Do you find this photo offensive ?

This ripoff of U.S. Marines planting Old Glory on Iwo Jima was actually staged and photo taken ten years ago. However with the recent SCOTUS decision, it's been all over the internet.

As a veteran ... No it doesn't.
You can copy greatness, or parody it ... But there is no way in Hell it will ever mean the same thing.

Never really thought of it that way. Learn something new to muse on, every day here.

This ripoff of U.S. Marines planting Old Glory on Iwo Jima was actually staged and photo taken ten years ago. However with the recent SCOTUS decision, it's been all over the internet.

I find it offensive to mess with such an iconic moment in the history of the U.S.

AND YES I AM AWARE THE ICONIC ROSENTHAL PHOTO ITSELF IS A REENACTMENT FROM AN EARLIER FLAG RAISING.

Of course not. It's using an icon as a model. Been done since the beginning of time.
There's simply no way to make a case that it's "offensive". Nor "disrespectful".

Is this photo offensive? Because it's exactly the same device:

d8074ba3cfba11d5e76ed24a7ac6d624.jpg

I find it offensive to mess with such an iconic moment in the history of the U.S.

AND YES I AM AWARE THE ICONIC ROSENTHAL PHOTO ITSELF IS A REENACTMENT FROM AN EARLIER FLAG RAISING.

We are supposed to be okay with thiis but UnderArmor was pressured into getting rid of theirs

We are supposed to be okay with thiis but UnderArmor was pressured into getting rid of theirs
tmp_26404-1254910738734415536876032203.jpg

do not force feed anything into my digestive system...

do not make love your shit!

Of course not. It's using an icon as a model. Been done since the beginning of time.
There's simply no way to make a case that it's "offensive". Nor "disrespectful".

Beatle's vs Iwo Jima?

No comparison...

4 Rockers vs 4 Hero's?

You're too stupid...

Apples and oranges, Pogo.

How?
The second is photoshopped while the first is staged, and one makes a joke while the other makes an inspirational statement --- but both use the same principle.
Neither needs a reference to the original -- that's already known. Without that reference, neither photo would have meaning.

Does the 2nd photo "disrespect" the Beatles? Does it make some kind of statement about Abbey Road?
No, of course not. And neither does the other.

Beatle's vs Iwo Jima?

No comparison...

4 Rockers vs 4 Hero's?

You're too stupid...

You completely failed to address the point at all.
And btw try to learn how apostrophes work before you hand out "stupid". Doesn't look like you have any you're not already using.

What filth.

I believe in the male/female family and that is the only that that is nature. Fuck anything else.

Cars aren't natural... you gonna give up your car now that unnatural is just not your sort of thing?

Forum List

Back