Zone1 Does Lack of Faith In Others Ever Cause Your Own Faith to Waiver?

I have faith in myself.

That's served me well in life...

Good for you but I wouldn't have gotten this far in life without my Father and friend who absolutely refuses to leave my side even if I'm being a douchebag.

Hearing God isn't a voice...it's a message that hits you in one one-hundredth of a second.

Even if it's a 4 paragraph message it hits you that fast...and there is NO misunderstanding...it's as clear as crystal.

Hearing God isn't a voice...it's a message that hits you in one one-hundredth of a second.

Even if it's a 4 paragraph message it hits you that fast...and there is NO misunderstanding...it's as clear as crystal.

Agreed but God does have a voice though. It's calming and soothing,.. unless He's angry or being playful and a goofball. XD

Nope! Not until He tells me and lets me know and needing proof for His existence isn't faith.
Your claims are false without evidence.

There's never been any proof for his existence or the supernatural and there never will be.
That's my unshakable faith for which I'll never have to make excuses.

Your claims are false without evidence.

There's never been any proof for his existence or the supernatural and there never will be.
That's my unshakable faith for which I'll never have to make excuses.

Seeing isn't believing,... Believing is seeing and I forgot what verse it is, but blessed are those who haven't seen and yet believed. :)

Here it is. Seen, heard,.. it's all the same thing to me.

Just a question because I experienced this today for myself. :( Luckily it didn't last too long though, God is my best friend and I take Him with me wherever I go. :)

Faith is a bit like having a conversation with a brick wall; the wall doesn't care if you stop talking to it or decide to ramble on to it all day. People who enter the room and catch you conversing with an inanimate object however . . . well, they're another story entirely.

Oh and my nicknames for God are DJ and The Deej (a current incarnation of Christ to blend in with today's time frame) because I made Him a story character after given His permission on the sole condition that I would show people what He's really like and bring people to Him and closer to Him. :)

I'm all on board with you being close to God. If you feel He's a close and loving presence and He guides you, that's fantastic.

Where I want to caution you is that God "gave you permission" to portray His Son as some hip guy named DJ.
I guess I would ask you: how did people find their way to Jesus without this portrayal of DJ?

What compelled them? What does the Bible say?

And then I would ask you to ponder more on the Holiness of God. The entire OT, the Tabernacle, the Temple--that's all to do with the Holiness of God. Those who reached out to straighten the Ark died on the spot, though their intentions were good. That seems harsh, but it teaches us that God is not like us. He is not of us. He is NOT us.

Even Jesus knew this: "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped...."--Philippians 2:5,6

Understanding the Holiness of God is important to knowing that we are helpless to do anything about even one of our sins. And even one of our sins will keep us out of Heaven.

In the end, if people don't understand this, they don't need Jesus. They don't need the real Jesus or DJ Jesus or any Jesus. They can say what the vast majority of our culture says: "hey I'm a Good Person, I'm sure God will accept me." And that works for most people because there's some truth to it. Most people don't do active harm in the universe--or don't think they do. But that's not the standard for the Holy God.

Here's the thing too--once you understand the standard, you realize just how radically loving Jesus is in what He did for us. We are entirely helpless in sin. He did the entire thing for us. Paid the full price.

Respectfully, that's so compelling and beautiful and transformational and loving no new character is necessary to portray it. It is already holy perfection.

PS In case there's any doubt--I am not a Good Person. That's why I need Jesus, everyone. And you need Him too. Thankfully, if He will accept a sassy grubber like me, He will accept you too. Today is the day of salvation!

Are you referring to the Zorro who was a hero?

No, the great Zorro, the fairy princess, and the unicorn. That's how this online friendship began in the first place remember?

I'm all on board with you being close to God. If you feel He's a close and loving presence and He guides you, that's fantastic.

Where I want to caution you is that God "gave you permission" to portray His Son as some hip guy named DJ.
I guess I would ask you: how did people find their way to Jesus without this portrayal of DJ?

What compelled them? What does the Bible say?

And then I would ask you to ponder more on the Holiness of God. The entire OT, the Tabernacle, the Temple--that's all to do with the Holiness of God. Those who reached out to straighten the Ark died on the spot, though their intentions were good. That seems harsh, but it teaches us that God is not like us. He is not of us. He is NOT us.

Even Jesus knew this: "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped...."--Philippians 2:5,6

Understanding the Holiness of God is important to knowing that we are helpless to do anything about even one of our sins. And even one of our sins will keep us out of Heaven.

In the end, if people don't understand this, they don't need Jesus. They don't need the real Jesus or DJ Jesus or any Jesus. They can say what the vast majority of our culture says: "hey I'm a Good Person, I'm sure God will accept me." And that works for most people because there's some truth to it. Most people don't do active harm in the universe--or don't think they do. But that's not the standard for the Holy God.

Here's the thing too--once you understand the standard, you realize just how radically loving Jesus is in what He did for us. We are entirely helpless in sin. He did the entire thing for us. Paid the full price.

Respectfully, that's so compelling and beautiful and transformational and loving no new character is necessary to portray it. It is already holy perfection.

PS In case there's any doubt--I am not a Good Person. That's why I need Jesus, everyone. And you need Him too. Thankfully, if He will accept a sassy grubber like me, He will accept you too. Today is the day of salvation!

Yeah, yeah, yeah I heard all of this stuff before. Look, I don't care what you say, but any time God tells me that I can do something as long as I'm evangelizing in the process I already know that it's Him talking to me.

No, the great Zorro, the fairy princess, and the unicorn. That's how this online friendship began in the first place remember?

Yeah, yeah, yeah I heard all of this stuff before. Look, I don't care what you say, but any time God tells me that I can do something as long as I'm evangelizing in the process I already know that it's Him talking to me.

The Holiness of God is a "yeah yeah yeah" to you?

Okay.

I tried.

The Holiness of God is a "yeah yeah yeah" to you?

Okay.

I tried.

NO God isn't the one who was nagging me, you were. I never said anything mean or insulting to God,.. at least in that context as I have accidentally lashed out at Him before, but this had absolutely nothing to do with Him.

NO God isn't the one who was nagging me, you were. I never said anything mean or insulting to God,.. at least in that context as I have accidentally lashed out at Him before, but this had absolutely nothing to do with Him.

I was not even talking about you being "mean or insulting" to God...I was talking about the Holiness of God.

No actually, I wouldn't go that far.

However, and again.

Is the real Jesus not beautiful enough?

What have you given "DJ" that Jesus does not have?

Maybe interest for the kiddies since I made DJ relatable if Jesus was living in the world today instead of over two thousand years ago? He probably wouldn't be riding donkeys and dressed like somebody from that time frame or talking like that anymore, (not like there's anything wrong with it of course) He'd being driving cars and talking on His cellphone blending in with today's society while still being sinless and holy.

Forum List

Back