Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

If the soul makes you who you are then it must interact with the body or are you saying the soul is just a blob of spirit residing in your body for absolutely no reason?

Consciousness is a manifestation of the brain it doesn't come from some mystical realm.

No brain no consciousness.
Where did I say a soul makes you who you are? We have free will. The soul animates. The soul does not dictate or control any of our actions. Think of it as a ledger.

Consciousness is the sum of our being. Rather than being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time it has always existed as the source of existence.

Which you claim materially changes atoms but can’t prove.

No. I believe everything is mind stuff. That mind created a physical universe.
Just like you can't prove the soul exists.

We know that a person does leave unique patterns on their physiology and IMO the best example is the changes in neurons that make muscle memory possible. A neuron in one of the few cells that it never replaced so it is with your for your entire life therefore it is best able to accept the impressions that make up your own unique patterns.

I can extrapolate the pattern changes from the neurons to the molecules that make up neurons to the constituent atoms of those molecules which make up the neurons and none of those need some magical realm in order to exist.

You can't give me any evidence that there is an electron microscope capable of the resolution necessary to examine the differences between different subatomic or quantum particles can you?

So no I have no proof but you have no proof of the existence of a soul.

My postulation doesn't contradict physics, yours does.

And the soul has to interact with the body if it is what makes a person a person.

The soul is the animating force for the body is it not?

So if the soul is incapable of interacting with the body it cannot be the animating force, it cannot be what makes you you.
I addressed part of this in my last post. Animate does not mean control. Like I said it’s a ledger. The animation is a function of what you do. But at any point you can change your direction. Right now you have a hardened heart and that affects your animation. But that does not control you because you have free will. You can reverse your course.

Just like you can't prove the soul exists.

We know that a person does leave unique patterns on their physiology and IMO the best example is the changes in neurons that make muscle memory possible. A neuron in one of the few cells that it never replaced so it is with your for your entire life therefore it is best able to accept the impressions that make up your own unique patterns.

I can extrapolate the pattern changes from the neurons to the molecules that make up neurons to the constituent atoms of those molecules which make up the neurons and none of those need some magical realm in order to exist.

You can't give me any evidence that there is an electron microscope capable of the resolution necessary to examine the differences between different subatomic or quantum particles can you?

So no I have no proof but you have no proof of the existence of a soul.

My postulation doesn't contradict physics, yours does.
Not to you you because you have a hardened heart. You are so angry with God for your childhood that you have closed your heart to him. But to fill that void you have created godlite. You have replaced your soul with tool marks on atoms.

Where did I say a soul makes you who you are? We have free will. The soul animates. The soul does not dictate or control any of our actions. Think of it as a ledger.

Consciousness is the sum of our being. Rather than being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time it has always existed as the source of existence.
If it is a ledger how does information get recorded in it?

It must interact with the matter of the body to transfer the information.

And you are contradicting the Catholic Church's definition of the soul right?

Does your flavor of Christianity have a different definition?

Human consciousness does not exist outside the human brain if it did you have the same problem that it must interact with the matter of the body.

What we call consciousness is nothing but an approximation of information our sensory systems flood our brains with constantly.

Then the soul has no purpose.

If it can't interact with your body, your brain, then how can it convey the information that makes you who you are? If it can't interact with the body how can it be the animating force of the spark of life that people believe it to be?

The soul must be able to at the very minimum receive and store the information that makes you who you are so that upon death it can carry that information to the spirit world you say exists somewhere to do that it must interact with the matter that makes up your body.

The Catholic Church states:

A soul is a form that makes a living thing the kind of living thing it is—a plant, an animal, a human person. It’s “the organizational pattern or form of all the parts and all the parts of all the parts,” coordinating the matter to be the kind of living thing it is. The soul of a plant informs and makes the plant’s matter that of a plant. The soul of a lion informs and makes the lion’s matter that of a lion. The soul of a human being informs and makes the human’s matter that of a human being.

. Aquinas follows Aristotle on this (ST I:76:1). The Catechism even adopts this explanation, enshrining it in official Catholic teaching:

The unity of soul and body is so profound that one has to consider the soul to be the “form” of the body: i.e., it is because of its spiritual soul that the body made of matter becomes a living, human body (365).

It seems to me that the Catholic church believes the soul interacts with the matter of the body.
Again… the soul is like a ledger. How you have lived your life affects how the soul animates you. But you have free will so it doesn’t control you. At any time you can change directions. For good or bad.

I addressed part of this in my last post. Animate does not mean control. Like I said it’s a ledger. The animation is a function of what you do. But at any point you can change your direction. Right now you have a hardened heart and that affects your animation. But that does not control you because you have free will. You can reverse your course.

So how does the information get written in the ledger if the soul cannot interact with the matter of the body where that information is.

And you are completely disagreeing with the Catholic Church on the subject.

If it is a ledger how does information get recorded in it?

It must interact with the matter of the body to transfer the information.

And you are contradicting the Catholic Church's definition of the soul right?

Does your flavor of Christianity have a different definition?

Human consciousness does not exist outside the human brain if it did you have the same problem that it must interact with the matter of the body.

What we call consciousness is nothing but an approximation of information our sensory systems flood our brains with constantly.
Everything is information. Whatever you do or think is information. It all affects how you live your life. Information like existence is. It never goes away. Your soul is a ledger of the sum of your being.

Again… the soul is like a ledger. How you have lived your life affects how the soul animates you. But you have free will so it doesn’t control you. At any time you can change directions. For good or bad.
But you just said the soul can't interact with matter so it cannot animate the matter that a person is made of.

Your entire explanation is nothing but contradictions.

Everything is information. Whatever you do or think is information. It all affects how you live your life. Information like existence is. It never goes away. Your soul is a ledger of the sun of your being.
And how does the information get from your brain into the ledger if the ledger cannot interact with the matter that makes your brain?

You can't have it both ways here.

Either the soul interacts with the body or is doesn't. You can't seem to make up your mind.

But you just said the soul can't interact with matter so it cannot animate the matter that a person is made of.

Your entire explanation is nothing but contradictions.
Feel free to keep misstating me. The only person it harms is you.

Feel free to keep misstating me. The only person it harms is you.
Unlike you I don't make shit up

you said

But now you say the soul doesn't animate you. Even though in Christianity the soul is believed to be what animates matter and makes it human

And how does the information get from your brain into the ledger if the ledger cannot interact with the matter that makes your brain?

Either the soul interacts with the body or is doesn't. You can't seem to make up your mind.
I’ve explained this already several times. No matter how many time you misstate what I have said won’t change my explanation. The soul does not control your actions. Your actions determine the healthiness of your soul. The healthiness of your soul animates how you see and interact with others but does not control it. You have free will.

Unlike you I don't make shit up

you said

But now you say the soul doesn't animate you. Even though in Christianity the soul is believed to be what animates the matter and makes it human
I just explained it in my last post but you are so upset you want to punish me by being intentionally misleading. You aren’t hurting me. You are only hurting yourself.

I’ve explained this already several times. No matter how many time you misstate what I have said won’t change my explanation. The soul does not control your actions. Your actions determine the healthiness of your soul. The healthiness of your soul animates how you see and interact with others but does not control it. You have free will.
No you haven't.

How does the information pass from a body that is made of matter to the soul which you say is incapable of interacting with matter?

You got me. The same way your atoms have tool marks.

I just explained it my last post but you are so upset you want to punish me by being intentionally misleading. You aren’t hurting me. You are only hurting yourself.
No you trying to reconcile all your contradictions is what's hurting you not me.

If the soul cannot interact with the matter of the body then it cannot influence anything you do with that body, it cannot give information to nor take information from that body.

Yet you say it can do both.

No you haven't.

How does the information pass from a body that is made of matter to the soul which you say is incapable of interacting with matter?
Sure I have.

The same way your atoms get tool marks. Because that’s your version of a soul so you could remove God.

No you trying to reconcile all your contradictions is what's hurting you not me.

If the soul cannot interact with the matter of the body then it cannot influence anything you do with that body, it cannot give information to nor take information from that body.

Yet you say it can do both.
There are no contradictions. There are only you trying to tell me what I must believe. So the contradictions are of your making.

It is difficult to argue against the gnostic belief in the "Genesis God" and the "New Testament" God.
If you have ever read the Bible, even occasionally, it is impossible to not see the glaring differences between the God as described and action took... and the New Testament God. Who is categorically the opposite in almost every way than the Old Testament God.
Ergo... they are not the same.

Forum List

Back