Zone1 Do you get a lot of misogyny when you ditch MARY in your religion?

I can do both

believe it or not
Why bother with an intermediary? Do you think that the Father needs some help because He can't handle the load? In fact, you don't need priests to confess to either. Again, straight to the Father and Jesus intercedes for us. I mean, this is all Bible 101.

Ask God that. I don't know a lot about God and why He allows all the evil and suffering in the world, etc.

But I do understand Mary and her role in helping her Son save us

That I understand :)
Now why do you think Jesus needs help to save us? He stated on the cross that "It is finished", and He wasn't talking about a conversation. He did everything needed for salvation, there's nothing else to add.

don't care. Catholics don't go by the Bible alone. The Bible is not complete, although the Mass is chock full of Scripture.

I don't care if praying to Mary is explicitly in the Bible bc praying to Mary helps me and that is all I need to know
"I don't care", well, it doesn't get more clearer than this.

Thank you for your honesty.

It's not sinful, and I didn't intend to say it was. I've heard the idea that Mary was a virgin her entire life and didn't actually have sex with Joseph, so was getting it out of the way.

Heck, married sex should be the hottest on the planet. There should be no barriers between a husband and wife.
Where in the Bible does it say to pray to the Virgin Mary? I will accept that she is blessed but I am a Protestant and I do not pray to her. I own no rosary beads.

Where in the Bible does it say to pray to the Virgin Mary? I will accept that she is blessed but I am a Protestant and I do not pray to her. I own no rosary beads.
That is my point, this whole Mary worship thing is useless. She's not listening.

Where is a married couple having sex and producing children labeled as sinful in the Bible?

Genesis 1:28​

New International Version​

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Jesus was/is holy

Mary had to be also

"I don't care", well, it doesn't get more clearer than this.

Thank you for your honesty.
And therein lies the Catholic Church's problem when they claim to be Christians. They literally ignore what Jesus said, substitute their own traditions, then claim to be Christ followers.

Might as well claim to follow Martin Luther King while totally ignoring his most famous quote.

Jesus was/is holy

Mary had to be also
Not so. King David was a man after God's own heart. He was also a murderer and had so much blood on his hands that God wouldn't let him build the temple. The point being that God uses imperfect people to do perfect works.

Jesus specifically said that "no man cometh to The Father, but through me."

But, you don't care, so nevermind.
So Jesus spent 9 months in Mary's womb but now she is nothing to Him or to us

ok, whatever

you will notice I never said anything in contradiction to the Scripture you quoted.

But that never stops the anti-Catholics, I know.

Did I ever say that I ditched praying to Jesus in order to pray to his mother ONLY? Did I say that?

Don't assume facts not in evidence

And therein lies the Catholic Church's problem when they claim to be Christians. They literally ignore what Jesus said, substitute their own traditions, then claim to be Christ followers.

Might as well claim to follow Martin Luther King while totally ignoring his most famous quote.
I know more about Catholics and the Church than you will ever know (unless you are 20 or thereabouts and can do some serious catch-up?)

I know both the good and the bad therein. You do not. Only Catholics know the Catholic Church.

But you will sit there and tell me or imply that you know more. Presumptuous..

ok, whatever

you will notice I never said anything in contradiction to the Scripture you quoted.

Did I ever say that I ditched praying to Jesus in order to pray to his mother ONLY? Did I say that?

I need you to address that quote from Scripture I just posted.

How do you go against it?

It's a red letter quote.

I know more about Catholics and the Church than you will ever know (unless you are 20 or thereabouts and can do some serious catch-up?)

I know both the good and the bad therein. You do not. Only Catholics know the Catholic Church.

But you will sit there and tell me or imply that you know more. Presumptuous..
Okay, which of my statements is wrong? Do Catholics add to what Jesus said? Do they ignore what He said about going directly to the Father and substitute human priests to whom they confess? What exactly did I say that was incorrect? Since you know the Catholic Church so well and all?

ok, whatever

What did Jesus say about His mother that leads you to believe she was divine? Naturally, He had close relationships with His mother and His disciples, but how does that confer divinity on any of them that they would be equipped and tasked to hear prayers from millions of people? Do you somehow think that the Father can't handle the workload?

Why bother with an intermediary? Do you think that the Father needs some help because He can't handle the load? In fact, you don't need priests to confess to either. Again, straight to the Father and Jesus intercedes for us. I mean, this is all Bible 101.
as if I have not done that?

I know just about every way there is to pray. God gave us Mary for a reason. I don't know all that God had in mind or why he set things up as he did in His Church. All I know (again) is that praying to Mary helps me. And if you think i am going to give up something that does me much good and helps me to feel close to God.. you are the one who is wrong

ok, whatever

You do what you think is right. I don’t see praying to Mary as a deal breaker in making it to heaven. I personally see it and praying to a statue of Mary as not something I would ever do but that is just my views and Protestant background.

You do what you think is right. I don’t see praying to Mary as a deal breaker in making it to heaven. I personally see it and praying to a statue of Mary as not something I would ever do but that is just my views and Protestant background.
I never said anything about praying to a statue. Statues help us to think of Mary so I am not against them. i am against thecorruption in the Church.. how the novus ordo Church is supporting illegals, helping them, even as they preach that we should obey al man's laws.. (well, they don' even do that much anymore but it is implied that you obey the laws)

So anyhow I am against corruption in the Church... un-Christian attitude of some priests and etc... but I will not reject something like praying to Mary bc again, it helps me and I need all the help I can get

Forum List

Back