Do you have a spiritual gift from God

Only a truly humble person would claim to have no gifts of God ...
Ah.... the old Amish beard paradox. Amish men grow beards to show they have no vanity which leads to Amish men being proud of their lack of vanity.

A truly humble person would never make any claim one way or the other but would always give credit where credit was due... to God and give blame where blame was due... man.

It is not for the humble person to lay claim to humility one way or another. That responsibility rests with others. Such as I have done. It's my claim to make.

Now with all that said... a humble man can do prideful things just as an honest man can be dishonest. No one is all good or all bad all of the time. It's the sum that provides the weight. There have only been two perfect humans in the history of mankind. Jesus and Mary.

Ah.... the old Amish beard paradox. Amish men grow beards to show they have no vanity which leads to Amish men being proud of their lack of vanity.

Actually they do so as shaving is considered "worldly" ... and they're right ... God created Man in His own image, why would we take razor and desecrate the image of God there in the mirror ... I'll shave for court if I gotta win, otherwise hell no, my beard is a good match for my butt length long beautiful hair ... image of God baby ...

A truly humble person would never make any claim one way or the other but would always give credit where credit was due... to God and give blame where blame was due... man.

It is not for the humble person to lay claim to humility one way or another. That responsibility rests with others. Such as I have done. It's my claim to make.

It is a gift you've been given ... and with your own testimony here, you edify the rest of us ... you know I'm a blow hard and humility has been a problem for me ... "stubborn" they say for some strange reason ... "where two or more are gathered, and touch upon the things I've touched upon, I will be there" ... turns out, the simple truth is simple, strange eh? ...

Now with all that said... a humble man can do prideful things just as an honest man can be dishonest. No one is all good or all bad all of the time. It's the sum that provides the weight. There have only been two perfect humans in the history of mankind. Jesus and Mary.

How could you possible think ... oh wait ... right, try to be humble ... maybe not say anything at all? ... I'm not that smart ... there's a book out there called The Book of Mary ... fact or fiction, it is contemporaneous with the Four Gospels in Canon ... Mary was not perfect, far from it ... unsuited for the nunnery and was married off to a local widower ... at least that's what this book says ... The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden, World Publishing Inc. ... things that escaped Catholic censorship early on ...

Actually they do so as shaving is considered "worldly" ... and they're right ... God created Man in His own image, why would we take razor and desecrate the image of God there in the mirror ... I'll shave for court if I gotta win, otherwise hell no, my beard is a good match for my butt length long beautiful hair ... image of God baby ...

It is a gift you've been given ... and with your own testimony here, you edify the rest of us ... you know I'm a blow hard and humility has been a problem for me ... "stubborn" they say for some strange reason ... "where two or more are gathered, and touch upon the things I've touched upon, I will be there" ... turns out, the simple truth is simple, strange eh? ...

How could you possible think ... oh wait ... right, try to be humble ... maybe not say anything at all? ... I'm not that smart ... there's a book out there called The Book of Mary ... fact or fiction, it is contemporaneous with the Four Gospels in Canon ... Mary was not perfect, far from it ... unsuited for the nunnery and was married off to a local widower ... at least that's what this book says ... The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden, World Publishing Inc. ... things that escaped Catholic censorship early on ...
I had nuns for teachers in 1st and 2nd grade. Being unfit to be a nun is a plus in my book.

I have no special dispensation from God, and I'm the humblest guy I know.
I have no special dispensation from God, and I'm the humblest guy I know.
I claim no gifts and am only sortof humble, I guess - whatever that is ... except honoring the religion of antiquity to triumph over evil - if a gift then well received.

EVERY believing Christian has at least one spiritual gift. That is biblical. (1 Corinthians 7:7, 1 Peter 4, 1 Cor 12:7, Romans 12:4-5, etc.)

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all..." (1 Cor 12:7)
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another; as good stewards of God’s varied grace." (1 Peter 4:10)

How is it honoring to God to claim that God didn't give you a spiritual gift? You can say that you don't know what your gift is, but to claim that God did not give you any gifts is simply not true, it's unbiblical and it inadvertently dishonors God.

As for humility, I'm going to paste an excerpt from the excellent book, "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.

The way we continually talk about our own inabilities is an insult to our Creator. To complain over our incompetence is to accuse God falsely of having overlooked us. Get into the habit of examining from God’s perspective those things that sound so humble to men. You will be amazed at how unbelievably inappropriate and disrespectful they are to Him. We say things such as, “Oh, I shouldn’t claim to be sanctified; I’m not a saint.” But to say that before God means, “No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are opportunities I have not had and so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn’t possible.” That may sound wonderfully humble to others, but before God it is an attitude of defiance.​
Conversely, the things that sound humble before God may sound exactly the opposite to people. To say, “Thank God, I know I am saved and sanctified,” is in God’s eyes the purest expression of humility. It means you have so completely surrendered yourself to God that you know He is true. Never worry about whether what you say sounds humble before others or not. But always be humble before God, and allow Him to be your all in all.​
There is only one relationship that really matters, and that is your personal relationship to your personal Redeemer and Lord. If you maintain that at all costs, letting everything else go, God will fulfill His purpose through your life. One individual life may be of priceless value to God’s purposes, and yours may be that life.​

EVERY believing Christian has at least one spiritual gift. That is biblical. (1 Corinthians 7:7, 1 Peter 4, 1 Cor 12:7, Romans 12:4-5, etc.)

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all..." (1 Cor 12:7)
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another; as good stewards of God’s varied grace." (1 Peter 4:10)

How is it honoring to God to claim that God didn't give you a spiritual gift? You can say that you don't know what your gift is, but to claim that God did not give you any gifts is simply not true, it's unbiblical and it inadvertently dishonors God.

As for humility, I'm going to paste an excerpt from the excellent book, "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.

The way we continually talk about our own inabilities is an insult to our Creator. To complain over our incompetence is to accuse God falsely of having overlooked us. Get into the habit of examining from God’s perspective those things that sound so humble to men. You will be amazed at how unbelievably inappropriate and disrespectful they are to Him. We say things such as, “Oh, I shouldn’t claim to be sanctified; I’m not a saint.” But to say that before God means, “No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are opportunities I have not had and so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn’t possible.” That may sound wonderfully humble to others, but before God it is an attitude of defiance.​
Conversely, the things that sound humble before God may sound exactly the opposite to people. To say, “Thank God, I know I am saved and sanctified,” is in God’s eyes the purest expression of humility. It means you have so completely surrendered yourself to God that you know He is true. Never worry about whether what you say sounds humble before others or not. But always be humble before God, and allow Him to be your all in all.​
There is only one relationship that really matters, and that is your personal relationship to your personal Redeemer and Lord. If you maintain that at all costs, letting everything else go, God will fulfill His purpose through your life. One individual life may be of priceless value to God’s purposes, and yours may be that life.​
you are a fraud butter, to be a christian is the same as giving up any gift to find your own way substituted instead for a book of forgeries and fallacies ...

* believing is a choice not a spiritual gift.

you are a fraud butter, to be a christian is the same as giving up any gift to find your own way substituted instead for a book of forgeries and fallacies ...

Just curious ... which Spiritual Gift does one find all on their own? ... are we going off into "secret knowledge' land or original thought land? ... these make great plot devices in fanciful tales, but in reality these things don't exist to any degree ... even Einstein relied on Maxwell's work, who in turn relied on Faraday's work, who in turn relied on Davy's work ... etc etc etc ...

Just curious ... which Spiritual Gift does one find all on their own? ... are we going off into "secret knowledge' land or original thought land? ... these make great plot devices in fanciful tales, but in reality these things don't exist to any degree ... even Einstein relied on Maxwell's work, who in turn relied on Faraday's work, who in turn relied on Davy's work ... etc etc etc ...
- to be a christian is the same as giving up any gift to find your own way substituted instead for a book of forgeries and fallacies ...
Just curious ... which Spiritual Gift does one find all on their own?
not finding the gift - using the gift to find what the gift was given for ... would that be to read a 4th century book to find your way - is a gift.

I don't believe in a spirit, especially seeing what a brain injury can do to a person's personality. So without that belief, it comes off like kids playing barbie or g.I. Joe when I see folks postulating over these imaginary things.

not finding the gift - using the gift to find what the gift was given for ... would that be to read a 4th century book to find your way - is a gift.

That doesn't make any sense ... do you know what a Spiritual Gift is? ... say for example the Spiritual Gift of wisdom ... what does it mean to you when we say someone is "wise" ...

For the record ... King James ruled in the early 17th Century AD ... not the 4th Century ...

I don't believe in a spirit, especially seeing what a brain injury can do to a person's personality. So without that belief, it comes off like kids playing barbie or g.I. Joe when I see folks postulating over these imaginary things.

Profoundly true ... if you don't believe "In the beginning. God created Heaven and Earth" ... don't bother reading the Bible, none of it will make any sense to you ...

That doesn't make any sense ... do you know what a Spiritual Gift is? ... say for example the Spiritual Gift of wisdom ... what does it mean to you when we say someone is "wise" ...

For the record ... King James ruled in the early 17th Century AD ... not the 4th Century ...

the christian bible was written in the 4th century ...

you did not answer the question -
- would that be to read a 4th century book to find your way - is a gift.
what use is a spiritual gift to you if you rely on a book to find your way.

wisdom is not a gift.

That is a good observation. I happen to disagree with it. When someone is paralyzed, the limb is still there, it just doesn't work like it used to. I think the same is true of the brain.

Several of my family had Alzheimer's, so speaking of a brain that didn't work as it used to...still, in all three relatives, there was still spirit even despite changes in personality. Hard to describe, hard to explain, but our brain doesn't seem to be the end all and be all. There is something else there.

Profoundly true ... if you don't believe "In the beginning. God created Heaven and Earth" ... don't bother reading the Bible, none of it will make any sense to you ...
I've still read it. Its not a bad book.

wisdom is not a gift.
Then why are you participating in a thread dedicated to the gift of wisdom? ...
wisdom is not a gift ... the gift is an ability to acquiring wisdom over time.

you have not answered the previous question -
what use is a spiritual gift for you to find your way if you rely on a book for that purpose.

the reason not to read that book is the wisdom of knowing what is being read.

Forum List

Back