Does the Average Person Need to Wear a Mask to Guard Against COVID-19?

t
I wear a mask when I go inside anywhere. If I'm going to be there more than 5 minutes I use my N95 mask.

Folks are making a big deal about wearing a mask...I'll ask you...what's the harm?

Many places I go I must wear a hardhat, safety glasses, steel toed boots and I hi-viz vest. The chance I'll need them are very low...I've done this for 20 years and have never had anything fall on my head, foot or fly into my eye. But what's the harm in added protection? Nothing.

As a figure skating fan, for years we have noted that some Asian fans, specifically a number the Japanese, Chinese and Korean skating fans, have been wearing masks to live events for years. To be honest, we thought it funny, but it seemed to be a thing among Asians. Today they look prescient, and when living sporting events resume, I'm likely to be one of them.

I recall we had people screaming about "freedom" when they were legally required to wear helmets to ride motorcycles too or use seatbelts in cars too. There are some people who have a warped view of what "freedom" really is.

We used to go to the airport an hour before take off, go to the departure lounge and relax. Now we have to put our toiletries in tiny bottles, measure our luggage, present photo ID, and go through screening, scanning, and a host of other indignities before they'll let us get on a plane. To keep someone from hijacking a plane. I find all of the bullshit you now have to go since 9/11 through to get on a plane, ridiculous, including having to turn up 3 hours before your flight on an international flight. But for some reason, conservatives have no problem with these "safety" protocols, which I find extraordinarily intrusive, and the antithesis of "freedom".

I find all freedoms that libs and cons are destroying completely repulsive. Wearing face masks to show solidarity in fear and suppression with willing submission to tyranny is just as detrimental to freedom as W when he was telling folks about your emails and if you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't be concerned if govt has a look. They're both appalling. None of these guidelines being put forth by local or state officials are law and neither are they constitutional.
That is a fucking lie...... Conservative have been screaming against the Patriot Act since it was implemented. Homeland Security is a joke and has not stopped one single terrorist act. it is a joke that women have to have their purses searched when going into a stadium for a ball game. We all would be better off without Homeland Security
The United States has totally given up the concept of Innocent til proven guilty... and it transfers over to the masks since they now assume you are sick until you are proven healthy
they screamed TERRORIST LOVER at anyone voicing dissent about the PATRIOT act.
Not anyone I know.... The Patriot Act is a disgrace to the American standards. Giant waste of money, the Patriot Act and Homeland Security has not prevent a thing, except inconveniencing millions of American Air travelers
ask russ feingold. he was attacked for voting against the Patriot act all the time, for example in 2016.

Forum List

Back