Do any of you do fasting?

I would need to disable my vehicles and brick off my kitchen to fast for 3 days.

Even then, we may be short a cat or two when it's done.

Fasting is and can be quite dangerous.
It lowers your immune system as your body diverts energy into immediate needs... like breathing and maintaining body temp.
It can damage your liver and kidneys
It can lead to anemia
It leads to mineral and vitamin deficiencies.

Going hungry on purpose is like cutting yourself to practice bleeding.
Clearly, you know nothing about fasting.

I have been reading some from Dr.'s Longo and Jung about the benefits of fasting, and they are simply too numerous to mention here. Right now my longest fasts are 24 hours, but I want to do 36 soon. Kudos to you for going 48 hours, well done! (Just saw a TED talk about a guy who is an ultra endurance athlete and does fasts for 7 days!)

At noon I'll be at 48 hours with nothing but water. It really can be a somewhat spiritual experience. It feels great. I try to do a good fast once every few months at least.

I do 18/6 intermittent fasting, and also fast from Saturday noon until after church on Sunday for communion. Been doing it for many years, it's just routine now.

I have been reading some from Dr.'s Longo and Jung about the benefits of fasting, and they are simply too numerous to mention here. Right now my longest fasts are 24 hours, but I want to do 36 soon. Kudos to you for going 48 hours, well done! (Just saw a TED talk about a guy who is an ultra endurance athlete and does fasts for 7 days!)
I call bullshit on all of this.
It sells books. And gets people published.
There are benefits of all kinds of behavior that is bad for you.
You can absolutely write a paper saying eating a double whopper is beneficial to your health. All you have to do is ignore all of the bad things about it.
Same with fasting. You can absolutely find things that are beneficial, and you can also absolutely finds things about it that is harmful.

You can absolutely write a paper saying eating a double whopper is beneficial to your health. All you have to do is ignore all of the bad things about it.
Same with fasting. You can absolutely find things that are beneficial, and you can also absolutely finds things about it that is harmful.
Living life is harmful to longevity.

You cannot compare endurance athletes with average people.
There are numerous differences in their metabolism, oxygen exchange, heart rates, blood pressure and on and on.

At noon I'll be at 48 hours with nothing but water. It really can be a somewhat spiritual experience. It feels great. I try to do a good fast once every few months at least.
I'm currently doing intermittent fasting, I only eat between 1PM and 9PM. I definitely feel better doing it and I've found I eat less during my feasting segment, any "heavy" foods fill me up quickly so I'm eating a lot less.

Thanks dude.

I think I could do that with some practice.

Maybe...

That's a long fucking time with no food.
I don't remember his drink of choice, but he had a specific drink he did, it wasn't purely water, he added honey, spices, and some other stuff. He spoke of even going to dinners with his clients and not eating, just taking his drink with him. You can find him if you search TED talks and IF, as well as both Dr.'s I mention, who are the pioneers in research of fasting.

Last edited:
Nah man, the health benefits have been documented on mice and humans, by Harvard medical school, as well as others. You need to educate yourself on fasting, and read up on time restricted eating. Just 16 hours a day has medical benefits for your health.

What I notice most is mental clarity during a fast. Never does the mind seem clearer than when fasting. And it only makes sense that fasting is good for you, it's been part of the human conditions from our earliest prehistoric beginnings. It's only recently that obesity is widespread and all of its resulting inflammation and disease.

What I notice most is mental clarity during a fast.
It's incredible. My mind is hyper-alert. Do you think it's a survival tactic for finding food?
And it only makes sense that fasting is good for you, it's been part of the human conditions from our earliest prehistoric beginnings. It's only recently that obesity is widespread and all of its resulting inflammation and disease.
I came to a similar conclusion about fasting before I even became educated about it.

Seems obvious to be honest...

Nah man, the health benefits have been documented on mice and humans, by Harvard medical school, as well as others. You need to educate yourself on fasting, and read up on time restricted eating. Just 16 hours a day has medical benefits for your health.
I personally can't do it.
I eat a small breakfast around 5:30 am. By 10:00am or so I have to eat something, I get light headed and nauseous. I'll eat an apple or banana usually. And then eat a light lunch around 11:30.
And then usually don't eat anything until dinner.

Forum List

Back