Do any of you do fasting?

I’m going to guess most of the guys into fasting for days at a time are not athletic and have sedentary office jobs. You need a steady supply of protein and carbs if you’re active.

I'm quite athletic. I take kickboxing and BJJ classes. I'm just not a huge muscle head. I'm 5'11 and I float between 170 and 185.

I may not be able to bench press 500 pounds but when it comes to agility I'll make those dudes look like they're standing still.

He asked if anyone else did any fasting, not if you thought it was crazy or not besides I was responding to your "I don't see the point" which I bolded.
Gee that must have meant my answer was 'No

Wtf do you care anyway? Are you the thread police now?

I tried fasting yesterday, and failed. I had shipped breakfast and had a medium sized lunch, and thought I would go from 11:30 AM till 11:30 today, but I had not prepared well enough for 24 hours, and caved around 8:00 PM. I will admit, all I had was two servings of fried clams for dinner, and skipped breakfast again today. Laying the groundwork for your fast by eating right the day before is important.

I tried fasting yesterday, and failed. I had shipped breakfast and had a medium sized lunch, and thought I would go from 11:30 AM till 11:30 today, but I had not prepared well enough for 24 hours, and caved around 8:00 PM. I will admit, all I had was two servings of fried clams for dinner, and skipped breakfast again today. Laying the groundwork for your fast by eating right the day before is important.
Eating fried crap is not what I call eating right.

Of course you ALWAYS know what's best for everyone, hell, just ask you, you'll tell us......... :rofl:
All you have to do is ask any Dr if a diet based on fried foods is healthy or not.

Guess what they'll tell you.

I'm quite athletic. I take kickboxing and BJJ classes. I'm just not a huge muscle head. I'm 5'11 and I float between 170 and 185.

I may not be able to bench press 500 pounds but when it comes to agility I'll make those dudes look like they're standing still.
I guess it depends on your goals. I’d imagine for kickboxing though, you’d need some carbs on board so you don’t run out of gas

I guess it depends on your goals. I’d imagine for kickboxing though, you’d need some carbs on board so you don’t run out of gas
Yeah.

Kickboxing classes will really take it out of you. I like hummus and bananas a lot for carbs. I usually eat my hummus either on a sandwich with cheese or with carrots. For my bananas I like to get the organic peanut butter from Publix that has no added sugars and spread it on top. It's amazing.

I'll do pasta too but I try not to overdo it. I love pasta so damn much though. Also I don't do high intensity exercise while I'm fasting. Haha

Forum List

Back