Do you agree that pre-born humans are NOT entitled to any rights or even the right to live?

it becomes a life at the moment of conception,,,

I disagree with that. It becomes a potential life. The question is when is that potential realized?

There is no “potential life.” There IS a brand new human life. The preborn baby EXISTS.

I’ve always thought that this “potential” argument is not only weak, but one of the worst arguments on the proabort side. And I even thought that, on some level, back when I was on the other side of this debate. I’ve just always felt that it doesn’t make any sense, there is no “potential“ life, the life is already there! And as long as no one kills the baby (or unless there’s a miscarriage) the baby will definitely continue to grow until of course his head pops out of the womb at birth.

I should have said a potential human being.

There is a vast difference between a day one zygote and a day 270 baby

yeah its 269 days,,,

No there is a vast biological and physiological difference between the 2

They are not equal

neither is a new born and a 50 yr old equal,,,so whats your point??

No it's natural selection.

A spontaneous miscarriage indicates some sort of problem with the embryo which is why I say that a zygote is not a human but rather a potential human

Weeks zero to six have the highest probability of miscarriage in all women and that risk rises with age.

These are not catastrophic events
tell that to the mother that just lost her child,,,

it's not a child in the first trimester.

yes it is,,,as proven when the doctor tells her shes lost her child

I disagree.

And how do you know a Dr doesn't say, "You have had a miscarriage"?

I highly doubt they say ,,"sorry you lost your zygote"

But do they say you had a miscarriage and not make any mention of a child or a baby?

Or do you magically know what every doctor tells to every woman he or she treats?

I disagree with that. It becomes a potential life. The question is when is that potential realized?

There is no “potential life.” There IS a brand new human life. The preborn baby EXISTS.

I’ve always thought that this “potential” argument is not only weak, but one of the worst arguments on the proabort side. And I even thought that, on some level, back when I was on the other side of this debate. I’ve just always felt that it doesn’t make any sense, there is no “potential“ life, the life is already there! And as long as no one kills the baby (or unless there’s a miscarriage) the baby will definitely continue to grow until of course his head pops out of the womb at birth.

yeah its 269 days,,,

They are not equal

They are equal in the sense that all the physiological systems that are required to be a human being are present and functioning the only real difference is age. That is not true of an embryo in the very early stages of pregnancy

tell that to the mother that just lost her child,,,

I disagree.

But do they say you had a miscarriage and not make any mention of a child or a baby?

Or do you magically know what every doctor tells to every women he or she treats?

what was miscarried???,,,

I disagree.

Or do you magically know what every doctor tells to every women he or she treats?

Figure it out since there is really only one medical definition of a miscarriage

All it means is the pregnancy was prematurely ended for one reason or another.

yeah its 269 days,,,

They are not equal

They are equal in the sense that all the physiological systems that are required to be a human being are present and functioning the only real difference is age. That is not true of an embryo in the very early stages of pregnancy

DUH!!!!

but as you say its the early stages of life/pregnancy,,,

just look at yourself playing word games to justify killing a child,,,

I disagree.

Figure it out since there is really only one medical definition of a miscarriage

what was being carried to call it a miscarriage??

yeah its 269 days,,,

They are not equal

DUH!!!!

I'm not justifying anything.

A blob of a few cells is not a child.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here

yeah its 269 days,,,

They are not equal

DUH!!!!

that is the early stages of life,,,not just a blob of cells,,,

I disagree.

It depends on how far along the pregnancy was. Which is what I have been saying all along

There is a point during gestation that the fertilized egg, embryo, fetus whatever become a baby or a child and I do think it is at the second of conception. You do

You're not going to change my mind. I'm not going to change yours so this is now a waste of time

They are not equal

DUH!!!!

That's exactly what it is since it is not a child

It depends on how far along the pregnancy was. Which is what I have been saying all along

There is a point during gestation that the fertilized egg, embryo, fetus whatever become a baby or a child and I do think it is at the second of conception. You do

You're not going to change my mind. I'm not going to change yours so this is now a waste of time

your mind is made up to justify murder while mine is to preserve life,,,

DUH!!!!

science says youre wrong,,,

I realize that many believe that women shouldn't be forced to be inconvenienced with a pregnancy. But why does the woman's "right" to not be inconvenienced trump a pre-born human's right to live their life?

The decision to become a parent isn’t based on “convenience”, it’s based on whether you’re in a position financially and emotionally to commit to bearing a raising a child. Becoming a parent is a lifelong commitment.

Every child deserves to be love and wanted. A child is not a “consequence”. It is a person deserving of the best a parent can give.

If you don’t believe in abortion, don’t have one. The rest is none of your business.

Yep. Just like if you don’t believe in guns, don’t buy one. But if a person CHOOSES to lawfully acquire a firearm with his own money, it’s none of your business.

I do not believe abortion is murder in the early stages of pregnancy.

DUH!!!!

Really?

Post something from a respectable medical journal that says a zygote at 1 day is equivalent in every way to a baby one second before birth

I do not believe abortion is murder in the early stages of pregnancy.

thats doesnt mean its not,,,

but you keep telling yourself that,,,

The argument the unborn have rights begs the question of what rights every human has. What is the difference between "rights" listed for a U.S. citizen and everyone else? Where do these "rights" originate?

DUH!!!!

Really?

Post something from a respectable medical journal that says a zygote at 1 day is equivalent in every way to a baby one second before birth

your twisting the question to back up your POV,,,,

science says its the earliest stages of human life,,,

Forum List

Back