Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

Why? What makes you think he is the one single god? What makes the bible fact vs the Quran or the Talmud?
I believe because I experienced the Holy Spirit. Jews and Christians believe in the same God. Muslims are deceived. Their God is a liar, the devil. That's what I believe and I'm totally satisfied with that.

Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?​

Yes.

Advent

Es treibt der Wind im Winterwalde
die Flockenherde wie ein Hirt
und manche Tanne ahnt wie balde
sie fromm und lichterheilig wird.
Und lauscht hinaus: den weißen Wegen
streckt sie die Zweige hin – bereit
und wehrt dem Wind und wächst entgegen
der einen Nacht der Herrlichkeit.

Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited:
I believe because I experienced the Holy Spirit. Jews and Christians believe in the same God. Muslims are deceived. Their God is a liar, the devil. That's what I believe and I'm totally satisfied with that.

As a matter of established historical fact, Muslims and Jews worship the same God, though their understanding of Him may differ. The same god that Christians worship, with even a different understanding than Jews or Muslims have of Him.

These three are called, collectively, the Abrahamic religions, because they all trace back to Abraham,. and they all worship the same God that was known to Abraham.

Do you know by what name Arabic-speaking Christians call God? Do you know by what name Arabic-speaking Jews call God? (Hint: It's the same name that Muslims use.)

That's just a different way to describe spirit or soul which you deny exists. You are just playing games with words.
No there is no soul no spirit the changes you leave in your constituent atoms is a physical thing because those atoms are physical things.

Then there's no tool marks on your atoms and you cannot be spiritual.
Of course there are.

You patterns of thought and behavior leave their marks on your constituent atoms much like water leaves its mark on stone over time.

What you call sprit is actually something physical. Those physical things represent your patterns of thought and behavior and those patterns will be incorporated into the next thing or life form that your constituent atoms will become a part of just as the patterns left by al the other things and life forms on your constituent atoms became part of you.

This is the connection between past present and future not some unchanging soul or mystical spirit.

Of course there are.

You patterns of thought and behavior leave their marks on your constituent atoms much like water leaves its mark on stone over time.

What you call sprit is actually something physical. Those physical things represent your patterns of thought and behavior and those patterns will be incorporated into the next thing or life form that your constituent atoms will become a part of just as the patterns left by al the other things and life forms on your constituent atoms became part of you.

This is the connection between past present and future not some unchanging soul or mystical spirit.
Can you prove your patterns of thought and behavior leave their marks on your constituent atoms?

Can you prove your patterns of thought and behavior leave their marks on your constituent atoms?
Can you prove there is an unchanging immortal soul for every person that ever lived and that there is a storehouse of unchanging immortal souls for everyone yet to live?

A forensic anthropologist can tell much about a person long dead by the wear patterns that person's lifetime of activities left on a his bones.

We do know that 2 atoms of the same element are not identical. There are many possible states. An atom of carbon that was part of a life form will be different than one that has never been incorporated into any living thing. An atom of carbon in your body will be different than one in another's body. These differences may be infinitesimally small but exist nonetheless.

We do know these things as fact. But we also do not have the capability to actually see an atom with enough detail to identify actual differences in electrons, protons, neutrons quarks etc. and most likely never will.

If asked which of these 2 scenarios is most likely; That there exists an unchanging immortal soul for everyone who has ever existed and who will ever exist or that a person leaves traces of his life pattern on his constituent atoms and those patterns then become part of the patterns of another living things then I choose the latter.

Occam's Razor

I am glad bluesman agreed that if one does not believe in spirits or souls that he cannot be spiritual.
But can believe in the interconnectedness of past present an future and that which you call spirit is actually physical.

Can you prove there is an unchanging immortal soul for every person that ever lived and that there is a storehouse of unchanging immortal souls for everyone yet to live?

A forensic anthropologist can tell much about a person long dead by the wear patterns that person's lifetime of activities left on a his bones.

We do know that 2 atoms of the same element are not identical. There are many possible states. An atom of carbon that was part of a life form will be different than one that has never been incorporated into any living thing. An atom of carbon in your body will be different than one in another's body. These differences may be infinitesimally small but exist nonetheless.

We do know these things as fact. But we also do not have the capability to actually see an atom with enough detail to identify actual differences in electrons, protons, neutrons quarks etc. and most likely never will.

If asked which of these 2 scenarios is most likely; That there exists an unchanging immortal soul for everyone who has ever existed and who will ever exist or that a person leaves traces of his life pattern on his constituent atoms and those patterns then become part of the patterns of another living things then I choose the latter.

Occam's Razor
So that's a no. You have no proof or evidence.

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.
There are basically only two religions . One is true , the others may contain truths but are false .
one is from THE GOD , the other comes from the god who has always desires to be as GOD and to be worshipped of men .
JESUS CHRIST ALONE is the only way to GOD . The truth is STILL absolute .
Yes there are many friendly buddists , many friendly atheists , many friendly muslims , many friendly hindus and so forth
and within those mindsets or religions will be found some truths . AND YET in none of them is found aboslute truth .
EVEN satan himself can quote truths . YET IN HIM is no truth . Go to the tree and behold the serpent and how it decieved .
For it is a liar and yet it still said a truth as well .
But the goal of the serpent was one thing . To cause disobediance unto GOD . GOD had told man what was good and what to do and what not to do .
The serpent being more crafty and more subtile said Has GOD not said that ye shall eat of every tree of the garden .
The woman answered and said we may EAT of the TREES of the garden , but not of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil
for in the day that we eat thereof we shall surely die . TRUTH .
Then answered the serpent , YE shall not die . LIE
In the day ye eat thereof your eyes shall be opened and you shall become as gods knowing good and evil , TRUTH .
For even GOD said later , they have become as us , to know good and evil .
Satan does this .
This is how he decieves . LOOK at how he tempted EVEN JESUS .
It was always about causing disobediance to GOD . cast thyself off this hill , TEMPTING GOD which is a lie
for it is written , HE shall give his angels charge over thee and thou shall not even dash thy foot against a stone . WHICH is truth
YET is not truth if we take it out of text to TEMPT GOD which is sin .
Satan is highly clever and tempts man through the flesh , through carnal wisdom .
THERE is truly only one religion and all others only contain truths and lies . COME YE TO the LIVING GOD
and not the god that panders to the flesh of men and operates through the wisdom of men .
COME YE to the fount of living waters , COME YE TO JESUS and have eternal life .
FOR as GOD desires not the death of any soul but rather that they would have life , so too do i by the spirit of His indwelling love , his indwelling grace .
But beware satan , for he too can speak of a love , a freedom , a unity and a path which leads only unto the second death .
Beware of men and religions of men who too can portray that false love , that false light , that false freedom , false unity
based on FEELINGS and not upon TRUTH .
All other paths , all other mindsets , all other religions lead only unto the second death .
IN JESUS alone is found the path of LIFE , of TRUTH , Of freedom . HE ALONE IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO THE ONLY GOD .
all other paths , all others gods , REAL as they are , THEY LEAD ONLY UNTO THE SECOND DEATH
Learn the BIBLICAL JESUS WELL . Learn HIM well and beware of men , of other false religoins and even beware
the most dangerous religoin of all , THOSE who USE the name of JESUS and yet preach contrary to the TRUE JESUS . THE BIBLICAL ONE .

Simply because human society "gropes" in the hope of finding the one true God of Creation is not an indication that they can believe in an accept anything they wish as being a god to them.

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is the Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath and all things, And has made of one blood all nations of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation, THAT THEY SHOULD SEEK THE LORD IF THEY MIGHT HAPLY (by accident) feel after Him and find Him........FOR HE IS NOT FAR FROM EVERY ONE OF US; FOR IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING......." -- Acts 17:24-28

Meaning we are born with an innate knowledge in seeking out the Creator......always yearning, sometimes not knowing why..........crying out ABBA (father)......we are born within the God of Creation and He should and does know just who we worship either in righteousness in seeking out and serving the one true God...or mistakenly worshiping a god of this world that originates from the mind of mortal men.

There is only ONE GOD........its our duty to seek out, find and to serve our FATHER, as that is why men were created from THE WORD......God spoke and the world and all that was in it came into existence. To worship God.

Men might attempt to substitute and fill that empty space that we all have in seeking out the meaning to our lives .......but that emptiness will never go away until one comes to THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. (1 Tim. 2:4)

And once we find that knowledge that leads to truth........one can never unlearn what has been revealed, one always defends the truth and the freedom that comes from that truth. Why? Its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Heb. 10:31).

FEAR: "The fear of Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the Holy One is UNDERSTANDING."

Logic and Reason tells us that there indeed can be many forms and shapes of religions around the world. All can be incorrect and practiced in a false manner.......but only ONE can be TRUE, as there is no duplicity of truth possible. Truth never changes, truth cannot evolve.....truth is the same for everyone that wishes to put it to the test or it was never truth in the first place.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. TRUE RELIGION NEVER APOLIGIZES FOR REVEALING OR DEFENDING TRUTH..........without truth there can never be liberty and freedom.

There is an old axiom, "Cherish those who seek the truth; but beware of those who find it." This statement was made by a critic of Christianity........VOLTAIRE, and its easy to understand why he made such a statement. Even the demons BELIEVE, with fear and trembling.

"There is only ONE BODY and ONE SPIRIT, just as you are called in ONE HOPE of your calling; ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL, AND THROUGH ALL AND IN YOU ALL." -- Eph. 4:4

Have you ever thought about getting all that rubbish independently verified?
There is no God and I challenge you to show evidence there is. Yet you all know what he think, says and does like it's legislated. You people belong to a brain washed cult or something. Get a grip on yourselves.

Have you ever thought about getting all that rubbish independently verified?
There is no God and I challenge you to show evidence there is. Yet you all know what he think, says and does like it's legislated. You people belong to a brain washed cult or something. Get a grip on yourselves.

At your age, you'll have your proof soon enough.

You'll have the opportunity to tell Him to His face that he doesn't exist, when you stand before Him to be judged.

Forum List

Back