Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

No.

Because they do.

I have linked to articles that support my claims that people leave unique patterns on their own physiology but you want to ignore those.

You have nothing to even partially back up your claims.
So you can use an SEM to see it, right?

You have nothing to even partially back up your claims.
Again... science can't examine something that is not material. Souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation of material evidence for the incorporeal.

So you can use an SEM to see it, right?
Show mw here an electron microscope has capture the image of 2 separate electrons with enough detail to compare than at the absolute smallest lengths.

Again... science can't examine something that is not material. Souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation material evidence of the incorporeal.

If that non material thing interacts with matter then it will be detectable. Laws of Physics. The soul must interact with the body. The body is matter in this world therefore we should be able to detect it.

If that non material thing interacts with matter then it will be detectable. Laws of Physics. The soul must interact with the body. The body is matter in this world therefore we should be able to detect it.
How exactly does a non material thing interact with matter?

Just to be clear you do not believe there are actual marks or changes made to atoms, right?
I said there are patterns left on them as a result of the unique changes that happen to an individual's physiology.

Those patterns might be physical differences in the actual subatomic particles or vibrational changes at the quantum level or something altogether different. We already know that no 2 atoms of any element are equivalent in every way.

None of these violate the laws of physics as your idea does.

How exactly does a non material thing interact with matter?

How does the soul interact with the body? You're the one who says we have a soul and you can "feel" it so it must be interacting with your body.

It's up to you to prove your own assertions not me.

I said there are patterns left on them as a result of the unique changes that happen to an individual's physiology.

Those patterns might be physical differences in the actual subatomic particles or vibrational changes at the quantum level or something altogether different. We already know that no 2 atoms of any element are equivalent in every way.

None of these violate the laws of physics as your idea does.
So it's not an analogy then? You really do believe that marks are left on atoms.

How does the soul interact with the body? You're the one who says we have a soul and you can "feel" it so it must be interacting with your body.

It's up to you to prove your own assertions not me.
I don't believe my soul does interact with my body. My soul is incorporeal. My body is corporeal.

The soul must interact with the body.
Why must the soul interact with the body? I don't believe it does. Like I said before, souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation of material evidence for the incorporeal.

Blues Man if the soul interacts with the body - which I don't believe it does - all that could be examined is the body. There would be no way to distinguish anything but the body. There would be no way to make a connection to the soul because the soul could not be examined because it is not material. It's very much like your consciousness in that regard. Your consciousness - who you are - is the sum of all your parts. It does not reside in one place. It cannot be examined. No one but you can be conscious of your consciousness.

So it's not an analogy then? You really do believe that marks are left on atoms.
Patterns. Small differences unique to the person's physiology.

So you really believe that some immortal soul made of spirit which can't interact with matter somehow interacts with the matter in your body and makes you who you are>?

Blues Man if the soul interacts with the body - which I don't believe it does - all that could be examined is the body. There would be no way to distinguish anything but the body. There would be no way to make a connection to the soul because the soul could not be examined because it is not material. It's very much like your consciousness in that regard. Your consciousness - who you are - is the sum of all your parts. It does not reside in one place. It cannot be examined. No one but you can be conscious of your consciousness.
If the soul makes you who you are then it must interact with the body or are you saying the soul is just a blob of spirit residing in your body for absolutely no reason?

Consciousness is a manifestation of the brain it doesn't come from some mystical realm.

No brain no consciousness.

The laws of physics do not apply to the incorporeal. The laws of physics only apply to material things.
And the soul has to interact with the body if it is what makes a person a person.

The soul is the animating force for the body is it not?

So if the soul is incapable of interacting with the body it cannot be the animating force, it cannot be what makes you you.

Why must the soul interact with the body? I don't believe it does. Like I said before, souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation of material evidence for the incorporeal.
Then the soul has no purpose.

If it can't interact with your body, your brain, then how can it convey the information that makes you who you are? If it can't interact with the body how can it be the animating force of the spark of life that people believe it to be?

The soul must be able to at the very minimum receive and store the information that makes you who you are so that upon death it can carry that information to the spirit world you say exists somewhere to do that it must interact with the matter that makes up your body.

The Catholic Church states:

A soul is a form that makes a living thing the kind of living thing it is—a plant, an animal, a human person. It’s “the organizational pattern or form of all the parts and all the parts of all the parts,” coordinating the matter to be the kind of living thing it is. The soul of a plant informs and makes the plant’s matter that of a plant. The soul of a lion informs and makes the lion’s matter that of a lion. The soul of a human being informs and makes the human’s matter that of a human being.

. Aquinas follows Aristotle on this (ST I:76:1). The Catechism even adopts this explanation, enshrining it in official Catholic teaching:

The unity of soul and body is so profound that one has to consider the soul to be the “form” of the body: i.e., it is because of its spiritual soul that the body made of matter becomes a living, human body (365).

It seems to me that the Catholic church believes the soul interacts with the matter of the body.

Last edited:
Patterns. Small differences unique to the person's physiology.

So you really believe that some immortal soul made of spirit which can't interact with matter somehow interacts with the matter in your body and makes you who you are>?
Which you claim materially changes atoms but can’t prove.

No. I believe everything is mind stuff. That mind created a physical universe.

Forum List

Back