Do poll workers get to go to sleep?

• Banned
What I'm saying is did they stay there all those days and count votes or do they switch you out during it? And I don't wanna hear lies about how they stopped counting.

• Banned
I know that I'm talking about during our presidential elections, like what if it takes 6 days to count?

The poll workers deal with the voting at the polls. They leave for the day around 8 pm. The results are transmitted to the electoral board electronically and a hard copy is submitted to the electoral board by one of the poll workers the next day. The city or county electoral board certifies the results.

• Banned
The poll workers deal with the voting at the polls. They leave for the day around 8 pm. The results are transmitted to the electoral board electronically and a hard copy is submitted to the electoral board by one of the poll workers the next day. The city or county electoral board certifies the results.
So is that technically stopping the counting of votes? Because everything I read says they didn't stop counting votes. What do you think?

What I'm saying is did they stay there all those days and count votes or do they switch you out during it? And I don't wanna hear lies about how they stopped counting.

No idea how they do it in big cities with paper ballots. My understanding is that in our city, the poll workers keep a running total over the day, re-run the ballots at the close of the poll, election officials then come in and rerun the ballots again to make sure it all matches up. The ballots then get sealed in cases and turned over to the Clerk of Circuit Court that moves them into a secured area inside the courthouse only they have access to. After a period of time, those ballots then get turned over to the state that moves them to another secure facility where they are kept for however many years. From the time the ballots get sealed in the cases at the polling places, nobody is allowed to break the seals on the cases without a court order.

I do know that some poll workers work from beginning to end and some switch out. That is because they have a hard time finding people who will work from like 6am to 10/11pm for $100 or however much they get paid.

• Banned
No idea how they do it in big cities with paper ballots. My understanding is that in our city, the poll workers keep a running total over the day, re-run the ballots at the close of the poll, election officials then come in and rerun the ballots again to make sure it all matches up. The ballots then get sealed in cases and turned over to the Clerk of Circuit Court that moves them into a secured area inside the courthouse only they have access to. After a period of time, those ballots then get turned over to the state that moves them to another secure facility where they are kept for however many years. From the time the ballots get sealed in the cases at the polling places, nobody is allowed to break the seals on the cases without a court order.

I do know that some poll workers work from beginning to end and some switch out. That is because they have a hard time finding people who will work from like 6am to 10/11pm for $100 or however much they get paid.
So you think that in some of those battleground states that poll workers didn't sleep for 6 days and counted the votes? Because every fact check I have reseaerched says nobody stopped counting, but wouldn't they have to if they went to sleep? This is really confusing to me. Are you a dem?

So is that technically stopping the counting of votes? Because everything I read says they didn't stop counting votes. What do you think?
Are you trying to get to the point of a stolen election?
It's most likely not preventable in a country that no longer honours the rules of a democracy.

And now there are many Americans who are expressing their hopes that their party wins by cheating anytime it's possible.

They can't make it so patently obvious and then try to deny it.

Are you trying to get to the point of a stolen election?
It's most likely not preventable in a country that no longer honours the rules of a democracy.

And now there are many Americans who are expressing their hopes that their party wins by cheating anytime it's possible.

They can't make it so patently obvious and then try to deny it.
No I don't believe that nor was I insinuating, just saying things that I'm reading and have heard don't make total sense to me b/c my OCD is acting up and I took too much molly and not thinking straight, my memory doesn't serve me well but I remember staying up on election night. Now I'm not blind to all of Biden's issues but I will just ignore them the way the right ignored the mental patient Agent Orange for his entire presidency. So I'll take this biden guy over him.

No I don't believe that nor was I insinuating, just saying things that I'm reading and have heard don't make total sense to me b/c my OCD is acting up and I took too much molly and not thinking straight, my memory doesn't serve me well but I remember staying up on election night. Now I'm not blind to all of Biden's issues but I will just ignore them the way the right ignored the mental patient Agent Orange for his entire presidency. So I'll take this biden guy over him.
I'm a Canadian and I have no dog in your political fight. I'll accept your explanation for now at least.
I don't accept bad behaviour and deliberate spamming. Thanks for your reply.

Of course poll worker's get to take breaks, switch out, eat, sleep, etc. They even get to go to the bathroom. I wouldn't even be surprised if two or more poll workers haven't from time to time gotten together for a quickie in the bathroom.

I live in Texas, not Canadian, I might've signed up that way though b/c I was in a hurry to voice my views. This isn't spam and I'm not a troll. Just a good old school liberal who believes in rights for everyone and isn't sold in group think for every issue, I support guns but I also suppport abortion.

So when they got their buddy to come in the polling place and take over did they just continue on counting votes or did they open them first and organize them and then count them b/c that would technically be a break to, am I wrong?

to much molly is why you favor Biden .

So you think that in some of those battleground states that poll workers didn't sleep for 6 days and counted the votes? Because every fact check I have reseaerched says nobody stopped counting, but wouldn't they have to if they went to sleep? This is really confusing to me. Are you a dem?

No I am a none of the above occassional green party leaning small L libertarian contrarian. I assume in some of those large cities, battleground or otherwise, they have temp workers who work shifts counting ballots that need to be counted by hand.

I have been through three different kinds of voting machines during my adult life. I have never had 100% confidence that any election is perfect. Close enough is close enough. Of the old pull down the tabs pull the lever machines, one malfunctioned while I was using it. I was not clear if my vote really counted or not. They claimed it did, but then took the machine immediately out of service. When we used the touch pads, some old person walked out before touching the final register their vote button after getting to the review screen. They were not allowed to clear the vote or cast the vote and had to take that pad out of service as was until someone up the food chain made that decision. Now that we are on scantrons, I am not aware of any problems with them (and they have sped up the process immensely), there is no way for me to know for certain if it read my ballot correctly or not. All I get is a green light when I push it into the feeder.

Most states count early votes and mail-in votes before election day. Republicans in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan prevented that from happening.

Forum List

Back