Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Don't know, don't care, at this point.

if you do not care why did you bring this in to the conversation?

His personal, informal statement does not trump the formal carefully crafted full justification for the war, laid out in the Authorization.

And now you say you don’t care if that authorization meant W could determine that an invasion of Iraq is not necessary if the WMD issue was resolved as he said he hoped it was going to be on March 6 2003.

That is the way of people. A normal person will be willing to answer a question from a person, but an irrational person, perhaps with aspergers, will keep asking increasingly pointless questions and exhaust the patience of the normal person.

Especially when the topic is decades old and the irrational person is focusing on minute and irrelevant details, for stupid and irrational reasons.
Remember you are dealing with Bagdad Bob...who once claimed you and I were in a cult because we dared to respect one another's different opinions.

The case for the war was determined by W and it was solely on the basis of WMD.

Everything in that statement was wrong.

1. The President does not determine the case for war, by himself. That is why we had a public debate on the issue. The nation as a whole took part of that debate and the authorization, that Biden voted for, was done by CONGRESS, with it's body of democratically elected representatives of the people.

2. AND, that authorization was NOT limited to WMDs

3. That you lie like this, does two things. ONE, it shows that you know you have to lie to defend your position, ie you know your position is wrong, and TWO, that nothing you say, can be given any credibility.

It is established that you are a liar.

That a man focuses on one reason for doing something does not mean that there are not other reasons for doing it.
But his most timely reason for ‘doing something’
as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

Is the above statement an accurate depiction of the facts.

You were trying to make a point about MY support for a past policy, and when I answer you seriously and honestly, you pivot and make a "counter point" that the BUSH administration did not care about that.

Bush was not waiting to decide if the UN Inspectors were able to uncover proof that SH was making payments to families of suicide bombers after 1441 was passed.

How do you explain Bush telling reporters that he will make a determination that it will be necessary to invade Iraq as stipulated in the AUMF only on the basis of whether the IRAQ regime is not going to be disarmed peacefully. And on March 6 2003 Bush stated clearly he had not made a determination that war was necessary for any other reason than WMD. And that would include payments to suicide bomber families.

Fourteen forty-one, the Security Council resolution passed unanimously last fall, said clearly that Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm. He hasn't disarmed. And so we're working with Security Council members to resolve this issue at the Security Council.​
Our demands are that Saddam Hussein disarm. We hope he does. We have worked with the international community to convince him to disarm. If he doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him.​

That last statement will never fit in the context of reality at the time if W was to say:

“If he doesn't stop making payments to suicide bomber families, we'll disarm him.”

The 1441 inspections were not in regards to payments. It was never a justification for war.

You failed to address my point. You changed the topic in the middle of the discussion.

YOu are a dishonest troll.

but he wasn’t...
But in reality he was. It was not SH who was. It was the president of United States who was lying. The overall point is W had no intention of invading Iraq other than on the basis that SH was hiding WMD from the 1441 inspectors. W did not invade Iraq to liberate it. The March 6 press conference makes that clear. W invaded Iraq because HE suspected WMD was being hidden there.

That a man focuses on one reason for doing something does not mean that there are not other reasons for doing it.
Don't try to reason with Bob....

I'm not. I'm imagining a reader who is leaning left, and thinking "that not guy is making some sense, whoa wait a minute, he is not making sense, he is making a fool of himself, and that COrrel, is like an intellectual juggernaut, and probably tall and good looking".

(The left leaning reader solidified as a woman, half way though my post. )

But his most timely reason for ‘doing something’
as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

"Most timely"? Not sure what you mean by that, but what it does not mean, is that you get to pretend that all the others reasons were not also in play.

"Most timely"? Not sure what you mean by that, but what it does not mean, is that you get to pretend that all the others reasons were not also in play.

W’s reason for ‘doing something as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

A funny phenomena is occurring in the GOP right now, these lying jackasses are all trying to act like they were against the War in Iraq, when we all remember that every single one of them across the board supported it 150%. They loved the war in Iraq. War in Iraq was their favorite thing ever.

I don't remember any republican at all what so ever, standing with me against the War in Iraq. I remember these idiot Trumpers calling my a traitor and unpatriotic because I was against the war.

Even a few years ago these people wouldn't admit that the war was a huge failure.

Now these pathetic liars try to act like they were against the war all along, that is how pathetic Trumpers are. These people don't even know what they support or oppose, they wait for Foxnews to tell them what to think, and then just go with it...

You are turning into being quite the liar.

No one on the right loved the war in Iraq. No one on the right loves war.

What they said then was that Iraq was a necessary war in order to get advantage in the war on terror.

The problem is, the war was WON, but no one wanted to leave after that.

We did NOT support nation-building. War means you go in, break everything, then go home.

So, stop your lies.

Not only had Saddam absolutely no part in terrorism, but he was fighting terrorism against al Qaeda in Iraq,
The group was founded by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in 1999, and survived only because he used the NE no fly zone of the Kurds, so Saddam could not attack him.
Attacking Saddam was always wrong, illegal, and based on blatant lies.
Holy fuck! Are you brainwashed or what? Saddam was spending millions of dollars on terrorism against Israel.
That's No reason to go to war in Iraq.

I have no clue why you idiot republicans were so obsessed with your war in Iraq. It was one of the biggest failures in US history. Every single republican was 100% guns blazing, lets go to war in Iraq. You retards loved the war in Iraq. Everyday you failures pumped the war in Iraq. If you opposed the war in Iraq you were labeled a Traitor, by the GOP and Fake Foxnews. Then we went to war in Iraq and Bush and the GOP totally fucked it up something fierce, then they crashed the economy.

The GOP is a total failure and embarrassment. All of the major problems in America are a direct result of failed GOP policy. The GOP has not had any success in the entire 21st Century.
Yeah, because we were at war with terror and those who promoted it. That's no reason to go to war!

Stupid fuck.
Again if you think the war in Iraq was good and successful, then you are flat out retarded. You have proven yourself to be completely un-credible.

W’s reason for ‘doing something as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

"was tied"? Sure. Of course, it was never the sole reason as you are trying to pretend.

Two sentences and you will cut one, so that you can pretend I agreed with your point, and then you will build additional shit on top of that, and then attack me based on your lies.

"was tied"? Sure. Of course, it was never the sole reason as you are trying to pretend.

W’s reason for invading Iraq as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

Just to be sure. Is the above statement an accurate depiction of the facts.

Do you agree W said this regarding 1441 on March 6 2003:

Fourteen forty-one, the Security Council resolution passed unanimously last fall, said clearly that Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm. He hasn't disarmed. And so we're working with Security Council members to resolve this issue at the Security Council.​

Our demands are that Saddam Hussein disarm. We hope he does. We have worked with the international community to convince him to disarm. If he doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him.​

What did W mean when he said “Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm.”?

W’s reason for invading Iraq as he stated was tied to the United Nations Security Council resolution 1441 and all the related inspections activity as it was related to international law in regards to Iraq’s suspected weapons of mass destruction.

And you did exactly as I predicted. You cut the majority of my post so that you could lie about what I said, by cutting important context.

Though you did manage to restrain yourself from building upon top of your lies and then attacking me personally based on your inventions.

Good for you.

And you did exactly as I predicted. You cut the majority of my post so that you could lie about what I said, by cutting important context.

Though you did manage to restrain yourself from building upon top of your lies and then attacking me personally based on your inventions.

Good for you.
Remember when Bob got on TV and said the US forces were losing and not a single tank had enter Baghdad....while we saw and heard tanks on the TV screen? It was epic propaganda.

Always remember that is who you are dealing with here

Good for you.
Remember when Bob got on TV and said the US forces were losing and not a single tank had enter Baghdad....while we saw and heard tanks on the TV screen? It was epic propaganda.

Always remember that is who you are dealing with here

From this point on, he doesn't get to say ANYTHING, and have it taken seriously.

He says "water is wet" and I'm not going to accept it, except conditionally for discussion purposes only.

Two sentences and you will cut one, so that you can pretend I agreed with your point, and then you will build additional shit on top of that, and then attack me based on your lies.

instead of answering a couple of valid questions you decided to lie:

You liar. First you said..... “Two sentences and you will cut one,” ......

So I made sure I cited “Both” sentences:

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
B944F69F-C4F7-48B0-922A-B502A0D80CE1.jpeg

You are a liar. My post did not say that you “agreed with” my point. You are a liar.

I asked you to confirm something and I asked this;

Fourteen forty-one, the Security Council resolution passed unanimously last fall, said clearly that Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm. He hasn't disarmed. And so we're working with Security Council members to resolve this issue at the Security Council.

President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference

Our demands are that Saddam Hussein disarm. We hope he does. We have worked with the international community to convince him to disarm. If he doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him.

Last edited:
He says "water is wet" and I'm not going to accept it, except conditionally for discussion purposes only.
Why won’t you answer the following?

Just to be sure. Is the above statement an accurate depiction of the facts?

Do you agree W said this regarding 1441 on March 6 2003?

Fourteen forty-one, the Security Council resolution passed unanimously last fall, said clearly that Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm. He hasn't disarmed. And so we're working with Security Council members to resolve this issue at the Security Council.

Our demands are that Saddam Hussein disarm. We hope he does. We have worked with the international community to convince him to disarm. If he doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him.

Here it is. Do You agree this is the authorization?

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the 'Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002'.

SECTION. 2. SUPPORT FOR UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS.
The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to --

(1) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to --

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.

(b) PRESIDENTIAL DETERMINATION- In connection with the exercise of the authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such exercise or as soon thereafter as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that --

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or (B) is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and

(2) acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorist and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

(c) War Powers Resolution Requirements-

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this joint resolution supersedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

SEC. 4. REPORTS TO CONGRESS.

(a) REPORTS- The President shall, at least once every 60 days, submit to the Congress a report on matters relevant to this joint resolution, including actions taken pursuant to the exercise of authority granted in section 3 and the status of planning for efforts that are expected to be required after such actions are completed, including those actions described in section 7 of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-338).

(b) SINGLE CONSOLIDATED REPORT- To the extent that the submission of any report described in subsection (a) coincides with the submission of any other report on matters relevant to this joint resolution otherwise required to be submitted to Congress pursuant to the reporting requirements of the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148), all such reports may be submitted as a single consolidated report to the Congress.

(c) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION- To the extent that the information required by section 3 of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1) is included in the report required by this section, such report shall be considered as meeting the requirements of section 3 of such resolution.

1. The President does not determine the case for war, by himself.
as he determines .. as he determines

(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to --

to be necessary​

Last edited:

Are you saying this?

That a sitting Christian US President focuses on one reason to invade a Muslim does not mean that there are not other reasons for doing it.

instead of answering a couple of valid questions you decided to lie:

You liar. First you said..... “Two sentences and you will cut one,” ......

So I made sure I cited “Both” sentences:

View attachment 498820

You are a liar. My post did not say that you “agreed with” my point. You are a liar.

I asked you to confirm something and I asked this;

Alright, I admit you did not cut it, you just responded as though it did not exist.

Still, it is worth noting that that was an honest mistake on my part, caused by many days of you being a dishonest bad faith actor in this discussion.

And of course, you are holding consistent with assuming any mistake is a "lie", can ONLY be a "lie".

There is something really, really wrong with your brain.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Here it is. Do You agree this is the authorization?

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the 'Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002'.

SECTION. 2. SUPPORT FOR UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS.
The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to --

(1) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.

(b) PRESIDENTIAL DETERMINATION- In connection with the exercise of the authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such exercise or as soon thereafter as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that --

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or (B) is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and

(2) acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorist and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

(c) War Powers Resolution Requirements-

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this joint resolution supersedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

SEC. 4. REPORTS TO CONGRESS.

(a) REPORTS- The President shall, at least once every 60 days, submit to the Congress a report on matters relevant to this joint resolution, including actions taken pursuant to the exercise of authority granted in section 3 and the status of planning for efforts that are expected to be required after such actions are completed, including those actions described in section 7 of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-338).

(b) SINGLE CONSOLIDATED REPORT- To the extent that the submission of any report described in subsection (a) coincides with the submission of any other report on matters relevant to this joint resolution otherwise required to be submitted to Congress pursuant to the reporting requirements of the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148), all such reports may be submitted as a single consolidated report to the Congress.

(c) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION- To the extent that the information required by section 3 of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1) is included in the report required by this section, such report shall be considered as meeting the requirements of section 3 of such resolution.

Weird, why no link?

Try this one. Mmm, 12 listed points. So many more than one.

The resolution cited many factors as justifying the use of military force against Iraq:[3][4]

Forum List

Back