Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Neither men nor women were stronger in the 50's and 60's. You're completely delusional, looking back at a time that never was.
Actually, you are WRONG AGAIN!
  • American men’s average testosterone levels have dropped by 1% yearly since 1980, as testosterone decline statistics reveal.

Actually, you are WRONG AGAIN!
  • American men’s average testosterone levels have dropped by 1% yearly since 1980, as testosterone decline statistics reveal.
none of us are getting any younger Mark.......

Testosterone-Levels-By-Age-Chart-1024x1024.png

~S~

Im with a union job (public sector / school) for the past two years. I didn't join the union, as I don't like their political contributions.

The pay is good and the benefits amzaing and cheap. But from what I can tell, it's mainly protecting the "bad" workers And not rewarding the "good" workers as much as would have been possible in my last (non union) job.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Pretty much says it all.

I believe that over 95% of America supports unions. But I wonder if that was the case in the 1940s or maybe it has changed today. I want to be able to convince as many people as possible here that unions are pro American, they are pro Christian they are pro traditions. They are pro civil liberties, they are pro second amendment, they are pro police and pro firefighters and pro military.

Yes there are corrupt union leaders yes they are corrupt teachers, yes there are corrupt police officers, yes there are corrupt members of the NAACP, yes there are corrupt members of the United States government. There’s corruption in every country in the world. America stands out as the most liberal and free country at all of human history. Our middle class, our military , and our economy is the best in the world because of American greatness, Because of our glorious victory in World War II where we saved the free world with our brave Soviet , Chinese and British allies ….and because of the steel workers and United States military, and the will of the American men and women through history…they all made our country great and glorious.

Rather than going to a very long post as I often do I’ll make this as short as possible. I can’t think of a better image and video to show then the one below. Because after all all of the conservatives here who say they love America who say they stand by the Second Amendment, who they who say they stand by family, Christianity and American traditions I only ask you to just look briefly at the following video because the very people you aspire to be …well they are the men and the women of the following video. The steel workers of the following video who contributed to World War II who fought in World War II. Who fought in the Vietnam war who came home and who were able to get a steel job that set them for life. I can’t think of anything else to bring forward to prove my point gentlemen and ladies. I can’t think of anything else other than this. These were and are unionized workers these are steel workers.

That is patriotism^

The power of American steel we see that above. The power of American greatness in manufacturing we see this above. Our bridges are roads, our road signs and so much more come from steel. Just the term “American steel” sounds so awesome and strong.

Well you're wrong, unions had their place and time in our history, and that exactly where they should remain. Today, most union leadership support commiecrats, they are neither Christian or in favor of traditional values most Americans hold dear.

Agreed. How is it government workers can retire at the age of 55 while the rest of us have to wait until the age of 67 for full retirement benefits? That's right, because the taxpayer is paying for it instead of private industry.

Those who retire at age 55 have no MediCare or Social Security, and in order to retire with full benefits from anywhere at age 55 you have to have 30 years of service.

unions had a valid place in the 1920s and 1930s, today we have laws that protect workers from the evils unions fought for. Unions today are nothing but a funding source for liberal democrats.

Unions have a valid place today because workplace laws don't cover a lot of evils. Legal enforcement of workplace standards is slow and the government doesn't get involved unless the case is big enough to warrant attention. Wage theft by employers underpaying their workers, or claiming deductions for meals, breakage, or other "amenities" is the most frequent crime in America and it goes unreported, and unpunished.

Well you're wrong, unions had their place and time in our history, and that exactly where they should remain. Today, most union leadership support commiecrats, they are neither Christian or in favor of traditional values most Americans hold dear.

What happened to the "no religious test for public office" part of the Constitution? Most Americans don't hold power for the wealthy as a 'traditional values".

Those who retire at age 55 have no MediCare or Social Security, and in order to retire with full benefits from anywhere at age 55 you have to have 30 years of service.

Unions have a valid place today because workplace laws don't cover a lot of evils. Legal enforcement of workplace standards is slow and the government doesn't get involved unless the case is big enough to warrant attention. Wage theft by employers underpaying their workers, or claiming deductions for meals, breakage, or other "amenities" is the most frequent crime in America and it goes unreported, and unpunished.
you know nothing about this topic, best if you just STFU and go to something else.

Not in the private market. You can have 40 years with a company and still have to wait until the age of 67.

Im with a union job (public sector / school) for the past two years. I didn't join the union, as I don't like their political contributions.

The pay is good and the benefits amzaing and cheap. But from what I can tell, it's mainly protecting the "bad" workers And not rewarding the "good" workers as much as would have been possible in my last (non union) job.

As I said earlier, unions just got too big and too powerful. They decide who a company can hire, who a company can fire, and which employees get promoted regardless of their past performance. No company can survive for very long that way.

Good ones, sure.
Unfortunately the spotty variety overrides the black and white topic of "should we be Union or not".

We don’t live in a communist country, you want government to control who gets paid and who doesn’t, these political structures never work, we created this nation to be free from government over reach. You don’t have to live here.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Pretty much says it all.

Yep, he was sure being brutally honest there! Opposed by billions of anti-union, Big corporate dollars. :sigh2:

Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg

Wage theft? Meals? Breakage?

You're joking, right?

Perhaps you should go read the OP again ya foreign commie bitch.

Perhaps you should go back to the "commie hating" 1950's and start looking for "commies" under your bed, fool. Communism died in 1989. I'm a capitalist, you fool. I spent my entire professional life working in banking, finance and law, funding and supporting capitalism. But thanks for proving you know NOTHING about me.

Forum List

Back