Do Christians have Free Speech ?

As long as Westboro Baptist is picketing military funerals with their hate-mongering signs, claiming Christians have lost their right to free speech is ridiculous.

As long as Westboro Baptist is picketing military funerals with their hate-mongering signs, claiming Christians have lost their right to free speech is ridiculous.

Maybe if the Ducks Dynasty star had the Westboro Baptist Church for a lawyer, he might be on the set. :eek:

Maybe if the Ducks Dynasty star had the Westboro Baptist Church for a lawyer, he might be on the set. :eek:

you don't have any legal right to say whatever the fuck you want while representing your private company

No, he would be in the same position he is today. He still has the right to say what he wants. And A&E still has the right to fire an employee for doing something they think is detrimental to their business.

They spend a LOT of money to broadcast his images & words. They elected to stop doing so.

So wait, are you going to continue your lie and force me to post prayers inside of the halls of congress?

Wait so if I do - will you say for me "I am a fat fucking liar" << ?

I soo0o0o want this to be worth it, ya know.

I just caught you in a lie, so why don't you STFU.

No, you didn't.

Sweet attempt, though. I never said where the videos were that I posted, I said they were on the Gov'ts dime.

My gosh you're the pussiest bitch on this site.

But again, PRAYERS ARE SAID INSIDE OF GOV'T BUILDINGS.

Do you deny this? Well, you already did. Do you retract what you said? Be a man now.

Can you knock off the insults for one day?

Using what congressional members do as examples isn't a convincing argument because everyone knows they don't follow the same rules they want to impose on us.

I just caught you in a lie, so why don't you STFU.

No, you didn't.

Sweet attempt, though. I never said where the videos were that I posted, I said they were on the Gov'ts dime.

Do you deny this? Well, you already did. Do you retract what you said? Be a man now.

Using what congressional members do as examples isn't a convincing argument because everyone knows they don't follow the same rules they want to impose on us.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you saying that The Feds wont allow prayer in buildings of government for everyone but themselves?

Your persecution complex needs like pills, weed or alcohol bro.

No, you didn't.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you saying that The Feds wont allow prayer in buildings of government for everyone but themselves?

Your persecution complex needs like pills, weed or alcohol bro.

Whatever.

Keep acting like a jerk and this discussion is over.

You were a jerkoff the moment you acted all persecuted and posted a bunch of unfounded bullshit and tried to pass it as intelligence.

You are why the country is so divided. You can't delineate between "free speech" and "free enterprise" and have them utterly confused.

Have you ever cried about an HOA making someone remove a Nativity scene? Probably. I'd betcha.

Never mind they signed a contract telling them not to. Voluntarily. Same with flags, etc.

Show me where Christians have los their civil and religious liberties, please.

You cannot bring a Bible to school, you cannot say a prayer before any functions in government buildings, you cannot openly express your religious beliefs without fear of persecution, you can be fired for openly expressing your religious beliefs, your freedom of speech does not apply to religious beliefs.

FALSE "You cannot bring a Bible to school,"

FALSE you cannot say a prayer before any functions in government buildings CHECK YOUR LEGISLATURE AND CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS

FALSE you cannot openly express your religious beliefs without fear of persecutionNOT AS TAX-SUPPORTED AGENDAS OF EXPRESS INDORSEMENT

WORK PLACES RULES RULE THE WORK PLACEyou can be fired for openly expressing your religious beliefs,

YOUR FREEDOM OF RELIGIOUS SPEECH IS NOT ABSOLUTEyour freedom of speech does not apply to religious beliefs

Judging the current Duck Dynasty flap, expressing Christian, or any religiously consistent sentiment does indeed seem to be getting suppressed.

Admittedly though, in that case it could have been contractual and A&E not wanting an employee saying things that'd reflect opinions inconsistent with the channel. But insofar as being allowed to say it without reprisal, I think the guy got pretty well screwed with his pants on.

phil passed history as a womanizer kinda undercuts his righteousness to me...how will the family react? they are making a mint but things are being done to them..words bleeped that arent bad etc....they are basically a very religious family and this may do them it....not being religious but the outspoken phil who has always been a bomb waiting to go off....

and it is more a&e doing this

glaad considers this vicious press that has long not been done....i think when he said it morphs in bestiality they got a wee bit upset

You just described Bill Clinton the difference is Phil repented

tapatalk post

No, he would be in the same position he is today. He still has the right to say what he wants. And A&E still has the right to fire an employee for doing something they think is detrimental to their business.

They spend a LOT of money to broadcast his images & words. They elected to stop doing so.

Except Phil isn't their employee. They don't own the show. They will soon backtrack or duck dynasty will be be making a different channel millions of dollars. A&E fucked up folding to the liberal fascists

tapatalk post

If they want to persecute us for speaking the truth, let them. The Lord will deliver us.

Show me where Christians have los their civil and religious liberties, please.

You cannot bring a Bible to school, you cannot say a prayer before any functions in government buildings, you cannot openly express your religious beliefs without fear of persecution, you can be fired for openly expressing your religious beliefs, your freedom of speech does not apply to religious beliefs.

1. not true
2. not true
3. not true
4. not true
and
5. not true

Unless you were talking about some other country besides the U.S.

It's strange that liberals support Muslims, yet Muslims can be the most homophobic people on Earth.

A Muslim can say that Gays don't exist or that they all should be put to death and the left will ignore it.

But let a Christian say that he doesn't support homosexual sex and he gets fired and persecuted.

Who said?

Liberty allows us to profess whatever we believe about anything. It does not allow us to dictate to others what they will believe; however. . . .

Liberty also allows us to run our business as we see fit. And if A&E, a for profit enterprise, has certain requirements for their employees, they can make whatever rules they wish including what their employees can publicly say about their beliefs re homosexuality.

But I believe there is a politically motivated hyporisy when it comes to anything Christian.

Hate crimes are defined by federal law as criminal acts motived by an assailant’s prejudice against the victim’s religion, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. The FBI reports that religious intolerance accounts for about 20% of hate crimes reported by law enforcement authorities across the nation.

The problem is that the government and/or the 'left' is far less likely to characterize attacks against Christians or Christian groups as 'hate crimes.' If this guy had publically said that he sees most Christians as narrow minded, holy rollers, I am going to guess there would have been offense taken by many Christians, but no action would have been taken. And therein is the hypocrisy and inequity. And the fact that it is mostly Christians symbols, imagery, slogans, or other expressions that are banned or barred from the public sector is telling.

A federal law states that the prevailing plaintiff in a civil rights case -- including religion cases -- is entitled to be reimbursed for its attorney's fees when it wins a case. Which is why, for instance, the ACLU so often goes after the poorest and least able to defend itself such as sueing the Village of Tijeras, population a few hundred people, to force them to remove a small historic cross from the Village seal. Because the Village has such limited resources to fight such a suit, the ACLU can claim victory and collect, from the federal til, its costs for initiating and prosecuting the suit.

It is things like that which erodes our First Amendment rights.

As we can see, acceptance of homosexuality as a form of normal behavior does lead to acceptance of polygamy, incest and bestiality.

Forum List

Back