Do any of you do fasting?

It takes an incredible will to go 3 days without eating when food is abundant. I might try to push to 72 hours.
Why?

It's a well known fact that the average person can live for many weeks without food.

I just don't see the point.

Because you get hungry. Yeah, it'd be weeks and weeks before I starve to death, but going days without food is still very difficult when food is abundant and tempting you. I bet almost none of you have the willpower.

Going hungry on purpose is like cutting yourself to practice bleeding.
That's because you hate science, just like Fauci and Diaper Joe who allow children to get vaccinated who don't need it.

At noon I'll be at 48 hours with nothing but water. It really can be a somewhat spiritual experience. It feels great. I try to do a good fast once every few months at least.
Yes but micro fasts--12-14 hours.

Gym work, then eat.

Reduce overall carbs to <100G/day

My body burns fat at a higher rate, and replaces glycogen more efficiently.

I'm a rattly boned old man mind you, but I really love fasts for exercise.

Last edited:
Because you get hungry. Yeah, it'd be weeks and weeks before I starve to death, but going days without food is still very difficult. I bet almost none of you have the willpower.

It's pointless.

I've gone hungry as a kid and sometimes never knew when my next meal would be so I have plenty of experience going hungry.

I also don't obsess over food I treat it as fuel nothing else.

It's a lot harder to work out hard everyday than it is not to eat anything.

That's because you hate science, just like Fauci and Diaper Joe who allow children to get vaccinated who don't need it.

My blood sugar is just fine,

in fact all my bloodwork is excellent.

I eat a very nutrient dense diet I work out hard and am in excellent health

Not eating for a day or two isn;t going to make me healthier than i am already

It's pointless.

I've gone hungry as a kid and sometimes never knew when my next meal would be so I have plenty of experience going hungry.

I also don't obsess over food I treat it as fuel nothing else.

It's a lot harder to work out hard everyday than it is not to eat anything.
Why did David Blaine freeze himself in a block of ice? It's pointless.

Why did David Blaine freeze himself in a block of ice? It's pointless.
Yeah it is.

And he did it as a stunt to make money.

Maybe you should try that too.

If you need to practice going hungry then you might need to practice getting hypothermia too.

Going without food for long periods of time was part of the human condition until recently.

We've adapted to it.

This one scientist said that after a month without food, you're not even the same creature, metabolically speaking.

Your body starts burning pure body fat for energy and it uses a whole different system to do that. A system never used unless you're starving.

Going without food for long periods of time was part of the human condition until recently.

We've adapted to it.

This one scientist said that after a month without food, you're not even the same creature, metabolically speaking.

Your body starts burning pure body fat for energy and it uses a whole different system to do that. A system never used unless you're starving.
I hope I never have to use the fire extinguishers in my house

And going a month without food was not very common in for people in any part of our history.

I hope I never have to use the fire extinguishers in my house

And going a month without food was not very common in for people in any part of our history.
Going several days or more without food was surely very common for people throughout most of our existence, especially before civilization.

Yeah it is.

And he did it as a stunt to make money.

Maybe you should try that too.

If you need to practice going hungry then you might need to practice getting hypothermia too.
Sometimes I break 140 mph on a motorcycle too.

*shrug*

I don't need money to want to find out what I'm made of.

Going several days or more without food was surely very common for people throughout most of our existence, especially before civilization.
There was always something to eat, bugs, plants etc. It was more like an very low calorie few days interspersed with moderate and some very high calorie days

Forum List

Back