Do USMB liberals represent liberals Nation-wide

I represent a Liberal living in the upper Ohio River Valley. I cannot speak fro my fellow Liberals nationwide.

As a Liberal living in the upper Ohio River Valley, I hold positions that run counter to many of the positions held by Conservative posters here at USMB. I do not expect those posters to speak for or present an accurate representation of all Conservatives nationwide.

I know that some of the Conservative posters here are reasonable, sober and thoughtful citizens. Many more of the Conservatives posting here at USMB are far from reasonable, sober and thoughtful. I wonder how Conservatives nationwide stack up as reasonable, sober and thoughtful?

I think that most liberals (like most conservatives) do not swallow every single issue that their party endorses.

I think that people who do are in serious need of their own brain.

This goes for EITHER side.

Most people who vote aren't extremist wing-nuts who start screaming at other folks, just because they have a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
Most of the Libs on this site seem pretty level-headed. I like having them on my side on some issues.

Same with a few of the right-wingers (not naming names).

I don't know.

I do know that USMB conservatives do not represent conservatives nation wide. The conservatives I come across in real life aren't bat shit insane like most of the conservatives on this board.

The answer to this (imho) is the same one a gave on the mirror thread. Anonymous forums tend to attract extremists. So I don't think any demographic in the real world is very well represented here.

Your typical Liberal is neither clean nor articulate. USMB Liberal are actually the cream of the crop. You won't find deep thinkers like FranCoWTF or Rdean out there in Lalaland.

Your typical Liberal is neither clean nor articulate. USMB Liberal are actually the cream of the crop. You won't find deep thinkers like FranCoWTF or Rdean out there in Lalaland.

The very definition of a left handed compliment. In the same vein as "You don't sweat that much for a fat chick!"

Fat chicks rock! I love fat chicks.

Forum List

Back