Disguising The Platform

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
In 2010, and again in 2012, not one Democrat ran for election on a campaign of higher health insurance premiums, astronomical deductibles, and taxes/fees hidden in the monthly bill from the insurance companies. But that is exactly what they gave the country. They are running on the same platform this year, and just like in 2010 and 2012 they cannot say it openly; so they are desperately searching for something they can say:

Democrats plan to make 2014 about the minimum wage. Several news reports suggest the party plans to coordinate with unions to get ballot initiatives going around the nation to raise the minimum wage. They think this will incentivize turn out for them in 2014. It is an admission against interest they think Obamacare is hurting them.

Congress is a club that survives by the same rules as every other powerful club survives. The first rule is to protect club members. Congress’ problem is that HillaryCare II is so hated by the American people the club might not be able to protect all of its members. Ergo, Democrats up for election have one hope for survival. They have to rely on the golden rule: It’s us against the American people.

Establishment Republicans declaring war on conservatives is a clear sign of applying the golden rule. Karl Rove’s Republicans not only antagonize conservatives they give Democrats a fighting chance against a weakened Republican party.

Interestingly, John Boehner is leading the charge against conservatives, and he is also the guy that can do the most to take the spotlight off of the Democrat party's platform that I detailed in my opening paragraph. He can do that by working with Senate Democrats who will control the Senate until January of 2015. I think everybody knows how they feel about amnesty for illegal aliens:

About the only thing that can save the Democrats from this public policy nightmare is John Boehner pushing amnesty forward. And that just might happen.

Death, Taxes, and Obamacare
By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | January 3rd, 2014 at 04:30 AM |

Death, Taxes, and Obamacare | RedState

Finally, I am convinced that Karl Rove’s Republicans do not want to repeal HillaryCare II. There is just too much money heading for government coffers, and Wall Street, for establishment Republicans to get serious about repeal. From Rove’s perspective it is imperative that Tea Party conservatives not get a bunch of nominations —— followed by flooding the House and Senate with enough victories in November to stop big government in its tracks.

Bottom line: Defeating conservatives rather than defeating Democrats accomplishes two goals for the club.

1. It saves as many incumbent Democrats as is possible under the circumstances.

2. It saves HillaryCare II from repeal.

Last edited:
First two sentences are bullshit. Thanks anyway.

To LoneLaugher: How so! You can prove your case by citing the Democrat(s) that told the truth.

Incidentally, I could have included 2008 in the first paragraph, but I did not want to get my premise all mixed in with the lies about keeping your plan and keeping your doctor.

In 2010, and again in 2012, not one Democrat ran for election on a campaign of higher health insurance premiums, astronomical deductibles, and taxes/fees hidden in the monthly bill from the insurance companies. But that is exactly what they gave the country. They are running on the same platform this year, and just like in 2010 and 2012 they cannot say it openly; so they are desperately searching for something they can say:

Democrats plan to make 2014 about the minimum wage. Several news reports suggest the party plans to coordinate with unions to get ballot initiatives going around the nation to raise the minimum wage. They think this will incentivize turn out for them in 2014. It is an admission against interest they think Obamacare is hurting them.

Congress is a club that survives by the same rules as every other powerful club survives. The first rule is to protect club members. Congress’ problem is that HillaryCare II is so hated by the American people the club might not be able to protect all of its members. Ergo, Democrats up for election have one hope for survival. They have to rely on the golden rule: It’s us against the American people.

Establishment Republicans declaring war on conservatives is a clear sign of applying the golden rule. Karl Rove’s Republicans not only antagonize conservatives they give Democrats a fighting chance against a weakened Republican party.

Interestingly, John Boehner is leading the charge against conservatives, and he is also the guy that can do the most to take the spotlight off of the Democrat party's platform that I detailed in my opening paragraph. He can do that by working with Senate Democrats who will control the Senate until January of 2015. I think everybody knows how they feel about amnesty for illegal aliens:

About the only thing that can save the Democrats from this public policy nightmare is John Boehner pushing amnesty forward. And that just might happen.

Death, Taxes, and Obamacare
By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | January 3rd, 2014 at 04:30 AM |

Death, Taxes, and Obamacare | RedState

Finally, I am convinced that Karl Rove’s Republicans do not want to repeal HillaryCare II. There is just too much money heading for government coffers, and Wall Street, for establishment Republicans to get serious about repeal. From Rove’s perspective it is imperative that Tea Party conservatives not get a bunch of nominations —— followed by flooding the House and Senate with enough victories in November to stop big government in its tracks.

Bottom line: Defeating conservatives rather than defeating Democrats accomplishes two goals for the club.

1. It saves as many incumbent Democrats as is possible under the circumstances.

2. It saves HillaryCare II from repeal.

Reminds me of this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncbOEoQbOg]Amidst Boos And Multiple Votes, DNC Reverses Position And Reinstates Jerusalem - YouTube[/ame]

To LoneLaugher: How so! You can prove your case by citing the Democrat(s) that told the truth.

Incidentally, I could have included 2008 in the first paragraph, but I did not want to get my premise all mixed in with the lies about keeping your plan and keeping your doctor.

The part about higher premiums, astronomical deductibles and hidden taxes is bullshit. In general, premiums are lower...or the rate of increase is slower and subsidies are available to make them much lower for some.,deductibles are consistent with pre ACA plans with similar premiums paid by the individual. (remember....employers traditionally pay 70% of premiums ) and there is help for low income workers who cannot afford the deductibles. The taxes are not hidden.

You are outraged that Democrats are not running on the platform of lies that you have decided is reality. Try harder.

Last edited:

The part about higher premiums, astronomical deductibles and hidden taxes is bullshit. In general, premiums are lower...or the rate of increase is slower and subsidies are available to make them much lower for some.,deductibles are consistent with pre ACA plans with similar premiums paid by the individual. (remember....employers traditionally pay 70% of premiums ) and there is help for low income workers who cannot afford the deductibles. The taxes are not hidden.

You are outraged that Democrats are not running on the platform of lies that you have decided is reality. Try harder.

The rate of premiums increases started to slow in 2008.
Trying to compare premium increases when you're talking apples to oranges really isn't fair. Overall premiums are increasing when you're talking apples to apples, and can be quite large increases depending on the age group.

mine went up 98 bucks a month.......and i know a bunch more.....just sayin....

To LoneLaugher: I repeat: You can prove your case by citing the Democrat(s) that told the truth. Playing fast and loose with well-known facts proves nothing.

To Harry Dresden: Thank you.

How about the deductible? And are the taxes/fees listed separately on the statement from your insurance company?

Please post all the details for both plans.

Thanks.

To LoneLaugher: I repeat: You can prove your case by citing the Democrat(s) that told the truth. Playing fast and loose with well-known facts proves nothing.

To Harry Dresden: Thank you.

How about the deductible? And are the taxes/fees listed separately on the statement from your insurance company?

My deductible went from 3,000 to 5,000

Please post all the details for both plans.

Thanks.

whats the matter matter LL?.....cant handle the fact that in spite what you were told.....some of us have had Premiums go up...must be tough.....

Forum List

Back