Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

So that's a no. You have no proof or evidence.
And where is your evidence of the immortal unchanging soul that everyone who has ever lived or will ever live receives?
Where is your evidence that there is a repository with an infinite number of these immortal unchanging souls that are to be given to people yet to be born?

Last edited:
Spirit is not material.. Neither are tool marks on atoms.
I have many more examples.

For instance what we call muscle memory is really neural memory.

The attentive repetition of movements results in the neural pathways involved to become more efficient and better conductors of neural impulses.

I have played guitar for years and when learning chord fingerings at the beginning I slowly moved my fingers from one chord shape to another while paying attention to how each finger needed to move. After doing that thousands of times I no longer need to watch my fingers and can change chords with my eyes closed. The neural pathways that control those movements are actually better and faster than other neural pathways on my body.

So it it is actually true that a person can change the quality of his own neural pathways by making the neurons more efficient. Or to stick with the tool mark analogy the pathways become grooved.

We also know that a person's environment, lifestyle and diet as well as many other factors can directly affect the expression of genes and that even identical twins can have differences in the expressions of their genes not to mention that since no 2 atoms of an element are exactly alike that the molecules that make up DNA can never be exactly alike so while the chain of DNA's constituent molecules may be the same order in twins the DNA is not identical on the atomic, subatomic and quantum scales.

WHat are those differences in gene expression if they are not patterns resulting from the many factors of a person's life?

You are denying proven scientific facts in favor of a belie in the immortal unchanging soul of which there is absolutely no evidence. Buddhists knew that there is no soul or no self almost 500 years BCE. They just didn't have the science to explain it so they reverted to mysticism just like Christians do.

So it it is actually true that a person can change the quality of his own neural pathways by making the neurons more efficient. Or to stick with the tool mark analogy the pathways become grooved.

- you are referring to the unique, metaphysical spiritual content of a particular physiology representing all beings in existence that is an inseparable component for maintaining the formula for life.

a physiology without a spiritual content does not exist - laying inert on the surface of a planet.

And where is your evidence of the immortal unchanging soul that everyone who has ever lived or will ever live receives?

- you are referring to the unique, metaphysical spiritual content of a particular physiology representing all beings in existence that is an inseparable component for maintaining the formula for life.

a physiology without a spiritual content does not exist - laying inert on the surface of a planet.
No spirit needed.

These are all physical changes to the neural pathways.

Where is your evidence that there is a repository with an infinite number of these immortal unchanging souls that are to be given to people yet to be born?
I don't know if my soul or other souls are unchanging or not. I don't know that there is a repository - in the material sense - where souls are stored. I don't know that there are an infinite number of souls already created waiting to be born. I only know that I have a soul and my evidence for that is I can feel my soul.

I have many more examples.

For instance what we call muscle memory is really neural memory.

The attentive repetition of movements results in the neural pathways involved to become more efficient and better conductors of neural impulses.

I have played guitar for years and when learning chord fingerings at the beginning I slowly moved my fingers from one chord shape to another while paying attention to how each finger needed to move. After doing that thousands of times I no longer need to watch my fingers and can change chords with my eyes closed. The neural pathways that control those movements are actually better and faster than other neural pathways on my body.

We also know that a person's environment, lifestyle and diet as well as many other factors can directly affect the expression of genes and that even identical twins can have differences in the expressions of their genes not to mention that since no 2 atoms of an element are exactly alike that the molecules that make up DNA can never be exactly alike so while the chain of DNA's constituent molecules may be the same order in twins the DNA is not identical on the atomic, subatomic and quantum scales.

WHat are those differences in gene expression if they are not patterns resulting from the many factors of a person's life?

You are denying proven scientific facts in favor of a belie in the immortal unchanging soul of which there is absolutely no evidence. Buddhists knew that there is no soul or no self almost 500 years BCE. They just didn't have the science to explain it so they reverted to mysticism just like Christians do.
Still no evidence of tool marks on atoms. Have you tried using a scanning electron microscope?

I don't know if my soul or other souls are unchanging or not. I don't know that there is a repository - in the material sense - where souls are stored. I don't know that there are an infinite number of souls already created waiting to be born. I only know that I have a soul and my evidence for that is I can feel my soul.
So no proof

Still no evidence of tool marks on atoms. Have you tried using a scanning electron microscope?
Still no proof of the soul?

You ask me for the very thing you cannot supply.

You say the bible is not to be read literally but you seem to think that Buddhist texts are to be read literally.

You believe in the soul when the very laws of physics you refer to constantly cannot account for a soul.

And I have provided proof that you can alter your own neural pathways and the expression of your genes thereby changing them

Not other than I can feel its existence. Which is more than you have for "tool marks" on atoms.
You seem to enjoy being obtuse.

It was an analogy or don't you know what that is? I have provided evidence that a person can alter the structure of their own neural pathways. Those changes also change the actual neurons if the actual neurons change then the atoms in those neurons change.

A person can actually alter the expression of his own DNA thereby imprinting a different pattern on the cells of his own physiology that even an identical twin will not share.

But go ahead and keep denying proven scientific facts so you can believe in something that contradicts those facts.

Still no proof of the soul?

You ask me for the very thing you cannot supply.

You say the bible is not to be read literally but you seem to think that Buddhist texts are to be read literally.

You believe in the soul when the very laws of physics you refer to constantly cannot account for a soul.

And I have provided proof that you can alter your own neural pathways and the expression of your genes thereby changing them
Again... Not other than I can feel its existence. Which is more than you have for "tool marks" on atoms.

I never said the Bible is not to be read literally. Some parts are and some parts aren't. But I've explained that to you before.

A soul is not a material thing. The laws of physics don't apply to the incorporeal. Where as you claim atoms are marked. Atoms are material things, are subject to the laws of physics and can be examined with things like scanning electron microscopes.

You haven't provided material evidence that the atoms themselves are altered. So neural pathways and genes does not mean the very fabric of atoms are altered.

Have you ever thought about getting all that rubbish independently verified?
There is no God and I challenge you to show evidence there is. Yet you all know what he think, says and does like it's legislated. You people belong to a brain washed cult or something. Get a grip on yourselves.
If the Holy Scriptures is not validation enough........then you have a "personal problem". I can present to you the actual content of the scriptures, but I can't make you comprehend them due to some bigoted preconceived position. If you look at the scriptures in an honest, rational, logical method, You will read yourself into that one true church. ;)

You seem to enjoy being obtuse.

It was an analogy or don't you know what that is? I have provided evidence that a person can alter the structure of their own neural pathways. Those changes also change the actual neurons if the actual neurons change then the atoms in those neurons change.

A person can actually alter the expression of his own DNA thereby imprinting a different pattern on the cells of his own physiology that even an identical twin will not share.

But go ahead and keep denying proven scientific facts so you can believe in something that contradicts those facts.
I'm not being obtuse. So are you now changing your argument that atoms have tool marks? Because it seems that you are. Again... neural pathways and genes do not mean the very fabric of atoms are altered.

Again... Not other than I can feel its existence. Which is more than you have for "tool marks" on atoms.

I never said the Bible is not to be read literally. Some parts are and some parts aren't. But I've explained that to you before.

A soul is not a material thing. The laws of physics don't apply to the incorporeal. Where as you claim atoms are marked. Atoms are material things, are subject to the laws of physics and can be examined with things like scanning electron microscopes.

You haven't provided material evidence that the atoms themselves are altered. So neural pathways and genes does not mean the very fabric of atoms are altered.
I have provided more proof than you have.

I have linked to articles that support the science that a person can leave patterns in hos physiology that no other person can have.

We don't have the capability of imaging individual subatomic particles but the physics support my theory not yours.

There is no need to make up an imaginary realm where the laws of physics don't apply and if the soul has to interact with matter this world then it must also obey the laws of physics in this world.

So you just go ahead and believe in your made up world where you can justify your beliefs because they can't be proven if you need to.

I'm not being obtuse. So are you now changing your argument that atoms have tool marks? Because it seems that you are. Again... neural pathways and genes do not mean the very fabric of atoms are altered.
Look up the word analogy.

I have provided more proof than you have.

I have linked to articles that support the science that a person can leave patterns in hos physiology that no other person can have.

We don't have the capability of imaging individual subatomic particles but the physics support my theory not yours.

There is no need to make up an imaginary realm where the laws of physics don't apply and if the soul has to interact with matter this world then it must also obey the laws of physics in this world.

So you just go ahead and believe in your made up world where you can justify your beliefs because they can't be proven if you need to.

Here is what you originally said:

When your body dies your constituent atoms will be recycled into something else that is neither like nor unlike the form before.

Some say that your actions, patterns of behavior and thoughts leave impressions on your constituent atoms much like a tool leaves unique marks on an object or the barrel of a gun leaves rifling marks on a bullet and it is these small but unique patterns that are carried to the next being or object that will eventually incorporate what was once your physical body.
If this is true it should be able to be discovered as atoms are material things which can be examined. So you should be able to discover material evidence just like you could discover rifling marks on a barrel.

and since i see you are once again fabricating quotes and attributing them to me THIS is what I wrote

Some say that your actions, patterns of behavior and thoughts leave impressions on your constituent atoms much like a tool leaves unique marks on an object or the barrel of a gun leaves rifling marks on a bullet and it is these small but unique patterns that are carried to the next being

So you see my post actually was an ANALOGY that you just don't understand.

You can tell it's an ANALOGY because of the use of the word "like".

So you are recanting your claim that actions, patterns of behavior and thoughts leave impressions on your constituent atoms?
No.

Because they do.

I have linked to articles that support my claims that people leave unique patterns on their own physiology but you want to ignore those.

You have nothing to even partially back up your claims.

and since i see you are once again fabricating quotes and attributing them to me THIS is what I wrote

So you see my post actually was an ANALOGY that you just don't understand.

You can tell it's an ANALOGY because of the use of the word "like".
I used your direct quote.

You are changing your story from impressions are left on atoms to impressions aren't left on atoms.

Forum List

Back