Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally.

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally?

I just wondered in reference not only to vaccines, war, social issues, etc but all political issues.

How do you arrive at your own personal opinion and how close to what the news reports is actually in your personal experience?

Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally?

I just wondered in reference not only to vaccines, war, social issues, etc but all political issues.

How do you arrive at your own personal opinion and how close to what the news reports is actually in your personal experience?
i base my decisions on my own personal experiences and from different sources of information that include the news.

i base my decisions on my own personal experiences and from different sources of information that include the news.
How do you decide which news sources you choose to believe? Is the news broadcaster more relatable or does the news report match your own personal belief?

How do you decide which news sources you choose to believe? Is the news broadcaster more relatable or does the news report match your own personal belief?
i believe the news story unless there is information from other sources that contradict it. i pretty much know the biases of these news networks to know which news stories they are telling the truth or not or exaggerating.

i believe the news story unless there is information from other sources that contradict it. i pretty much know the biases of these news networks to know which news stories they are telling the truth or not or exaggerating.
Do you think there is any news network that reports the story with just facts and no bias?

i never accept what i hear as fact - until i research things in their entirety. as for factual reliability, i tend to go with those that have been ranked high in their reporting.

there's really not much difference in WaPo, the NYT, & the WSJ (wall st journal) - as far as facts & truth. it's their OP/ED that differentiates whether it's a 'liberal' or 'conservative' news outlet. i like to go to actual science/medical based outlets as well.

just like FB & twitter - which i refuse to be on - i don't rely on rw or lefty biased TV show pundits to tell me facts. ... that isn't a wise thing to do.

Last edited:

I don't watch any "news reports", so........................................................

I think with my brain, not with my TV.

AP News, Reuters, BBC and personal experience.

Not CNN, FoxNews or MSNBC.

Do you think there is any news network that reports the story with just facts and no bias?

back in the day, when there were only 3 networks - the 'news' dept had their own separate budget. no bigpharma or petro ads to sway opinion, & they were on only once a day for 30 minutes. now, you can't get thru a 30 minute program without any less than 6-7 commercials for drugs, etc & the 24/7 talking head punditry that dominates cable has to fill the time with more than straight up facts - so there is much room for bias from either side.

A. I make my decisions solely based on what the media tells me?

B. I make my decisions based entirely on my personal experiences.

Neither is true. It’s like the 7 day forecast. I make my decisions based on what the media tells me but also from personal experience I bring an umbfella.

i never accept what i hear as fact - until i research things in their entirety. as for factual reliability, i tend to go with those that have been ranked high in their reporting.

there's really not much difference in WaPo, the NYT, & the WSJ (wall st journal) - as far as facts & truth. it's their OP/ED that differentiates whether it's a 'liberal' or 'conservative' news outlet. i like to go to actual science/medical based outlets as well.

just like FB & twitter - i don't rely on rw or lefty biased TV show pundits to tell me facts alone ... that isn't a wise thing to do.
I quit watching the news for about 6 months before I came back to the board. It was a really interesting experience. Offline people would be worked up about stuff and I'd have no idea something was going on. In my daily living not much changed because of the news.

I decided that facts are the only thing I want to hear and no personal opinions from a newscaster. I'd rather just have the information to research facts myself and then pray/meditate about it and see where I align from my point of view.

The problem is that I find ALL news to be biased and have not found any that are not trying to twist a story one way or another. It's plays more on egoism rather than truth.

I just wish people cared more about each other and I wish they wouldn't allow political bias to make them stop being human beings to each other. The higher-ups don't care about us working class it does not matter the party.

A. I make my decisions solely based on what the media tells me?

B. I make my decisions based entirely on my personal experiences.

Neither is true. It’s like the 7 day forecast. I make my decisions based on what the media tells me but also from personal experience I bring an umbfella.
How do you pick your media and how do you measure what the media reports to you in referencing to your own personal life experience. Does the majority of the news reported affect your direct life?

So your style is to research all the news sources worldwide. How do you conclude which one is most accurate?
You read studies...........You actually read the bills and laws.........Under the Freedom of Information act you can read the actual data........

Even though they hide it all the time..........

It's hard to filter the lies out..............but after decades of seeing their BS it gets easier over time.

With Fox it’s easy because we know they’re slanted agenda.

Even though msnbc is bias to liberal issues it’s not lies or half truths.

One thing I notice about Fox. It’s not a lie if you put a question Mark at the end. You don’t have to have proof if it’s posed as a question. Is hunter a spy for China?

You read studies...........You actually read the bills and laws.........Under the Freedom of Information act you can read the actual data........

Even though they hide it all the time..........

It's hard to filter the lies out..............but after decades of seeing their BS it gets easier over time.
Yeah going to the facts from accredited studies. Although then you have to research where the grants for the study came from and who has donated to the university and what their politics are. It can be exhausting to research the truth. LOL

Forum List

Back