Do You Have a Favorite Book of the Bible?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
And why?

I have read the Bible a few times through, and some books multiple times. Naming the "challenging" books is easy for me. I would be hard-pressed to pick ONE favorite though. A few favorites would be Psalms, Proverbs, the Gospels, Acts, Esther and Song of Solomon (beautiful romantic poetry!)

How about you?

Right now I am listening to the Book of John on audio and I really like it. But my favorite is probably Revelation, because it is so mind bending.

The Angel of the bottomless pit, and the creatures of the pit, blow me away, they are evil to the max. And in opposition to that there is an angel in the sky preaching the Gospel.

Its wild, and the whole book is incredible.

Right now I am listening to the Book of John on audio and I really like it. But my favorite is probably Revelation, because it is so mind bending.

The Angel of the bottomless pit, and the creatures of the pit, blow me away, they are evil to the max. And in opposition to that there is an angel in the sky preaching the Gospel.

Its wild, and the whole book is incredible.

Agree, I almost listed Revelation too. The imagery is vivid

I like Job and Isaiah; Isaiah is actually almost three books in one, but it is the most interesting to me. The books of Acts and John are my second favorites.

I like Job and Isaiah; Isaiah is actually almost three books in one, but it is the most interesting to me. The books of Acts and John are my second favorites.

Oh yes, Job! Job is fantastic. Ah, should have included that too. Isaiah is also great, but I think I prefer Job.

Acts has a lot of, well "action" and great condensed sermons

I like Proverbs. It's full of good advice in a straight forward way. Among the Gospels, which each have a different emphasis, my favorite is John. The relationship between God the Son and God the Father is expressed in a way that helps me ponder it more deeply and curiously helps in understanding of the other Gospels.

Oh yes, Job! Job is fantastic. Ah, should have included that too. Isaiah is also great, but I think I prefer Job.

Acts has a lot of, well "action" and great condensed sermons

Job is fantastic...

God let's Satan make Job's life a living hell, and after 42 chapters of his wife and friends mocking him for asking "Why me?" God shows up and says, "Because I'm God, Bitches!!!"

God kind of comes off like a Batman Villain in that one...

I like Proverbs. It's full of good advice in a straight forward way. Among the Gospels, which each have a different emphasis, my favorite is John. The relationship between God the Son and God the Father is expressed in a way that helps me ponder it more deeply and curiously helps in understanding of the other Gospels.

I love Proverbs (as you see in the OP) and it's funny. No one wants to be or have that naggy wife that would cause you to go sit up on the corner of your roof.

Or the sluggard. That poor sluggard gets a lot of ink in Proverbs....heh

Job is fantastic...

God let's Satan make Job's life a living hell, and after 42 chapters of his wife and friends mocking him for asking "Why me?" God shows up and says, "Because I'm God, Bitches!!!"

God kind of comes off like a Batman Villain in that one...

lol moron.

I love Proverbs (as you see in the OP) and it's funny. No one wants to be or have that naggy wife that would cause you to go sit up on the corner of your roof.

Or the sluggard. That poor sluggard gets a lot of ink in Proverbs....heh
Yep. And dog vomit.... LOL

And why?

I have read the Bible a few times through, and some books multiple times. Naming the "challenging" books is easy for me. I would be hard-pressed to pick ONE favorite though. A few favorites would be Psalms, Proverbs, the Gospels, Acts, Esther and Song of Solomon (beautiful romantic poetry!)

How about you?

Forum List

Back