Do Christians have Free Speech ?

Being fired is not a free speech issue. Its a private employer employing.

Government functions have prayers all of the time to open. If youre going to lie about that - lets make a wager before i youtube blast the fuck outta you.

And even if they didnt - thats still not a free speech issue. Beikg on Government time means youre an employee of the State, and the state not endorsing Religion is not a persecution of free speech.

Id like to see where free speech is randomly persecuted not involving private employment/property or govt sponsorship.

One would think a grown assed man would know the fucking difference. But no, its easier to be a perpetual victim. Pfft.

So what does the government have to do with A&E?

It's one thing to say you hate faggots, it's another to say it's wrong. Firing someone for merely stating their religious beliefs is a breach of his freedoms under the constitution.

I think that everyone at Duck Dynasty should quit and sue A&E.

It's the most popular reality show on TV. They could go anywhere and be welcome.

No, it's not.

When your character is under contract with a PRIVATE COMPANY, representing said PRIVATE COMPANY, they reserve the right to fire you if you do not represent them how THEY SEE FIT.

Again, knucklehead, you have a REALLY HARD TIME deciphering between free speech and private enterprise.

Next you'll be saying it's anti free speech when you ENTER AN HOA CONTRACT and then later bitch about not being able to display something banned within SAID CONTRACT.

You're an idiot.

You cannot bring a Bible to school, you cannot say a prayer before any functions in government buildings..

I wouldn't even have a problem with this if it were true.

Sadly, it's a bitch assed lie. Shit, even Obama leads some of the functions with prayer. Bitch ass.

"the god of Jacob is our refuge" - barack Obama

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkU43A3TlBA]President Barack Obama's Prayer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF2XX-dJ5mI]President Obama Speaks at National Prayer Breakfast - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalGMHQQbZc]President Obama National Prayer Service National Cathedral (January 22, 2013) - YouTube[/ame]

ohhhhHH the persecution, it hoits.....stoppit it hoitss..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBhM4L-wiI0]JESUS CHRIST... OBAMA'S SAVIOUR! - YouTube[/ame]

"I came to know jesus Christ myself, and embrace him as my lord and savior" - Barack Obama

No, it's not.

When your character is under contract with a PRIVATE COMPANY, representing said PRIVATE COMPANY, they reserve the right to fire you if you do not represent them how THEY SEE FIT.

Again, knucklehead, you have a REALLY HARD TIME deciphering between free speech and private enterprise.

Next you'll be saying it's anti free speech when you ENTER AN HOA CONTRACT and then later bitch about not being able to display something banned within SAID CONTRACT.

You're an idiot.

Insults aside, what did he say that was "WRONG" or offensive?

Nope..not if it conflicts with the Liberal/Democratic Party agenda..

Oh give it a rest.

You whinny assed fake christians embarrass those of us who are truly followers of Christ.

Saying that is just like saying you aren't.

I'll never say I'm a true follower because all have fallen short of the glory of God. Anyone who says they haven't is lying to themselves.

No, it's not.

You're an idiot.

Insults aside, what did he say that was "WRONG" or offensive?

It doesn't matter - what matters is what A&E, his employer, thinks. He signed a contract with them and it's his doing that that limited what he could say on air, not some phony assed persecution of free speech.

It really sucks when your whole relevance and grievances in life are based on illogical and unfounded assumptions.

JESUS CHRIST... OBAMA'S SAVIOUR! - YouTube

"I came to know jesus Christ myself, and embrace him as my lord and savior" - Barack Obama

Dude, knock of the Jesus BS.

Obama is Gay and he supports Gays and all of his spiritual procrastinations are phony as Hell.

Obama's beliefs are besides the point.

The point is that he's on the Government's dime reciting prayer, which relegates you to being a fat fuggin liar.

The prayer breakfast is held in the Hilton Ballroom in D.C., which is not a government building, and it's sponsored by The Fellowship, a none government Christian organization.

Links

The Fellowship (Christian organization) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
National Prayer Breakfast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, knock of the Jesus BS.

Obama is Gay and he supports Gays and all of his spiritual procrastinations are phony as Hell.

The point is that he's on the Government's dime reciting prayer, which relegates you to being a fat fuggin liar.

The prayer breakfast is held in the Hilton Ballroom in D.C., which is not a government building, and it's sponsored by The Fellowship, a none government Christian organization.

Links

So wait, are you going to continue your lie and force me to post prayers inside of the halls of congress?

Wait so if I do - will you say for me "I am a fat fucking liar" << ?

I soo0o0o want this to be worth it, ya know.

Links

So wait, are you going to continue your lie and force me to post prayers inside of the halls of congress?

I just caught you in a lie, so why don't you STFU.

Links

I just caught you in a lie, so why don't you STFU.

No, you didn't.

Sweet attempt, though. I never said where the videos were that I posted, I said they were on the Gov'ts dime.

My gosh you're the pussiest bitch on this site.

But again, PRAYERS ARE SAID INSIDE OF GOV'T BUILDINGS.

Do you deny this? Well, you already did. Do you retract what you said? Be a man now.

Here's a little love tap on the chin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUyl60F4iBI]Fr. Craig Opens Congress In Prayer - YouTube[/ame]

We can get some uppercuts and right hooks in here. Don't make me get the hose.

" cannot say a prayer before any functions in government buildings" - mudwhistle (lie)

Judging the current Duck Dynasty flap, expressing Christian, or any religiously consistent sentiment does indeed seem to be getting suppressed.

Admittedly though, in that case it could have been contractual and A&E not wanting an employee saying things that'd reflect opinions inconsistent with the channel. But insofar as being allowed to say it without reprisal, I think the guy got pretty well screwed with his pants on.

He is free to continue saying whatever he wants. His employer simply decided that it would be bad for business to retain him after he made his statements.

Free speech means you are allowed to say what you want. It does not mean you get t o do so on a for profit tv show.

His rights have not been removed.

Forum List

Back