Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Perhaps you should go back to the "commie hating" 1950's and start looking for "commies" under your bed, fool. Communism died in 1989. I'm a capitalist, you fool. I spent my entire professional life working in banking, finance and law, funding and supporting capitalism. But thanks for proving you know NOTHING about me.
Unions are the definition of communism, you have to pay a wage, you have to picket for commies, unions literally have killed families, (small contractors)

Unions are the definition of communism, you have to pay a wage, you have to picket for commies, unions literally have killed families, (small contractors)

Unions are private so they really can't be Communists. It's government supporting them in exchange for huge financial support is where the line is crossed.

Perhaps you should go back to the "commie hating" 1950's and start looking for "commies" under your bed, fool. Communism died in 1989. I'm a capitalist, you fool. I spent my entire professional life working in banking, finance and law, funding and supporting capitalism. But thanks for proving you know NOTHING about me.
we found you

Fascinating read and reality check for some:
However, for hose capable of reading between lines, what that boils down to is mostly "independent contractors" working multiple shit jobs for peanuts, such as Uber and Amazon drivers, with no significant benefits or job security, say if they should get injured or sick for instance.

Of course, the other timeless con is calling businesses with say 50 to 499 employees "small" all the while admitting that these comprise a tiny percentage of the whole. Why not stop at 49? Because the 50 to 499 ones would then properly be treated as Big Businesses, or mid-sized ones at least.

Tiger laughing.jpg

However, for hose capable of reading between lines, what that boils down to is mostly "independent contractors" working multiple shit jobs for peanuts, such as Uber and Amazon drivers, with no significant benefits or job security, say if they should get injured or sick for instance.
Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

I support unions. I’m a member of one (UWUA). I also believe that unions need to recognize and remember that they need the company as much as the company needs them. I’m thankful to be in a Union thst world in partnership with the companies thst employ us rather than in an adversarial relationship as I see in many situations.

Unions have their place and time. Not every work places needs one and there should not be a Govt employee union.

Republicans and Conservatives have been saying for decades that unions HAD their place and time but there is no longer a need for unions. You seem to have a slight variation of that right wing talking point. Do you believe unions are no longer necessary? If that were true this wouldn't be true

Just 10% of American workers belonged to a union in 2022, the lowest in Labor Department records going back to 1983, when the rate was 20%.

Never mind that 71% of Americans approve of unions, the highest in nearly six decades and up from 48% in 2009, a Gallup poll conducted last summer found.

If this is true, why is approval for unions growing? Sorry but unions may be just as necessary today as they were back then. Corporations and the guys at the top aren't sharing fairly with labor. Unions will make sure they do.

Republicans and Conservatives have been saying for decades that unions HAD their place and time but there is no longer a need for unions. You seem to have a slight variation of that right wing talking point. Do you believe unions are no longer necessary? If that were true this wouldn't be true

Just 10% of American workers belonged to a union in 2022, the lowest in Labor Department records going back to 1983, when the rate was 20%.

Never mind that 71% of Americans approve of unions, the highest in nearly six decades and up from 48% in 2009, a Gallup poll conducted last summer found.

If this is true, why is approval for unions growing? Sorry but unions may be just as necessary today as they were back then. Corporations and the guys at the top aren't sharing fairly with labor. Unions will make sure they do.

Why do unions get to speak about politics for their members? Are members all supposed to vote as those who push their support for a political candidate or get fired?

Public Sector unions need to go........they are simply money laundering operations for the democrat party....who raise the public sector salaries and then get their cut....and the tax payers have no say in the negotiations......even though it is our money they are using...

Public Sector unions need to go........they are simply money laundering operations for the democrat party....who raise the public sector salaries and then get their cut....and the tax payers have no say in the negotiations......even though it is our money they are using...
Oh I would love that. Tell that to my cop friend.

All unions will do is get companies to leave the state or country altogether.

Why do unions get to speak about politics for their members? Are members all supposed to vote as those who push their support for a political candidate or get fired?
They are in a union. Solidarity brother. We all need to vote Democratic. Republicans hate labor and unions. They only represent the corporations interests. NEVER labors.

I love it Republicans made Michigan a right to work state during Rick Snyder. Gretchen just repealed that shit

Michigan repealed its “right-to-work” law Friday, scrapping the anti-union policy that has hurt worker organizing in the state for over a decade and marking the first time a state had repealed any such law in close to 60 years. It’s a big win for the welfare of workers in Michigan — and across the nation.

Right-to-work laws have a deceptive name. They sound as if they’re meant to protect someone’s right to a job, but in reality they’re designed to make it harder for unions to function and organize.

They are in a union. Solidarity brother. We all need to vote Democratic. Republicans hate labor and unions. They only represent the corporations interests. NEVER labors.

I love it Republicans made Michigan a right to work state during Rick Snyder. Gretchen just repealed that shit

Michigan repealed its “right-to-work” law Friday, scrapping the anti-union policy that has hurt worker organizing in the state for over a decade and marking the first time a state had repealed any such law in close to 60 years. It’s a big win for the welfare of workers in Michigan — and across the nation.

Right-to-work laws have a deceptive name. They sound as if they’re meant to protect someone’s right to a job, but in reality they’re designed to make it harder for unions to function and organize.

So....you are a fascist....you want to force people to join a union....or not be able to work...right?

That is your concept of freedom? Join, or no work for you?

So....you are a fascist....you want to force people to join a union....or not be able to work...right?

If you want to work for a union company you have to join the union. If you are management you don't have to join. But if you are going to benefit from union protection then yes you have to join the union and pay your dues.

Relax. You make more now so you can afford the dues.

This is giving labor more power. This is leveling the playing field. You want to weaken/destroy unions.

What is it called when a company threatens employees if they even talk about unionizing? Is that fascism?

If Amazon wants to do business in MI, it'll pay it's employees better. Or get unionized. Simple choices. They can leave and I'm sure Bamazon will be glad to take over.

Yes....next comes the arresting of people who won't fall in line.......forced party membership to feed your family, or you will be jailed.....

You guys always follow the same playbook....

Relax. 10% of Americans are in unions. You're safe. You don't have to join one. But if you apply to a unionized company, yea, you have to join the union. If you don't maybe you shouldn't work there. You might get hurt.

Forum List

Back