Zone1 Do you get a lot of misogyny when you ditch MARY in your religion?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
It seems this is so. The Protestants overall seem more misogynistic than Catholics, although I normally don't like to overly-generalize. I am basing this view on my own experiences.

I've had issues with both Protestant and Catholic people, both "faith communities" so don't think for a moment that I am always in the Catholics' "camp" because I am not. If anyone has reason to leave the CC, it is yours truly. But I don't ditch the whole thing like tossing out the baby w/ the bathwater..

In any case, I read a book written by an exorcist and he says that while they are praying the rosary over thedemon possessed.. Mary eventually appears and that is when the demon goes back to Hell

so that's interesting. I have also found Mary to be helpful in .. lesser situations, shall we say.

she is our loving Mother (given to us through Jesus who gave her to St John right before He died on the Cross)

Women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

{shrugs shoulders} ... that is what it says in the Bible ...

• Banned
Women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

{shrugs shoulders} ... that is what it says in the Bible ...
Catholics don't go by sola scriptura, Bible alone. Even so, women should not have authority over men in matters pertaining to.. well, certain things. You have to admit most men HATE when a woman excercises authority over them, which may or may not mean much of anything because both genders can be prideful, both are prone to great sin. In any case, in the Old T days, the king always had a queen at his side and it was HIS MOTHER, not wife

Catholics don't go by sola scriptura, Bible alone. Even so, women should not have authority over men in matters pertaining to.. well, certain things. You have to admit most men HATE when a woman excercises authority over them, which may or may not mean much of anything because both genders can be prideful, both are prone to great sin. In any case, in the Old T days, the king always had a queen at his side and it was HIS MOTHER, not wife

And the other argument is that Corinthians was written by Paul the Apostle, not God ... Catholics do go by the First Commandment ... right? ... we can't be putting some mortal man ahead of God in our worship ... or mortal woman ...

• Banned
Where is that practice supported in the Bible?
don't care. Catholics don't go by the Bible alone. The Bible is not complete, although the Mass is chock full of Scripture.

I don't care if praying to Mary is explicitly in the Bible bc praying to Mary helps me and that is all I need to know

And the other argument is that Corinthians was written by Paul the Apostle, not God ... Catholics do go by the First Commandment ... right? ... we can't be putting some mortal man ahead of God in our worship ... or mortal woman ...
Mary was created w/o original sin but most of all

She is in Heaven. To pray to someone in Heaven is to be connected with Heaven (which is a good thing bc hopefully someday we weill be there... although most people end up in Hell)

She is in Heaven. To pray to someone in Heaven is to be connected with Heaven (which is a good thing bc hopefully someday we weill be there... although most people end up in Hell)
1. She was not w/o original sin.
2. She had normal relations with Joseph and produced children.
3. She is human, which means she doesn't have the ability to hear prayers from millions of people.

You can add stuff to the Scriptures, but just like calling a dog's tail a leg doesn't give the dog 5 legs, it's not authoritative.

This is why Catholics prohibits lay ministries ... you don't seem well educated in theology ... I think it's best you believe as you will and let the priesthood do the teaching ... be careful lest you place Mary before God ...

Why pray to her when you have direct access to the Father Himself?
Ask God that. I don't know a lot about God and why He allows all the evil and suffering in the world, etc.

But I do understand Mary and her role in helping her Son save us

That I understand :)

3. She is human, which means she doesn't have the ability to hear prayers from millions of people.

You can add stuff to the Scriptures, but just like calling a dog's tail a leg doesn't give the dog 5 legs, it's not authoritative.
wrong but people believe what they want to believe and disregard the rest

This is why Catholics prohibits lay ministries ... you don't seem well educated in theology ... I think it's best you believe as you will and let the priesthood do the teaching ... be careful lest you place Mary before God ...
But I am supposed to follow some yahoo on the internet who instructs me to ditch Mary because he does?

ha ha..

hypocritical

Where is a married couple having sex and producing children labeled as sinful in the Bible?

Genesis 1:28

New International Version

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Where is a married couple having sex and producing children labeled as sinful in the Bible?

Genesis 1:28​

New International Version​

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
It's not sinful, and I didn't intend to say it was. I've heard the idea that Mary was a virgin her entire life and didn't actually have sex with Joseph, so was getting it out of the way.

Heck, married sex should be the hottest on the planet. There should be no barriers between a husband and wife.

Forum List

Back