Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

It's not specifically the "good behaviour" that I expect to be rewarded, loyalty and Faith maybe that what is in ones heart is known to God. It's moreso the evil deeds and those who bear false witness that I would expect to be prevented from success.
Sadly there is suffering and injustice in this World. Most people here do not understand your situation and will be judgmental of you.

Nevertheless, blaming G-d and blasphemy are among worst sins possible.

I am not talking about his domestic violence situation only; he says he has been a victim since birth. That mindset must only lead to more victimization. Yes?
I do not think anyone in his situation can think clearly. He is being abused and Canadian laws are on the side of abuser.

Sadly there is suffering and injustice in this World. Most people here do not understand your situation and will be judgmental of you.

Nevertheless, blaming G-d and blasphemy are among worst sins possible.
I'm not blaming God, I have simply never been protected even though my Faith is strong. The truth is always manipulated and I constantly bear the costs. Read the Book of Job, it's frighteningly accurate as to the general experiences in my life. No one can continually suffer with a smile on their face.

I'm not blaming God, I have simply never been protected even though my Faith is strong. The truth is always manipulated and I constantly bear the costs. Read the Book of Job, it's frighteningly accurate as to the general experiences in my life. No one can continually suffer with a smile on their face.
Right now you must escape from your situation. I can emotionally support you, but I can not give any legal or other advice.

Right now you must escape from your situation. I can emotionally support you, but I can not give any legal or other advice.
Easier said than done. I raised this premise with others while I was going through the abuse and a lady who is experienced in these matters echoed my statement. Picking up and lesving, especially one you took vows with while hundreds of miles.away from family is very difficult

Last edited:
Easier said than done. I raised this premier with others while I was going through the abuse and a lady who is experienced in these matters echoed my statement. Picking up and lesving, especially one you took vows with while hundreds of miles.away from family is very difficult
Indeed, leaving abuse is difficult and you need a lot of support. You do not owe your abuser anything.

Indeed, leaving abuse is difficult and you need a lot of support. You do not owe your abuser anything.
It's very complicated. It's so complicated that I've prayed to God and relied on his guidance. Here I am, decades of trying to find peace without success. I thought my little dream had been found but it was the beginning of another nightmare.

Are you covered in open sores? So bad the dogs come and lick them?

That's where Job was. I'm sorry but your attitude is very negative and defeatest and that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Are you covered in open sores? So bad the dogs come and lick them?

That's where Job was. I'm sorry but your attitude is very negative and defeatest and that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I've had the sores a long time ago. They seem to never heal. The negativity is the reflection of my reality. When you've never truly had independence and self determination you would understand.

I've had the sores a long time ago. They seem to never heal. The negativity is the reflection of my reality. When you've never truly had independence and self determination you would understand.
You need to escape your situation and find a good therapist. I take 75 mg Effexor per day.

You need to escape your situation and find a good therapist. I take 75 mg Effexor per day.
Therapy doesn't help alter years of abuse and now the situation I have been placed in after doing what I tried to avoid for just this resson, I don't trust the system.

Last edited:
Therapy doesn't help alter years of abuse and now the situation I have been placed in after doing what I tried to avoid for just this resson, I don't trust the system.
I have a friend who taught me, "You don't get what you deserve, or even what you ask for. You get what you negotiate for."

Keep in mind Jesus taught it does no good to clean demons out and then leave the room empty for another or more demons to enter. It is not a matter of getting rid of a bad habit/bad behavior, it must be replaced with something else.

For example, instead of striking you, she might slam a book to the floor. Figure out a bad habit of yours your spouse would like to see changed. Say you will give that up and replace it with doing the dishes (just an example).

If nothing else seems to work for you, and if you haven't tried negotiation, perhaps it would be worth trying...a step in the right direction that might start the both of you on a new path?

For example, instead of striking you, she might slam a book to the floor. Figure out a bad habit of yours your spouse would like to see changed. Say you will give that up and replace it with doing the dishes (just an example).
NO! Trying to negotiate with an abuser will make them more abusive. Escape is the only way.

If any gods exist I have absolutely no expectations of them therefore I can never be betrayed by them.

What if Tanakh (Old Testament) is correct? Tanakh is believed by 4 billion people -- Jews, Muslims, Christians.

Atheists put their Afterlife into tremendous risk. According to Judaism, the penalty is not eternal.

NO! Trying to negotiate with an abuser will make them more abusive. Escape is the only way.
Excuse me...but I am taking him at his word that there is either no escape or for some reason he feels he must remain where he is. If you can convince him to escape, more power to you. The solution I offered was not 'an instead of' it was a 'here's something you can try if you must--or insist upon--staying'. And I stand by it.

Excuse me...but I am taking him at his word that there is either no escape or for some reason he feels he must remain where he is. If you can convince him to escape, more power to you. The solution I offered was not 'an instead of' it was a 'here's something you can try if you must--or insist upon--staying'. And I stand by it.

You're a good person.

Forum List

Back