Does Anybody Have a 2020 Kia SUV ?

FuckabunchofKia...

48019224571_03f4eb1387_o.jpg

My Chrysler dealer had a no cost lifetime Powertrain or drivetrain warranty. Can't remember what they actually called it. Provided at no cost on top of typical warranty.
Saved my ass when engine ate a cam shaft at 157 K miles. Got full replacement at no cost, long after my extended warranty expired. Some dealership's call it a million mile warranty. I have seen this among Hyundai and KIA in the Twin Cities.
The catch is lifetime expires when repairs reach current value of vehicle. So no one is getting an engine at a million miles. Still saved me though when I still had payments left at the time.

Any lifetime warranty is fantastic. My first brand-new car was a 1976 Dodge Aspen. The slant-six and the transmission were great. Too bad the rest of the car was a pile of crap. Most serious were a couple of recalls, first they replaced to hood in 1978 due to rust and more seriously in 1979 I went out to the car and found the front passenger wheel at a very odd angle. I had never gotten the recall notice of metal fatigue in the front suspension support plate that connects the wheel to the frame. I wanted to get 4 years out of it and luckily in 1980 Ohio wanted to boost its auto industry. So they temporarily eliminated the sales tax on new cars. A gal I was dating thought I traded in the Dodge for a Buick Regal to impress her. What might have given her such notion was a few weeks before the Aspen's window crank fell off into her hand as she was rolling down the window.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Best car I've owned was a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Our 2009 Kia Rondo is holding up very well (knock on wood). But then we don't driven very much, especially since I'm retired. The Kia currently has only 65,000 miles. I only put 90,000 on the Hyundai during the 12 years I owned it.

I don't buy or drive foreign crap.

I had a guy come over and complain I was hurting America buying a Toyota Van. I opened the door and pointed. The Van was built in Indiana, which was in America according to my memory of fifth grade geography.

Now the van and Toyota Trucks are built in Texas. Kia Sorento’s are built in Georgia. Volkswagen has a factory in Tennessee.

But somehow those cars aren’t as American as a Ford built in Mexico. Or a Chevy built in Canada or also in Mexico.

Dodge is owned by Fiat. And guess where their cars are made?

Things may not be what you imagine them to be. The cars with the most American Made parts and assembly are Tesla’s.

So since you drive an “American Made” car, how does the electric lifestyle suit you?

I bought a new car in 2017. I bought a Cadillac because of all the safety features. Then I think I heard Subaru has all the same features. Crap.
Cadillac is nicer looking though. Can't beat GM cars for looks.

Any lifetime warranty is fantastic. My first brand-new car was a 1976 Dodge Aspen. The slant-six and the transmission were great. Too bad the rest of the car was a pile of crap. Most serious were a couple of recalls, first they replaced to hood in 1978 due to rust and more seriously in 1979 I went out to the car and found the front passenger wheel at a very odd angle. I had never gotten the recall notice of metal fatigue in the front suspension support plate that connects the wheel to the frame. I wanted to get 4 years out of it and luckily in 1980 Ohio wanted to boost its auto industry. So they temporarily eliminated the sales tax on new cars. A gal I was dating thought I traded in the Dodge for a Buick Regal to impress her. What might have given her such notion was a few weeks before the Aspen's window crank fell off into her hand as she was rolling down the window.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Best car I've owned was a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Our 2009 Kia Rondo is holding up very well (knock on wood). But then we don't driven very much, especially since I'm retired. The Kia currently has only 65,000 miles. I only put 90,000 on the Hyundai during the 12 years I owned it.
My business has over 20 Dodge Caravan / Chrysler Town & Country vans & everyone went over 250k miles before I sold them in still running condition. Most still going with well over $300k miles on them. Never had an engine or transmission fail. 3 were totaled by insurance in crash accidents. Also have a couple Dodge Ram 3500's Cummins TD with over 300k miles & still rolling along. Also still driving a 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3L with 275k miles.

My friend has a tree company pounding the crap out of his Ford & GM trucks every day & they are average of 25 year old 200k+ mile trucks. He has lost a few to accidents & trees falling on them.

Last edited:
My business has over 20 Dodge Caravan / Chrysler Town & Country vans & everyone went over 250k miles before I sold them in still running condition. Most still going with well over $300k miles on them. Never had an engine or transmission fail. 3 were totaled by insurance in crash accidents. Also have a couple Dodge Ram 3500's Cummins TD with over 300k miles & still rolling along. Also still driving a 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3L with 275k miles.

My friend has a tree company pounding the crap out of his Ford & GM trucks every day & they are average of 25 year old 200k+ mile trucks.

Kind of strange rolling stock for a farmer in Missouri.

Kind of strange rolling stock for a farmer in Missouri.
We do a lot of equipment service, parts delivery, chemical transport & produce delivery. Everything is long distance travel from the farm. The minivans get the best mileage with secure enclosed cargo area larger than truck beds & multiple power doors making access to tools, parts & produce the easiest of any vehicles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back