Does the USA have Orbiting Microwave Lazar Weapons?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The ease with which the fires seem to be starting in Iran seems to suggest this is not Humint doing this. There is no way we have that many operatives working inside Iran.

But a Microwave Lazar in orbit could do it with ease.

The ease with which the fires seem to be starting in Iran seems to suggest this is not Humint doing this. There is no way we have that many operatives working inside Iran.

Innerestin'. Well..the Laser/microwave system is actually 2 weapons..not one..an energy weapons system. From orbit/ doubtful. Too much energy required to get a laser through the atmosphere. That aside...the thermal bloom from a beam the intensity needed to reach the surface and light fires...on ships....would be clearly visible.

IMO..the science is not there yet..from orbit..now a system from an aircraft..or a capital ship...might be a different story--as to practicability.

Do you mean "laser" weapons?

I don't think we ever got the Ronnie Ray Guns up in space.

Of course...you don't know what you don't know. I'd be surprised if we don't have space-based weapons systems. Question is..how effective are they? I suspect anti-sat stuff...nothing orbit to ground.

Kinetic weapons would change the game---

The Black Budget is not talked about much anymore. Perhaps that money just goes into current items we know about with the deficits we have. But a lot of money has been poured into it.

nope.gif

Of course...you don't know what you don't know. I'd be surprised if we don't have space-based weapons systems. Question is..how effective are they? I suspect anti-sat stuff...nothing orbit to ground.

Kinetic weapons? You mean like a titanium telephone pole directed down to a target from space? I must be behind on reading. Only read of that in science fiction, but it was a great story, whatever it was.

Kinetic weapons? You mean like a titanium telephone pole directed down to a target from space? I must be behind on reading. Only read of that in science fiction, but it was a great story, whatever it was.
You know, a device that propels a metal projectile at very high speed.

1594919374866.png

I mean exactly that..or variations thereof, the tech is simple..but anyone attempting to control the orbitals like that would be smashed on suspicion...no nation can afford to let that happen.
Many sf/military stories have kinetic weapons featured....simple..cheap..and easy to use.

View attachment 364032
Well..after laughing...I would point out to you that your featured weapon does not propel anything, rather it is a system designed to facilitate said propulsion..with accuracy.

Kinetic weapon are not propelled by anything..other than gravity of course...it is the energy garnered by falling very fast that destroys the target...with Nuclear type numbers..as to yields.

View attachment 364032
Very familiar weapons, but not space based kinetic weapons for earth targets from orbit. Not actually all that thrilled with the militarization of space. The theory of the scifi novel was a six shooter loaded with telephone pole size titanium rods, like huge sabot rounds and would have platform maneuver to the correct angle of release and gentle payload assist to let gravity and mass and physics to do the work, of delivering something almost nuclear in destructive force, but with little or no radiation. Made for great science fiction and of course had a dooms day trigger if reception was lost from the base station.

View attachment 364032
Well..after laughing...I would point out to you that your featured weapon does not propel anything, rather it is a system designed to facilitate said propulsion..with accuracy.

Kinetic weapon are not propelled by anything..other than gravity of course...it is the energy garnered by falling very fast that destroys the target...with Nuclear type numbers..as to yields.

You only get that level of energy release with BIG objects. Something that could be held in orbit first needs to be lofted there.

We certainly do have kinetic weapons! EKV is probably the most prominent of that family of weapons designed to propel a kinetic kill vehicle at many times the speed of sound to intercept ICBMs. These are of course Earth based weapons. There are experimental space based weapons in development but are largely designed for satellite protection. China is suspected to already have offensive satellite based weapons.

View attachment 364032

You only get that level of energy release with BIG objects. Something that could be held in orbit first needs to be lofted there.
Pesky facts always intrude. You know I've read quite a few of your posts and am impressed with your consistency and your lack of fear of these commiecrats. However I do suspect that you would be absolutely terrified if you ever heard "Terrain, pull up, Terrain, pull up" suddenly announced!

Take a good look folks, do you see, all of the wankers whom are attacking the very idea of such weaponry existing at all, have you marked their derisive and mocking dismissal, all are "yep you guessed it," fascist democrats! I know we have orbital directed energy weapons in place, I know we do, though I'd have to kill you after telling you of them in any detail! That said, no, they are not being used upon the Iranian navy, computer war tech is! :Boom2:

Those would be Tungsten Carbide poles, not Titanium.

Forum List

Back