Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
That you want to ignore the formal stated reasons, to focus on speculation about what a man neither of us have ever met, was thinking when he spoke twenty years ago, FROM TEXT of his words,

I am not asking what he was thinking or if he was lying when he said “final chance to comply”.. What does that phrase mean to you? Thats all.

Last edited:
That you want to ignore the formal stated reasons, to focus on speculation about what a man neither of us have ever met, was thinking when he spoke twenty years ago, FROM TEXT of his words,

I am not asking what he was thinking or if he was lying when he said “final chance to comply”.. Wgat does that phrase mean to you? Thats all.

To me? It is empty going though the motions. I stopped paying attention to the details of it all, at the time, well before the end.

That is what it means to me.

IMO, he was going though the motions, because he did not think that Saddam would ever give up his WMDs.

He expected to see Saddam play games but never turn over the wmds, and thus that the invasion would happen in short order, Saddam would fall, a grateful Iraqi Nation would rise, as a democratic nation and ally of ours, in the War on Terror.

As it succeeded, with our support, it would become a beacon of a better way forward for the Muslim/Arab World(s), and log term, undermine Radical Islam as an idea.

And I told you.

Where in your above post do you explain what the phrase “last chance to comply” means in your own words. What happens if Saddam complies? What dues given a “final chance” mean? It may be true that W was going through the motions so tell me going through the motions for what? What significant event happens if SH takes his final chance to comply and actually does comply.

It is empty going though the motions. I stopped paying attention to the details of it all, at the time, well before the end.

When did you stop paying attention to the details? Why does that prevent you from telling us what it means when SH was given a final chance to comply. You didn’t have to be paying attention to details which contain facts to answer a simple question. What did it mean?

IMO, he was going though the motions, because he did not think that Saddam would ever give up his WMDs.

He expected to see Saddam play games but never turn over the wmds, and thus that the invasion would happen in short order, Saddam would fall, a grateful Iraqi Nation would rise, as a democratic nation and ally of ours, in the War on Terror.

As it succeeded, with our support, it would become a beacon of a better way forward for the Muslim/Arab World(s), and log term, undermine Radical Islam as an idea.

And I told you.

Where in your above post do you explain what the phrase “last chance to comply” means in your own words. What happens if Saddam complies? What dues given a “final chance” mean? It may be true that W was going through the motions so tell me going through the motions for what? What significant event happens if SH takes his final chance to comply and actually does comply.

IMO, it was meaningless going though the motions.

It was impossible for Saddam to comply. He had destroyed the bulk of his weapons and FAILED TO DOCUMENT IT.

It is empty going though the motions. I stopped paying attention to the details of it all, at the time, well before the end.

When did you stop paying attention to the details? Why does that prevent you from telling us what it means when SH was given a final chance to comply. You didn’t have to be paying attention to details which contain facts to answer a simple question. What did it mean?

I did tell you. It meant nothing.

imo.

It was impossible for Saddam to comply. He had destroyed the bulk of his weapons and FAILED TO DOCUMENT IT.
That’s a lie or as you say you didn’t pay attention to details.

that’s what the inspectors were making plans to resolve when Bush decided to kill Iraqi civilians to resolve it with violence instead of peace.

But still believing as you do what did it mean when the entire world agreed through 1441 and knew that SH was given a FINAL Chance to comply?

Does SH remain dictator of Iraq when verified in compliance by UNMOVIC and IAEA inspection chiefs?

I did tell you. It meant nothing.
How could it mean nothing. All words have meaning when used in documents regarding issues of war and peace in an international scale.

SECURITY COUNCIL HOLDS IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’ OF DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS, OFFERS FINAL CHANCE TO COMPLY, UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1441 (2002)

That meant nothing?

Last edited:
That’s a lie or as you say you didn’t pay attention to details.

that’s what the inspectors were making plans to resolve when Bush decided to kill Iraqi civilians to resolve it with violence instead of peace.

But still believing as you do what did it mean when the entire world agreed through 1441 and knew that SH was given a FINAL Chance to comply?

Does SH remain dictator of Iraq when verified in compliance by UNMOVIC and IAEA inspection chiefs?

THey were planning to resolve it?

lol!!! How do you "resolve" the fact that something happened and was not documented?

LOL!!!

Saddam had years when he could have chosen policy to de escalate tensions with the US, instead he kept fucking around.

Pointing to the last few weeks and playing sematic games over who said what, is actively and purposefully missing the forest for the trees.

Saddam had years when he could have chosen policy to de escalate tensions with the US, instead he kept fucking around.
Not after the AUMF and 1441 passed in October and November 2002 which both included potential resolution of the WMD issue through peaceful means by offering SH a final opportunity to comply with his disarmament obligations to the United Nations Security Council.

SH offered in DECEMBER to let the CIA come in to verify the non-existence of WMD and Colin Powell said Iraq was complying with 1441 at the end of December as well. That is not fucking around.

Not after the AUMF and 1441 passed in October and November 2002 which both included potential resolution of the WMD issue through peaceful means by offering SH a final opportunity to comply with his disarmament obligations to the United Nations Security Council.

SH offered in DECEMBER to let the CIA come in to verify the non-existence of WMD and Colin Powell said Iraq was complying with 1441 at the end of December as well. That is not fucking around.

Conflict does not work like that. You don't agitate for years, adn then at the last second throw up your hands and suddenly the hostility and conflict you have bene create, disappears.

In the real world, brinksmanship games are considered dangerous FOR A REASON.

Saddam should have learned his lesson in the first Gulf War. But he insisted on continuing to provoke and antagonize the US.

i accept that you say that they said that they were planning to resolve it.

But, as I have repeated explained, I find neither you nor them to be credible.

Regardless of your non-facts based observations, why were they planning to resolve it? What was the purpose? What is the relationship to this statement?

Jim Angle.
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Sir, if you haven't already made the choice to go to war, can you tell us what you are waiting to hear or see before you do make that decision?

President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference

I'm hopeful that he does disarm. But, in the name of peace and the security of our people, if he won't do so voluntarily, we will disarm him.

i accept that you say that they said that they were planning to resolve it.

But, as I have repeated explained, I find neither you nor them to be credible.

Regardless of your non-facts based observations, why were they planning to resolve it? What was the purpose? What is the relationship to this statement?

Jim Angle.
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Sir, if you haven't already made the choice to go to war, can you tell us what you are waiting to hear or see before you do make that decision?

President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference

I'm hopeful that he does disarm. But, in the name of peace and the security of our people, if he won't do so voluntarily, we will disarm him.

I tell you that I don't trust that they were serious in their claim to be resolving the issue, and you want me to speculate on their motives for resolving the issue? lol!!!

i have told you that my belief is that their motives were to stop the coming war. THE details of that, these silly intricate games you like to play, are irrelevant.

Conflict does not work like that.
I am citing strictly facts and the public record.

The United States of America through its President George W. Bush agreed to give SH a final opportunity to comply.

This is a fact. It really matters despite 12 years plus of atrocious behavior by the dictator in Iraq he was given (W included) one last final opportunity to comply

PRESS RELEASE
SC/7564
8 NOVEMBER 2002

SECURITY COUNCIL HOLDS IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’ OF DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS, OFFERS FINAL CHANCE TO COMPLY, UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1441 (2002)​

08/11/2002​
Press Release
SC/7564​

Security Council
4644th Meeting (AM)

What does final opportunity to comply mean?

Conflict does not work like that.
I am citing strictly facts and the public record.

The United States of America through its President George W. Bush agreed to give SH a final opportunity to comply.

This is a fact. It really matters despite 12 years plus of atrocious behavior by the dictator in Iraq he was given (W included) one last final opportunity to comply

PRESS RELEASE
SC/7564
8 NOVEMBER 2002

SECURITY COUNCIL HOLDS IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’ OF DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS, OFFERS FINAL CHANCE TO COMPLY, UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1441 (2002)​

08/11/2002​
Press Release
SC/7564​

Security Council
4644th Meeting (AM)

What does final opportunity to comply mean?

And I am saying that conflict does not work like that.

Forum List

Back