Zone1 Does Lack of Faith In Others Ever Cause Your Own Faith to Waiver?

Maybe interest for the kiddies since I made DJ relatable if Jesus was living in the world today instead of over two thousand years ago? He probably wouldn't be riding donkeys and dressed like somebody from that time frame or talking like that anymore, (not like there's anything wrong with it of course) He'd being driving cars and talking on His cellphone blending in with today's society while still being sinless and holy.

Jesus is perfect.

God chose the perfect time for Him.

I don't see a way that you rewriting Jesus to make Him "relatable" is anything but a nudge that, hey, the real Jesus isn't. I wouldn't read your book because I know that you would be putting words in the mouth of the real Jesus that are not His. His real words are recorded. I don't know what words DJ will be saying. I worry for you that this is not a good spiritual practice because you could be having a conversation with the manufactured DJ in your head rather than the Son of God, as you write DJ.

You are a good writer. I would read so many things that reflect Jesus' beauty and you certainly have the ability to write that. I wouldn't say that if it weren't true, btw. You seem to know a lot of people who have been monumentally impacted by God. That's beautiful and true. You could write that. God knows (literally) the world needs more beautiful and true.

Jesus is perfect.

God chose the perfect time for Him.

I don't see a way that you rewriting Jesus to make Him "relatable" is anything but a nudge that, hey, the real Jesus isn't. I wouldn't read your book because I know that you would be putting words in the mouth of the real Jesus that are not His. His real words are recorded. I don't know what words DJ will be saying. I worry for you that this is not a good spiritual practice because you could be having a conversation with the manufactured DJ in your head rather than the Son of God, as you write DJ.

You are a good writer. I would read so many things that reflect Jesus' beauty and you certainly have the ability to write that. I wouldn't say that if it weren't true, btw. You seem to know a lot of people who have been monumentally impacted by God. That's beautiful and true. You could write that. God knows (literally) the world needs more beautiful and true.

All I can tell you is to each their own. You can like and want to read my stories or not, but you can't make me stop writing them, enjoying them, and have other people enjoy them as well. Oh yeah and I never said God wasn't perfect, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from, but we've already gotten WAY off topic.

All I can tell you is to each their own. You can like and want to read my stories or not, but you can't make me stop writing them, enjoying them, and have other people enjoy them as well. Oh yeah and I never said God wasn't perfect, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from, but we've already gotten WAY off topic.

Christianity is not a "to each their own" thing. If you and I are both Christians, and you are rewriting Christ to make him "relatable", I'm going to caution you. He is not just your Jesus and your Savior, and you're not playing at the edges of some fictional story here. You are rewriting the Son of God.

That's the last I'm going to say about it. You could write other things. That's it.

Do you think it's crazy then to hear God speaking to you? I mean no matter how much I doubt Him He's there showing His love for me and helping me in any possible way and every possible way that He can and having me pass on His messages to others to help give them the same peace. He's not at all what a lot of people seem to think He is though. He's gentle, kind, and loving,.. until He feels that I need a firm grasp on reality that is and then He gives me an earful.
Good for you

Christianity is not a "to each their own" thing. If you and I are both Christians, and you are rewriting Christ to make him "relatable", I'm going to caution you. He is not just your Jesus and your Savior, and you're not playing at the edges of some fictional story here. You are rewriting the Son of God.

That's the last I'm going to say about it. You could write other things. That's it.
Oh course it is

God doesn’t exist in the great beyond

He exists WITHIN us

That's the Holy Spirit. You are blessed.

I was saved back in 2007, when I was dealing with a drug addiction. But I never pursued it any farther, and backslid somewhat, but I've been 100% drug-free since then. Funny thing though, my wife was a secular Democrat when we married, and I was a Republican. We are polar opposites in everything, but haven't had one cross word between us in 15 years.

She voted for Obama in 2008 but then realized what a horrible President he was, and became a Republican. Then she got involved in the Methodist church and became very passionate about it, even becoming the Chair of the administrative council and lay leader of the UMC church she goes to. I support what she does, although I don't attend much, except on Easter, Christmas, or other events.
Cafeteria Christian

Cafeteria Christian

Actually a Christian Zionist. I just haven't found a church that isn't too liberal for my tastes. Most of them seem to be practicing Marxianity instead of Christianity: Their pulpit has been infected with cultural Marxism, and the church has become a tool for social justice. They're preaching redistribution of wealth, tolerance for perverse lifestyles, support for gay marriage, interfaith dialogue with other "religions", radical feminism, globalism, political correctness, even disputing that entire sections of the Bible are relevant any more. They pick and choose which scripture they want to believe, and disregard the rest. Particularly Revelations, which is just about where we are now. Those churches preach peace and love but are afraid to touch upon the subject of the judgement that's coming soon.

Actually a Christian Zionist. I just haven't found a church that isn't too liberal for my tastes. Most of them seem to be practicing Marxianity instead of Christianity: Their pulpit has been infected with cultural Marxism, and the church has become a tool for social justice. They're preaching redistribution of wealth, tolerance for perverse lifestyles, support for gay marriage, interfaith dialogue with other "religions", radical feminism, globalism, political correctness, even disputing that entire sections of the Bible are relevant any more. They pick and choose which scripture they want to believe, and disregard the rest. Particularly Revelations, which is just about where we are now. Those churches preach peace and love but are afraid to touch upon the subject of the judgement that's coming soon.

I know just what you mean. When we were looking for a church, and this was over 15 years ago now, it was almost impossible to find a Bible-based church that wasn't also charismatic. Nothing at all against the charismatics; they are my brothers and sisters. Just not what we're comfortable with.

We have been Evangelical Presbyterian for 15+ years. We bring Bibles to church--and open them. Scriptural, but not dogmatic when it's not Scripture. No politics. No social justice. Just Scripture, etc.

FYI....fwiw

Just a question because I experienced this today for myself. :( Luckily it didn't last too long though, God is my best friend and I take Him with me wherever I go. :)
Answer: not to speak of. Other people's doubts cause questions to arise in my mind but not doubts..

If you wait until you u/stand everything about God before believing in Him you will never get there.. which explains probably 98% of people?

If you can't live with at least a little uncertainty.. you won't keep the faith

I believe it was St Augustine who said something like this

Do not try to understand so as to believe

But believe so that you may understand

Forum List

Back