Do you often think about your demise

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
This seems to be in my brains a lot these days

I have quick images of my last breath, my last thought, my last beat of my heart

Very morbid and eccentric I know.

Does anyone else find the heart very GROSS ??

I have quick images of my last breath, my last thought, my last beat of my heart

I think about death in vague terms. I'm not afraid of it. I used to be. But I think I'll always feel I haven't done enough or have been good enough. The stuff about knowing you'll get to Heaven is ill-conceived. You don't know your fate until the moment of your death.

"work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” - Philippians 2:12

Pray a lot.
Deny self a lot.
Love others a lot.

I've gotten to the age that I know all of life's good shit is behind me other than actually officially retiring but otherwise not too much. Maybe that first grandchild will put a spring in my step one day, but I am just bidding time (hopefully decades) at this point. Really no more grind left in life other than managing the inevitable health declines. Worst case scenario is I can sell off everything but my house and make it to the end as long as I manage my money okayish.

No. I think about the demise of my enemies, but only peacefully, I don't like violence. Demise to me means "exposed and discredited", knowing the domino effect will be fantastic.

As an example, I've reached out to many foreign businesses, one such company just entered the Canadian market. The nugget of advise I suggested to them some time ago was, paraphrasing, "please reconsider any investment in Canada, but If you DO decide to, at least do so understanding how weak our civil liberties and economy is. In such a desperate climate such as this, demand government grants and sweeteners to essentially pass on your expenses to our abusive government".

One company received over $100M free cash from the sucker taxpayers from both the province of Ontario and the fed government. I'm not suggesting I'm the reason this happened, I'm suggesting that I'm spreading the facts in hopes a cost is incurred for the stripping of my rights.

Furthermore, as I am aware that many of these companies are only investing in Canada due to the Free Market access to the U.S market, an additional impact is that such desperate actions by our government also potentially in some cases exposes Canada to challenges via USMCA and other trade agreements around the world.

It's easier to be principled and support the same human rights Canada tells OTHER nation to support. When our police do as they please to whom they please, I want to let them know about the severe damage done, and, the consequences.

No, but I do need to get a will written and do something so the state doesn't take centuries of my family's history if I die.

How old are you? I find the older i get, the more i think about it.

You, personally, force US to think of your demise, since you constantly post this shit.
Man up dude.

Hook up with skye , she likes you.

I am Middle Aged

It's natural to consider ones demise, but it can't absorb all of your energy or your ability to actually live and pursue your passions could be snuffed out, leading to a paralysis of your soul.

When I get stressed or frustrated I enjoy a long walk or run. Best in the morning if feasible and by the end I am energized and "present in the moment"

As we age, we experience the things of life good and bad. And what we have done good and bad. At some point what are we waiting for. We want to live. And maybe for what. Many will go to doctors for every reason possible to extend their lives. Always depending on many medications to do so or by the medical profession's directions. Being old can bring more peace but the ache and pains and psyche issues ruin the end game for many.

It's natural to consider ones demise, but it can't absorb all of your energy or your ability to actually live and pursue your passions could be snuffed out, leading to a paralysis of your soul.

When I get stressed or frustrated I enjoy a long walk or run. Best in the morning if feasible and by the end I am energized and "present in the moment"
Walking or running is no longer possible with me

I follow some Torah Laws. I do understand that I will have an Afterlife. The vast majority of people will suffer for some time and will find eternal blessing.

Forum List

Back