What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you see this coming?

Did you see this violence coming?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think this is isolated.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WatertheTree

Reaction score
Freedom is a precious choice. We have devalued ours through decades of apathy and silent consent to the Oligarchy.

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
It appears that secular humanism isn't exactly on everyone's agenda for Egypt.

Que surprise!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Reaction score
This article didn't mention the muslim brotherhood, at least i didn't see it....but i know it's been reported that they were taking over (heard it somewhere!)...as soon as i heard that though i knew there would be alot of trouble. All that was done was to put the land in the hands of the enemy and haters. And i agree, the same will happen in Libya. And our president supported this...good going! :(

Jackson

Gold Member
Reaction score
Although we are a free country and people are free to dissent and protest, I did expect small groups such as what we saw during the Vietnam era and what we are seeing now.

I also have been worried with race relations since the president has been office and his divisive attitude he brought to the office and in some of his judgement calls. What was a bringing together of us all has turned to the opposite since his presidency has continued. This is so unfortunate and wasn't foreseen.

We have had a good life here in the US. Even the poor live well when compared to other countries when you see they have electronics in their home and are usually living in homes and apartments. We are entering a time now where sacrifices may be necessary and our people are not used to this. Everyone will have to do their part and this may cause friction and suggestions of class warfare and a "take from other" attitude is starting.

Last edited:

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Reaction score
60 Minutes had a piece on the situation last evening, it seems the generals are still in charge. It's gonna be a tough fight. Religious intolerance is often a harder obstacle to overcome, consider only the attitude of the Christian right in America on Romney's religion.

Iridescence

Rookie
Reaction score
Although we are a free country and people are free to dissent and protest, I did expect small groups such as what we saw during the Vietnam era and what we are seeing now.

I also have been worried with race relations since the president has been office and his divisive attitude he brought to the office and in some of his judgement calls. What was a bringing together of us all has turned to the opposite since his presidency has continued. This is so unfortunate and wasn't foreseen.

We have had a good life here in the US. Even the poor live well when compared to other countries when you see they have electronics in their home and are usually living in homes and apartments. We are entering a time now where sacrifices may be necessary and our people are not used to this. Everyone will have to do their part and this may cause friction and suggestions of class warfare and a "take from other" attitude is starting.

Perhaps sacrifices have always been necessary, just not within mainstream. I don't know if I would necessarily blame this administration over any other. It seems to have been a process and continues to be so.

As far as Egypt is concerned, it seems a bit overdue and has been building momentum for a very long time.

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Si modo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
60 Minutes had a piece on the situation last evening, it seems the generals are still in charge. It's gonna be a tough fight. Religious intolerance is often a harder obstacle to overcome, consider only the attitude of the Christian right in America on Romney's religion.
The left is much more bigoted in that respect than the right is. But, count on you to be clueless and/or dishonest about that.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Christians in Egypt have been stirring up trouble for a long time.

The people of Egypt are just displaying their dissatisfaction with the Christians behavior.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Christian Egyptians that I have come in to contact with are very anti-Muslim.

Now they are facing the consequences of their actions.

They need to learn to modify their behavior are else leave the country. :cool:

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Reaction score

The people of Egypt are just displaying their dissatisfaction with the Christians behavior.

Only in the mind of an idiot like Sunni boy would burning Christian Churchs, kidnapping and raping Christain Women be defined as "displaying their dissatisfaction" Sunni boy your a joke.:cuckoo:

Si modo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Christian Egyptians that I have come in to contact with are very anti-Muslim.

So you say. I don't believe you, though.

.... Now they are facing the consequences of their actions.

And why would I be surprised that a Muslim would support violence against others, destruction of property, killing, and raping by other Muslims?

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
Reaction score

Your a jackass.... sorry, but it is what it is.
:cuckoo:

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Sorry, it's the fuckface's on the left that continually bring up Romney's Mormonism...

Full-Auto

Gold Member
Reaction score

Now they are facing the consequences of their actions.

Just curious...

are there any other pedophile prophets you want to tell us about, other then Mohamed.

OP
Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Reaction score

A 10% of the population is going to do a lot of stirring.

Even if they did, it does not excuse violence.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List