Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

There are no contradictions. There are only you trying to tell me what I must believe. So the contradictions are of your making.
IDGAF what you believe. It's a litany of contradictions, not in line with Christianity or with the laws of physics and solely depends on some kind of magical realm

The soul can't interact with the body but the soul gathers information from the body and imparts information to the body

That about sums it up

Sure I have.

The same way your atoms get tool marks. Because that’s your version of a soul so you could remove God.
Once again you accuse me of misstatements and yet you repeat the same one over and over.

So you're still the disingenuous lying sack of shit you have always been..

I'm not wasting anymore time on the likes of you.

I never said atoms have tool marks it was an ANALOGY
Tool marks. Patterns. Same thing. You are arguing that information about one’s experiences are being stored on or in atoms and passed down.

Sounds like you are describing a soul.

IDGAF what you believe. It's a litany of contradictions, not in line with Christianity or with the laws of physics and solely depends on some kind of magical realm

The soul can't interact with the body but the soul gathers information from the body and imparts information to the body

That about sums it up
Apparently you do GAF because here you still are misstating my beliefs.

Once again you accuse me of misstatements and yet you repeat the same one over and over.

So you're still the disingenuous lying sack of shit you have always been..

I'm not wasting anymore time on the likes of you.
You're upset.

It's a litany of contradictions, not in line with Christianity
How so?

The glossary at the back of the U.S. version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church defines “soul” as follows:

The spiritual principle of human beings. The soul is the subject of human consciousness and freedom; soul and body together form one unique human nature. Each human soul is individual and immortal, immediately created by God. The soul does not die with the body, from which it is separated by death, and with which it will be reunited in the final resurrection.
The human person, created in the image of God, is a being at once corporeal and spiritual. The biblical account expresses this reality in symbolic language when it affirms that “then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.” Man, whole and entire, is therefore willed by God.

In Sacred Scripture the term “soul” often refers to human life or the entire human person. But “soul” also refers to the innermost.aspect of man, that which is of greatest value in him, that by which he is most especially in God’s image: “Soul” signifies the spiritual principle in man.

The human body shares in the dignity of “the image of God”: it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit.

Man, though made of body and soul, is a unity. Through his very bodily condition he sums up in himself the elements of the material world. Through him they are thus brought to their highest perfection and can raise their voice in praise freely given to the Creator. For this reason man may not despise his bodily life. Rather he is obliged to regard his body as good and to hold it in honor since God has created it and will raise it up on the last day.

The unity of soul and body is so profound that one has to consider the soul to be the “form” of the body: i.e., it is because of its spiritual soul that the body made of matter becomes a living, human body; spirit and matter, in man, are not two natures united, but rather their union forms a single nature.

The Church teaches that every spiritual soul is created immediately by God—it is not “produced” by the parents—and also that it is immortal: It does not perish when it separates from the body at death, and it will be reunited with the body at the final Resurrection.

Sometimes the soul is distinguished from the spirit: St. Paul for instance prays that God may sanctify his people “wholly,” with “spirit and soul and body” kept sound and blameless at the Lord’s coming. The Church teaches that this distinction does not introduce a duality into the soul. “Spirit” signifies that from creation man is ordered to a supernatural end and that his soul can gratuitously be raised beyond all it deserves to communion with God.

The spiritual tradition of the Church also emphasizes the heart, in the biblical sense of the depths of one’s being, where the person decides for or against God. (CCC 362-368)

And you are contradicting the Catholic Church's definition of the soul right?
How so? I don't think I am. Can you tell me why you believe this?

Here is everything I have written on the soul in this thread:

I don't know if my soul or other souls are unchanging or not. I don't know that there is a repository - in the material sense - where souls are stored. I don't know that there are an infinite number of souls already created waiting to be born. I only know that I have a soul and my evidence for that is I can feel my soul.

A soul is not a material thing. The laws of physics don't apply to the incorporeal. Where as you claim atoms are marked. Atoms are material things, are subject to the laws of physics and can be examined with things like scanning electron microscopes.

Again... science can't examine something that is not material. Souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation of material evidence for the incorporeal.

I don't believe my soul does interact with my body. My soul is incorporeal. My body is corporeal.

Why must the soul interact with the body? I don't believe it does. Like I said before, souls are not material. Impressions left on atoms are material. So you should be able to provide material evidence whereas there is no expectation of material evidence for the incorporeal.

@Blues Man if the soul interacts with the body - which I don't believe it does - all that could be examined is the body. There would be no way to distinguish anything but the body. There would be no way to make a connection to the soul because the soul could not be examined because it is not material. It's very much like your consciousness in that regard. Your consciousness - who you are - is the sum of all your parts. It does not reside in one place. It cannot be examined. No one but you can be conscious of your consciousness.

Where did I say a soul makes you who you are? We have free will. The soul animates. The soul does not dictate or control any of our actions. Think of it as a ledger.

I addressed part of this in my last post. Animate does not mean control. Like I said it’s a ledger. The animation is a function of what you do. But at any point you can change your direction.

Again… the soul is like a ledger. How you have lived your life affects how the soul animates you. But you have free will so it doesn’t control you. At any time you can change directions. For good or bad.

Your soul is a ledger of the sum of your being.

The soul does not control your actions. Your actions determine the healthiness of your soul. The healthiness of your soul animates how you see and interact with others but does not control it. You have free will.

From the moment one is born to the moment one dies his or her story is being written. The soul records the spiritual journey and the body records the physical journey.

And where is your evidence of the immortal unchanging soul that everyone who has ever lived or will ever live receives?
Where is your evidence that there is a repository with an infinite number of these immortal unchanging souls that are to be given to people yet to be born?

there is no evidence for the duration of the spiritual content beyond the life span of the associated physiological being however generational continuity and evolutionary change is evidence an overlap does exist particularly parent to offspring if only while living and both the physiology and its spiritual content demonstrate voluntary change over time.

if only while living and both the physiology and its spiritual content demonstrate voluntary change over time.
Was is it that happens if physiology and its spiritual content demonstrate voluntary change over time?

I don't believe my soul does interact with my body. My soul is incorporeal. My body is corporeal.
The laws of physics do not apply to the incorporeal. The laws of physics only apply to material things.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that disappears when its spiritual content is removed. without its spirit physiology would be inert and cease to exist.

No brain no consciousness.

flora -

1638235999371.png

would disagree.

however generational continuity and evolutionary change is evidence an overlap does exist particularly parent to offspring if only while living
Evidence of what?

well, if you would include the full sentence it answers the question ... the present spiritual content influences the development of physiology into the future. evolution.

physiology and its spiritual content may be inseparable and either die together or an avenue for the spiritual content may exist to survive without its physical counterpart.
So physiology and its spiritual content may or may not be inseparable and either die together or don't die together. Which means physiological dies either way and the spiritual might or might not die.

well, if you would include the full sentence it answers the question ... the present spiritual content influences the development of physiology into the future. evolution.
You left out the "of" It makes a difference.

So what you are saying is that spiritual content makes the physical evolve?

So physiology and its spiritual content may or may not be inseparable and either die together or don't die together. Which means physiological dies either way and the spiritual might or might not die.

metaphysical physiology disappears ... that it was living may not be the correct overall distinction. more a conveyance.

Forum List

Back