Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
The OP troll is rapidly turning into one of those "one topic" posters who just post some version of the same one comment over and over endlessly.

everyone should talk about the good unions … I see the critics of unions ..they’re not talking about the 1940s 1950s 1960s that was a golden era in the United States of America

Back then Americans bought American made products. We don't do that any longer. That's why the only thing unions do is chase jobs away.

Your union support and push is fruitless. In order to bring back unions, you have to convince me why I should pay $2,500 for an American made union big screen television over the same television made overseas for $800.00. Now, if you can change the purchasing attitudes of the American consumers first, only then can you try to bring back unions. But promoting unions without changing our consumer attitude is a compete wast of time.

Last edited:
For me it’s enough of a general question. I feel the same thing as asking do you support the police do you support the military.

I support the police in general. I support the military in general. I support unions in general because these are all pro American and pro Christian. They bring glory and wealthy people. Again people don’t understand that in the American past unions prevented sweatshops we would have sweatshops today with 10 year olds working starvation wages if it wasn’t for unions. We would have a one dollar an hour minimum wage if not less if it wasn’t for unions. We would have people working 14 hours a day unable to enjoy them self and go on vacations if it wasn’t for unions.

I’ve done everything I can. I can’t think of anything else to do I’m showing videos from the American pass and every single Republican who claims to stand for patriotism who claims to stand for American oil and steel what more can I possibly do. I’m showing them oil I’m showing them steel, I’m showing them how our skyscrapers how are bridges were built by steel all of these were done with union jobs. I certainly believe that if I showed this in public it would win over 95% of all Americans. But there’s a communication issue here on the Internet that the people who are against unions are not seeing. And I could do a better job communicating this thread

I admire the oil industry, the steel industry and the auto industry these are all unionized. Folks what more do you want to see my friends in order to say you support unions.

At this point I’m trying to win over everyone to the side of unions by showing them that the Americans of the past supported the unions. I think the American culture today is really screwed up

People keep talking about things that I am not envisioning that is really what is upsetting. Perhaps I could do a better job with communications because every single person on this form who has opposed unions has not commented on World War II, they don’t comment on the steelmills they don’t comment at the sight of strong men and women who had great jobs that set them for life. We have a problem in our country today with a high divorce rate, high obesity rates, Americans are keep eating McDonald’s. We have fast food chains all over the place ….what happened to the proud site of American factories.

everyone should talk about the good unions … I see the critics of unions ..they’re not talking about the 1940s 1950s 1960s that was a golden era in the United States of America

What makes you think steel mills were unionized during WWII?

And once again you would be wrong. 71% is the numbers but that's way up from 2009 when only 48% of Americans approved of unions.

That's BS too. The only way to support unions is if you purchase the products they make. If that happened Walmart would be out of business. You can't really say you support US unions and then fill your house with cheap Chinese products. If you do that, then you don't support US unions.

Unions suck ass today. We had one at my last job, should you be foolish enough to buy in. They didn't do dick and were the worst negotiators. Since when do you start negotiations at a 2% raise for example, when the goal is 2%? They even tried to take ownership of something I did, that was sure comical. I didn't say a word, because they are just that worthless and cannot be taken seriously.

Well brother I’m open to hearing you out. You know I have the upmost respect for Stonewall Jackson Thomas J Jackson I wrote a paper about him back in middle school always remember that

Wasn’t it the case that in American history that the southern states didn’t have as many union jobs as a northern ones.?

Your viewpoint is greatly appreciated as his every single posters in this thread who oppose unions. I certainly get a little emotional on this topic because unions to me are the most pro American thing in our history.

Why do you oppose ? unions do you envision the union leaders stealing all the money or something like that? How about how unions brought us pensions they brought us the ability for steel manufacturers to provide for their children to go to college.

The south had no need for unions as they were mostly agricultural and relied on slave labor.

Rather than going to a very long post
Too late. It's nice that you support unions now that they've all but been squashed to nothingness, but either lose the cheap talk to text app or at least spend a minute or two editing the product before smashing that post topic button.

Hossfly

Brother of all people I would’ve thought you would vote pro union.

what do you think about the 1950s when our country had honor and integrity and we could go get a job at the steel mill. Look at how disgusting our country is today look at the people in charge what is the bankers. I stand by American strength and dignity. What religion are you?

There’s a ton of people in banking… who oppose unions. All about wealth greed money. Who’s side are you on ?
As you know, unions caused the end of our steel industry, much of our manufacturing, our auto industry, and many other industries due to unrealistic hikes in wages and benefits.

As far as public unions go, they should be illegal. Even far-left Franklin Roosevelt knew that could not work. But, here we are.

Last edited:
As you know, unions caused the end of our steel industry, manufacturing, our auto industry, and many other industries due to unrealistic hikes in wages and benefits.

As far as public unions go, they should be illegal. Even far-left Franklin Roosevelt knew that could not work. But, here we are.

Agreed. How is it government workers can retire at the age of 55 while the rest of us have to wait until the age of 67 for full retirement benefits? That's right, because the taxpayer is paying for it instead of private industry.

Agreed. How is it government workers can retire at the age of 55 while the rest of us have to wait until the age of 67 for full retirement benefits? That's right, because the taxpayer is paying for it instead of private industry.
You can retire whenever you damn well please and being a "government worker" doesn't permit you to collect S.S. any sooner than anyone else. If you could just quit whining,.. that'd be great!

Back then Americans bought American made products. We don't do that any longer. That's why the only thing unions do is chase jobs away.

Your union support and push is fruitless. In order to bring back unions, you have to convince me why I should pay $2,500 for an American made union big screen television over the same television made overseas for $800.00. Now, if you can change the purchasing attitudes of the American consumers first, only then can you try to bring back unions. But promoting unions without changing our consumer attitude is a compete wast of time.
Think!
1676195017827.png

Who has control of televisions these days mostly ,…Toshiba? Obviously we get a lot of the stuff from Japan my friend. But I give credit to Japanese engineers they make some pretty good Automobiles these days.

With regards to mass consumerism today. We still use steel in abundance. Perhaps the difference of today that is quite glaring compared to the American past ….is we have many more fast food chains in mega stores like Walmart and target that don’t pay much to workers in this country and that is a bad part of mass consumerism.

There’s also a problem with the changing of jobs in America…. because going back to the time period We are talking about you could see one factory employing 40,000 people. Whether it be Republic steel or Bethlehem steel here in Buffalo New York they employed tens of thousands of people at each of their plants. All of those folks had union jobs. And this type of site where one factory or one large building employs 40,000 even 100,000 people it seems like those days are gone and I don’t know if that’s a good thing. So in some way shape or form the question is can that type of situation be brought back.?

Can big tech give us good jobs. Tesla cannot give us good jobs they have a number of plants all over the country including one in Buffalo that took over the former Bethlehem steel plant. And it’s an ugly site Tesla in Buffalo in Plaza about 500 people and nonunion jobs that pay a non-competitive rate something like $17 an hour with no upward mobility no pension no union protection. Whereas back in the day I Bethlehem Steel you were making $30 an hour after six months on the job adjusted for inflation of course to today’s currency. And you had a pension. And you were making an American product …American steel that we saw in our skyscrapers, we see today in our bridges and we see all over the country…. steel is still very much in use.

The big companies these days are Tesla, Amazon and Google. Not everyone can get a job in tech though and honestly can the tech industry give someone a great job out of high school like we used to be able to get with union jobs?. So there’s a great concern in going forward for the country with regard to having a strong middle class.

Nowadays it seems to be about the service industry and tech jobs in this country. And there’s a few concerns there. What about all that union jobs that folks used to be able to get it right out of high school working at a steel mill or auto plants and they be set for life. Plus with big tech and the service industry going woke, this is a problem for American culture it’s making this week. What does steel jobs, the auto jobs and we can also talk about police jobs working as a correction officer in a New York state prison for example those jobs create muscles and they make men and women strong. They also provide a very good pension.

Last edited:
Who has control of televisions these days mostly as a Toshiba? Obviously we get a lot of the stuff from Japan my friend. But I give credit to Japanese engineers they make some pretty good Automobiles these days.

There’s also a problem with the changing of jobs in America because going back to the time. We are talking about you couldn’t see one factory employing 40,000 people. Whether it be Republic steel or Bethlehem steel here in Buffalo New York they employed tens of thousands of people at each of their plants. All of those folks had union jobs. And this type of site where one factory or one large building employs 40,000 even 100,000 people seems like those days are gone and I don’t know if that’s a good thing. So in some way shape or form the question is in that type of situation be brought back.?

The big companies these days are Tesla, Amazon and Google. Not everyone can get a job in tech though and honestly can the tech industry give someone a great job out of high school like we used to be able to get with union jobs?. So there’s a great concern in going forward for the country with regard to having a strong middle class.

Nowadays it seems to be about the service industry and tech jobs in this country. And there’s a few concerns there. What about all that union jobs that folks used to be able to get it right out of high school working at a steel mill or auto plants and they be set for life. Plus with big tech and the service industry going woke, this is a problem for American culture it’s making this week. What does steel jobs, the auto jobs and we can also talk about police jobs working as a correction officer in a New York state prison for example those jobs create muscles and they make men and women strong. They also provide a very good pension.
retirements 3 legged stool were SS, pensions & savings .....~S~

Forum List

Back