Do you or your family play Angry Birds?

Nice slur piece. No, Angry Birds does not deliberately give the NSA access. The article basically said that any app that networks could conceivably be used for tracking people. Meaning you better delete every app you have, if you're going to be consistent.

---
The documents, published by The New York Times, the Guardian, and ProPublica, suggest that the mapping, gaming, and social networking apps available on smartphones can feed America's National Security Agency and Britain's GCHQ spy agency with huge amounts of personal data.

Little is known about the scope and scale of the program, but all three publications outlined how data could be harvested from apps such as the Angry Birds game franchise or Google's popular mapping service.
---

Got to talk with my son. He's got the Angry Bird bug, he plays the game on his I-pad. He is in grade school after all. He also enjoys comic books, which is good. There is no harm in comic books ...yet.

I had no idea that NSA could get personal info this way.

I don't play games on my phone. Time is far better spent reading.

Ahh, so no big deal then?

Not really. The NSA can spy on me other ways. Which leads me to this novel idea:

375740_646479305387940_910711047_n.jpg

My son plays Angry Birds/Star Wars on "my" iPad... when he goes to bed I play the games while I am on USMB and I rename the characters after members with the latest flame/poster wars.

:razz:

If so then the NSA may have your personal info.

NSA Using Angry Birds, Other Smartphone Apps To Collect Personal Data: Report

When is congress going to put and end to this stuff?

Have mine already. Gave it to them when I joined the Navy and then applied to...Well the Federal government afterwords. :)

If you have nothing to hide, step into the light.

Thats the same argument the repubs made when bush was tapping emails. Wrong then and wrong now.

Most people post what they're doing all day long on facebook and tweets anyways.

If so then the NSA may have your personal info.

NSA Using Angry Birds, Other Smartphone Apps To Collect Personal Data: Report

When is congress going to put and end to this stuff?

Have mine already. Gave it to them when I joined the Navy and then applied to...Well the Federal government afterwords. :)

If you have nothing to hide, step into the light.

Thats the same argument the repubs made when bush was tapping emails. Wrong then and wrong now.

Agreed. The fact that people will partisanly flip the script on such an important issue is quite disturbing.

Forum List

Back