder than successful whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc?

Do successful blacks need to work even harder than successful whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc?

If you say blacks have to work harder to succeed, are you implying that poor whites are lazy because they are not able to succeed despite "white privilege?"

If you say blacks have to work harder to succeed, are you implying that poor whites are lazy because they are not able to succeed despite "white privilege?"

That's a great question!

I wasn't claiming that successful blacks need to work even harder, but that seems to be a key talking point for those who claim views like the one from the guy in the video deny the omnipresent obviousness of what "white privilege" does.

Forum List

Back