Zone1 Do you believe in Hell for the unrepentant?

Do you believe in Hell (for the unrepentant)?

• there probably is a Hell (elite dims prove there has to be)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Erroneous conclusion.

I believe in God. I do not believe that God believes in religion. I also don’t accept the notion that God could possibly be so unjust as to send an offender to a place like Hell for the rest of all eternity for some “sins” committed in a mere human lifetime.

I also don’t believe any justice system can be fair if it sends a person to jail for one instance of petty shoplifting. Disproportionate sentences of jail or prison for fairly minor crimes and for first time offenders is not my notion of “justice.”

Now let’s compound it. It is a sin to steal. A sinner sins by stealing a candy bar from a small shop owner” candy display case. If caught, he gets prosecuted and is found guilty and gets sentenced to lifetime imprisonment. Not just a prison sentence but a lifetime sentence of imprisonment. I’d call that incredibly unjust.

How does an eternity in hell for some sins committed during a person’s brief lifetime compare?

This is the broader question, "if not hell, what is the punishment and how is it defined"?

It gets very tricky because there isn't a guide outside of what humans have written. There might be some form of punishment that is on a scale, or, we might just be trying to defy Gods words.

There is so much to consider, just as in the laws on earth when someone commits a crime.

This is the broader question, "if not hell, what is the punishment and how is it defined"?

It gets very tricky because there isn't a guide outside of what humans have written. There might be some form of punishment that is on a scale, or, we might just be trying to defy Gods words.

There is so much to consider, just as in the laws on earth when someone commits a crime.
Only an all knowing just God can determine this.

Meanwhile, everyone seems to know what God will do or should do.

Good luck with that.

Erroneous conclusion.

I believe in God. I do not believe that God believes in religion. I also don’t accept the notion that God could possibly be so unjust as to send an offender to a place like Hell for the rest of all eternity for some “sins” committed in a mere human lifetime.
You are correct. God does not unjustly send anyone to Hell. People send themselves by rejecting TRUTH, meaning OBJECTIVE Truth, God's truth.. then God Period.

You don't need to be a member of an organized religion to realize ..

1. men are sinful .. selfish, greedy, full of malice / vindictiveness and disordered lust
2. They cannot save themselves (most of the time, they don't even want to)
3. They need something (Someone)
4. If we do not punish our children, how do they turn out?

Anyway, I will now finish reading your post..

I believe in hell in some form or another. If one believes in a soul I have to think that the belief in a heaven and/or is most logical or else what does the soul represent?

As such, we will all be judged accordingly.
Are you a Christian? If so, are u a member of a particular church? I aks because it seems Christians believe as you say but not so much others..

You are correct. God does not unjustly send anyone to Hell. People send themselves by rejecting TRUTH, meaning OBJECTIVE Truth, God's truth.. then God Period.

You don't need to be a member of an organized religion to realize ..

1. men are sinful .. selfish, greedy, full of malice / vindictiveness and disordered lust
2. They cannot save themselves (most of the time, they don't even want to)
3. They need something (Someone)
4. If we do not punish our children, how do they turn out?

Anyway, I will now finish reading your post..
Part of having faith is believing God is just and all knowing.

What I do know is that there will be surprises, that is, those you think will go to hell and those that you think won't, only to be shown otherwise.

You don't have to experience it to understand, just observe.

But yes, at times I have felt as though I were staring into someone's eyes like staring into the pit of hell itself as the very hairs on your neck stand to attention.
been there

Then you watch the news..

nuff said.......

:eek:o_O

How does an eternity in hell for some sins committed during a person’s brief lifetime compare?
Interesting how you just seem to automatically assume God is unjust just on account of there being a Hell (or so some of us say).

Actually, I can u/stand this because at times I have thought the same/felt the same.. But then I look at all the evil.. and the fact that some people just never repent.. never.

Do you see any prominent liberals repenting of their

child murder (in the womb)
gender- changing policies that abuse children (w/o the parents' consent, I have heard)
unnatural acts (homosexual acts/marriage)
leaving American soldiers in a foreign, hostile country, men and women who fought for their country
allowing an invasion that is designed to destroy the country and is against the laws on the books...

and I could go on and on.

How can unholy beings get into a perfectly holy place where God himself dwells? The Book of Revelation says that "no unclean thing will enter" Heaven

"you know Callahan, you were a really bad human being, you did great harm to others, ruined countless lives with your deception and exploitation. You profited off of the misery of others through your lies, without any remorse and then tried to deceive me, your Father, on your deathbed after a life of lies. But hey. you're not as bad as those German officers so I guess you're in!"
He's not going to say that bc you didn't do those things.. I feel sorry for the dimrats..

Part of having faith is believing God is just and all knowing.

What I do know is that there will be surprises, that is, those you think will go to hell and those that you think won't, only to be shown otherwise.
I don't know.. I've heard that most people end up in Hell. And I can't imagine the people i myself think are headed there.. ending up in Heaven unless they repent and some need to repent for the whole world to see.. prominent politicians who promote baby killing..

I guess we may be surprised to find certain people in heaven because we never thought they would be the kind to repent.. Maybe that is what u mean?

Do you believe in Hell for the unrepentant?

The lives of people who suffer egregiously at the hands of.. whomever.. tend to prove Hell if the Bible does not convince you. I have read stories of horrendous child abuse and then the abused goes on to suffer at the hands of others who also abuse.. girls molested as a child getting involved later w/ abusive husbands, etc..

Then there is all the evil inflicted upon us by "insane" people "running things" in the gvt. And sometimes, frankly, it seems God does not care about these victims of evil

until He does.. I say He takes them to Heaven and then... What does He do about all the evil doers? Those of us who believe Scripture rarely doubt the existence of Hell.

OK, I tried to fix this error in the poll questions but couldn't

It should read

No (elite dims do NOT prove there has to be)
Hell is other people.
- Jean-Paul Sartre

Now let’s compound it. It is a sin to steal. A sinner sins by stealing a candy bar from a small shop owner” candy display case. If caught, he gets prosecuted and is found guilty and gets sentenced to lifetime imprisonment. Not just a prison sentence but a lifetime sentence of imprisonment. I’d call that incredibly unjust.

This raises some interesting points on how humans judge based on actions and that we measure time.

Two things to wonder about:
  • Is time the same in the afterlife as it is here?
  • Judgement is different as God judges not by the actions, but by the heart. We may dismiss the theft of a candy bar as not a huge deal as a single act. What if that act comes from the heart. Is judgement different for a thieving heart? Is the thieving heart of the person stealing candy bars any different from the thieving heart of Sam Bankman-Fried who stole millions?
This is merely a 'What if', something to ponder, not how it will be.

So there are various hells in this life but not the next?

Nope. Don't buy it.
excellent point

There are indeed numerous different "hells" and I don't even know why i put quotation marks on that word because some things in this life are nothing short of literal Hell

Election 2020

This raises some interesting points on how humans judge based on actions and that we measure time.

Two things to wonder about:
  • Is time the same in the afterlife as it is here?
  • Judgement is different as God judges not by the actions, but by the heart. We may dismiss the theft of a candy bar as not a huge deal as a single act. What if that act comes from the heart. Is judgement different for a thieving heart? Is the thieving heart of the person stealing candy bars any different from the thieving heart of Sam Bankman-Fried who stole millions?
This is merely a 'What if', something to ponder, not how it will be.
OK, whatever

But when are you going to answer OP Question?

It is called the Eternal Now

With God, there is no time. If a person is stuck in his sins, that means for the eternal now, he is in grave, Hell worthy sin. He has to repent to get out from under it

Do you believe in Hell for the unrepentant?
These say that there is no need for a hell as none are to be lost.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

This also comes to mind.

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell would be an evil place and Yahweh would not let that evil overcome his good, would he.

Only those of really low grade faith would believe that God would lose any of his beloved souls.

Right?

Regards
DL

With God, there is no time.
What gives him the right then to judge those who are forced to live in time?

The pain in hell is nothing to him so the fool does not even know what kind of severity punishment in time is.

One would be quite the fool to think Yahweh, a mass murderer, a decent judge.

All Christians join me in a hardy Heil Yahweh and his own oven.

Regards
DL

excellent point

There are indeed numerous different "hells" and I don't even know why i put quotation marks on that word because some things in this life are nothing short of literal Hell

Election 2020
True, but the enlightened will know it is just heaven with it's streets full of trash.

It is demonstrable that the Earth is the best heaven we can ever have.

Without Gnosis, the blind will not see.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back