Do you find this photo offensive ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This ripoff of U.S. Marines planting Old Glory on Iwo Jima was actually staged and photo taken ten years ago. However with the recent SCOTUS decision, it's been all over the internet.

I find it offensive to mess with such an iconic moment in the history of the U.S.

AND YES I AM AWARE THE ICONIC ROSENTHAL PHOTO ITSELF IS A REENACTMENT FROM AN EARLIER FLAG RAISING.

No...

I find it typical for the society we live in today and remind me more of a Seth MacFarlane type of skit.

If you do find it offensive, they own you.

But then, you fools are constantly looking for some reason to get all offended and junk.

It's a picture that's meant to shock people. There are millions of those. Get over it.

Plus it was taken 10 years ago after the Christian right had swept republicans back into power after they ran on a platform that appealed to evangelicals and their hatred of gays.

Last edited:
It's disrespectful, but that's par for the course when it comes to progressive America.

It's a picture that's meant to shock people. There are millions of those. Get over it.

Plus it was taken 10 years ago after the Christian right had swept republicans back into power after they ran on a platform that appealed to evangelicals and they're hatred of gays.
Damn. A seriously sober post from you.

I'll drink to that. :beer:

No...

I find it typical for the society we live in today and remind me more of a Seth MacFarlane type of skit.

Certainly not the first time an iconic moment was parodied, or altered. This is one though, I think they should leave alone.
I can't understand why the fat gheys are not represented...

Well you're here now.
But I'm not fat...I'm big boned...now you know what they meant by a hung jury....

This ripoff of U.S. Marines planting Old Glory on Iwo Jima was actually staged and photo taken ten years ago. However with the recent SCOTUS decision, it's been all over the internet.

I find it offensive to mess with such an iconic moment in the history of the U.S.

AND YES I AM AWARE THE ICONIC ROSENTHAL PHOTO ITSELF IS A REENACTMENT FROM AN EARLIER FLAG RAISING.

Yes

Forum List

Back