Does obama abuse his powers worse than lincoln?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I think it is pretty damn close.
I think Lincoln was a greedy, manipulative asshole; Him suspending Habeas Corpus, expanding the Union army,(granted, it did get approved by Congress LATER) arresting anyone that opposed his views etc.
Basically, he just threw away the COTUS to get what HE wanted
I was doing some reading on it a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, I don't think he gave 2 shits about the slaves. More along the lines of industrialization and the countries economic interests!!
AND Obama; obamacare, drone surveillance, suppressing opposition, assault on the BoR etc
So what say you?
Do you think it was Lincoln or Obama?
Do you think lincolns abuse was justified because of the war? Why?

Found this interesting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On April 15, 1861, two days after the fall of Fort Sumter, the Lincoln administration sent requests to all the states that had not seceded asking them to raise regiments for the Union Army.

That request more than doubled the number of states in the Confederacy.

That request drove the two most populous Southern states, Virginia and North Carolina, out of the Union.

The request sent to North Carolina asked for two regiments. Just two months prior the state had determined by vote not to secede and by a very large margin.

The request caused a vote for secession and it passed by a very large margin.

The following is the North Carolina governor's response to the request:

"Your dispatch is received, and if genuine, which its extraordinary character leads me to doubt, I have to say in reply, that I regard the levy of troops made for the purpose of subjugating the states of the South, as a violation of the Constitution, and a gross usurpation of power. I can be no part to this wicked violation of the laws of this country and to this war upon the liberties of a free people. You can get no troops from North Carolina."

Instead of sending two regiments to Lincoln, North Carolina sent 69 infantry regiments, 4 infantry battalions, 9 cavalry regiments, 9 cavalry battalions, 2 heavy artillery battalions, 4 artillery regiments, 3 light artillery battalions and 4 light artillery batteries to Jeff Davis.

That's a lot of people who believed it was "tyrannical" to desire to use force of arms to compel people to submit to a government."

6010090989_0c5223f5b8_o.jpg

Comparing Obama to Lincoln........I like it

Two great Presidents

OP- Lincoln's reasonable request made no difference after Ft. Sumter. But since he was GOP- the idea he was a client of a new military industrial complex is a favorite of revisionist historians...At least since Grant they've been corporatists/ panderers to the greedy idiot rich...pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant...

Obama is in fact much better than Bush (Cheney), chumps. Has done nothing but clean up Pub disgraces...

OP- Lincoln's reasonable request made no difference after Ft. Sumter. But since he was GOP- the idea he was a client of a new military industrial complex is a favorite of revisionist historians...At least since Grant they've been corporatists/ panderers to the greedy idiot rich...pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant...

Obama is in fact much better than Bush (Cheney), chumps. Has done nothing but clean up Pub disgraces...

:lol:

LOL, hardass, you obviously do not know shit
I am far from liberal.

I think Lincoln was a greedy, manipulative asshole; Him suspending Habeas Corpus, expanding the Union army,(granted, it did get approved by Congress LATER) arresting anyone that opposed his views etc.
I was doing some reading on it a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, I don't think he gave 2 shits about the slaves...

Well, he WAS a Republican, after all.

I was doing some reading on it a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, I don't think he gave 2 shits about the slaves...

Well, he WAS a Republican, after all.

LOL, yea, with current liberal demographics and ideology..:cool:

I am far from liberal.

Well you agreed when one of the posters said that Obama was a great president. What kind of fool do you take me for?

Why do you dislike humor?
I think both presidents suck!!
It shouldn't matter to you what I like. I like things for different reasons.
You remind me of the NSA and FBI getting all up in my shit, and shit :tongue:

I am far from liberal.

Well you agreed when one of the posters said that Obama was a great president. What kind of fool do you take me for?

The special kind. The kind who deserves to be mocked. I suspect TNHarley will do so. You idiot.

Right? I am sitting here talking shit about both of them
That takes a special kind of <insert any synonym for idiot>

I am far from liberal.

Why do you dislike humor?
I think both presidents suck!!
It shouldn't matter to you what I like. I like things for different reasons.
You remind me of the NSA and FBI getting all up in my shit, and shit :tongue:

There is a political satire subforum for that.

When you make your opinions and preferences known on a board like this, it does matter. Secondly, you're making it easy.

As for the FBI and NSA, did you do something to piss them off?

Forum List

Back