Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well you've definitely drunk the right wing Kool-Aid on labour issues.

The petty grievances don't "sort themselves out". They sit and they fester, and they poison the workplace. They result in high turnover, which is expensive for companies. It costs a company between 30 to 50% of their annual salary to replace one employee. Forbes says its 33% on average.

Much of the chaos and dysfunction of the Trump Administration was because nobody knew what they were doing initially, and 25% of the staff left in the first year of the Administration. Nobody stayed long enough to learn how to do the job.

Much of the legislative success of the Obama Administration and now the Biden Administration is that NO ONE quit in the first year of either Administration. Everybody came in with experience and/or expertise, sat down, and got to work. Obama and Biden spent their transition time setting up their teams, and sorting out assignments. But since Obama, Congress has been very slow to confirm appointments.

Hilarious...
Trump was under a microscope for 4 years.
He told people in his administration to do something and they were afraid of being kicked out of the Boys Club so they didn't do what they were ordered to do.
Trump fired them.

The petty grievances don't "sort themselves out". They sit and they fester, and they poison the workplace. They result in high turnover, which is expensive for companies. It costs a company between 30 to 50% of their annual salary to replace one employee. Forbes says its 33% on average.

Much of the chaos and dysfunction of the Trump Administration was because nobody knew what they were doing initially, and 25% of the staff left in the first year of the Administration. Nobody stayed long enough to learn how to do the job.

Much of the legislative success of the Obama Administration and now the Biden Administration is that NO ONE quit in the first year of either Administration. Everybody came in with experience and/or expertise, sat down, and got to work. Obama and Biden spent their transition time setting up their teams, and sorting out assignments. But since Obama, Congress has been very slow to confirm appointments.

LOL so it is TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!!!! about everything.

By the way, when your local factory job becomes vacant, they just go to the next application on file. They don't hire recruiters to do nationwide searches for a broom pusher or a machine operator.

Yes, he got people simply because they were cross dressers, gay, or swore they didn't know what a woman was because they were not biologists. Our airports are experiencing all kinds of problems because he hired a failed gay Mayor with no transportation experience to be Secretary of Transportation. His VP was picked exclusively because of the shade of her skin and gender. Not only is she doing a terrible job, but she's the most hated VP in modern times.

Dragonlady
Moonglow
Zincwarrior

You have no right to say you stand up for human rights or workers rights Until you actually act like you say you do. It’s really getting old and tiring

If you wont support unions then don’t make the claim that you do…. The world is tired of hypocrite attitude that you people have. Please change your ways…. at least Republicans in the thread are honest unlike you two ….

I believe that over 95% of America supports unions. But I wonder if that was the case in the 1940s or maybe it has changed today. I want to be able to convince as many people as possible here that unions are pro American, they are pro Christian they are pro traditions. They are pro civil liberties, they are pro second amendment, they are pro police and pro firefighters and pro military.

Yes there are corrupt union leaders yes they are corrupt teachers, yes there are corrupt police officers, yes there are corrupt members of the NAACP, yes there are corrupt members of the United States government. There’s corruption in every country in the world. America stands out as the most liberal and free country at all of human history. Our middle class, our military , and our economy is the best in the world because of American greatness, Because of our glorious victory in World War II where we saved the free world with our brave Soviet , Chinese and British allies ….and because of the steel workers and United States military, and the will of the American men and women through history…they all made our country great and glorious.

Rather than going to a very long post as I often do I’ll make this as short as possible. I can’t think of a better image and video to show then the one below. Because after all all of the conservatives here who say they love America who say they stand by the Second Amendment, who they who say they stand by family, Christianity and American traditions I only ask you to just look briefly at the following video because the very people you aspire to be …well they are the men and the women of the following video. The steel workers of the following video who contributed to World War II who fought in World War II. Who fought in the Vietnam war who came home and who were able to get a steel job that set them for life. I can’t think of anything else to bring forward to prove my point gentlemen and ladies. I can’t think of anything else other than this. These were and are unionized workers these are steel workers.

That is patriotism^

The power of American steel we see that above. The power of American greatness in manufacturing we see this above. Our bridges are roads, our road signs and so much more come from steel. Just the term “American steel” sounds so awesome and strong.

What is their purpose today?

Get bent.
You are not what you say you are. That simple you can launch all the personal attacks you want. You don’t support unions. And you don’t have a right to say you do. It’s literally like someone saying oh I support Obama but then they don’t even vote for him. Come on man you’re better than this you were raised better than this my good brother

Who has control of televisions these days mostly ,…Toshiba? Obviously we get a lot of the stuff from Japan my friend. But I give credit to Japanese engineers they make some pretty good Automobiles these days.

With regards to mass consumerism today. We still use steel in abundance. Perhaps the difference of today that is quite glaring compared to the American past ….is we have many more fast food chains in mega stores like Walmart and target that don’t pay much to workers in this country and that is a bad part of mass consumerism.

There’s also a problem with the changing of jobs in America…. because going back to the time period We are talking about you could see one factory employing 40,000 people. Whether it be Republic steel or Bethlehem steel here in Buffalo New York they employed tens of thousands of people at each of their plants. All of those folks had union jobs. And this type of site where one factory or one large building employs 40,000 even 100,000 people it seems like those days are gone and I don’t know if that’s a good thing. So in some way shape or form the question is can that type of situation be brought back.?

Can big tech give us good jobs. Tesla cannot give us good jobs they have a number of plants all over the country including one in Buffalo that took over the former Bethlehem steel plant. And it’s an ugly site Tesla in Buffalo in Plaza about 500 people and nonunion jobs that pay a non-competitive rate something like $17 an hour with no upward mobility no pension no union protection. Whereas back in the day I Bethlehem Steel you were making $30 an hour after six months on the job adjusted for inflation of course to today’s currency. And you had a pension. And you were making an American product …American steel that we saw in our skyscrapers, we see today in our bridges and we see all over the country…. steel is still very much in use.

The big companies these days are Tesla, Amazon and Google. Not everyone can get a job in tech though and honestly can the tech industry give someone a great job out of high school like we used to be able to get with union jobs?. So there’s a great concern in going forward for the country with regard to having a strong middle class.

Nowadays it seems to be about the service industry and tech jobs in this country. And there’s a few concerns there. What about all that union jobs that folks used to be able to get it right out of high school working at a steel mill or auto plants and they be set for life. Plus with big tech and the service industry going woke, this is a problem for American culture it’s making this week. What does steel jobs, the auto jobs and we can also talk about police jobs working as a correction officer in a New York state prison for example those jobs create muscles and they make men and women strong. They also provide a very good pension.
Wow, you certainly made a great case for how Unions shipped so many millions of jobs to foreign countries.

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

Dragonlady
Moonglow

“ I support unions”

Oh do you really.?

If you want to troll threads take it elsewhere or better yet grow up.

Americans are dying on the streets. Rich liberals rich and fake Republicans aren’t doing a damn thing about it. Because this country is shit we are shit today. And will we bring back our glorious American past? I think we will if we could work together. And bring back good jobs.

Working together , the power of positive thinking. Being physically fit, trusting in God goes along way my brothers

You are not what you say you are. That simple you can launch all the personal attacks you want. You don’t support unions. And you don’t have a right to say you do. It’s literally like someone saying oh I support Obama but then they don’t even vote for him. Come on man you’re better than this you were raised better than this my good brother
No need for unions today

Moonglow
Zincwarrior
Dragonlady

Add to all of the other Democrats and people who say they are liberals. We need union solidarity. If you don’t know what that is that means supporting unions always in general you always support them sure we got a few bad eggs in the military sure we got a few really bad teachers we got a few bad doctors a few bad union leaders but all together we’re in this country together. God bless you and your family. Please forgive me if I offended any of you. Sincerely please forgive me if I’m offended you or anyone in this thread

Markle

It seems you’re a bit upset with me so if I have offended you I sincerely apologize brother.

if I have offended anyone in this thread forgive me. I just realize I’m going against my own goals with some of my language recently that’s unacceptable

Last edited:
Moonglow
Zincwarrior
Dragonlady

Add to all of the other Democrats and people who say they are liberals. We need union solidarity. If you don’t know what that is that means supporting unions always in general you always support them sure we got a few bad eggs in the military sure we got a few really bad teachers we got a few bad doctors a few bad union leaders but all together we’re in this country together. God bless you and your family. Please forgive me if I offended any of you. Sincerely please forgive me if I’m offended you or anyone in this thread

if I have offended anyone in this thread forgive me. I just realize I’m going against my own goals with some of my language recently that’s unacceptable
unions had a valid place in the 1920s and 1930s, today we have laws that protect workers from the evils unions fought for. Unions today are nothing but a funding source for liberal democrats.

Moonglow
Zincwarrior
Dragonlady

Don’t need unions today

and for less at that

one really needs to acknowledge union history

we went from >>>>

where children quit school , so the family could eat

To a society in from the 50's through the 70's where ONE blue collar parent could support the entire family

Then came the Union busters ,the Reaganistas, NAFTA , Globalization

Now our children face a lesser life style than we enjoy, and that middle class is anorexic due to the disparity they created
~S~
As a reminder.

Today's Date: February 12, 2023

And...
Rules-S.jpg

Is this difficult for you to comprehend?

I do not believe public unions should have the power to strike. If they cannot come to an agreement on compensation and other matters, then an independent arbitrator can be assigned to determine a temporary agreement that is binding on both sides with severe financial penalties for failure to comply.

IMHO, private union law ought to be up to the individual states to decide. If they want to have RTW laws, so be it. The voters can vote out the people that support that, or not as the case may be. If a private union wants to strike, so be it; BUT the company should also have the right to close up shop and move elsewhere, even offshore. Or liquidate everything and go out of business.

Pro-business people should realize that the golden days of unionization are over. American business cannot compete with foreign products made by foreign labor that is far less expensive that American union labor. That's just the way it is, in too many cases a foreign competitor can make stuff and ship it here and sell it for less than American-made products. That's just the reality of a globalized world.

Forum List

Back