Did Jesus Wrestle With The Flesh and Spirit?

Yu are just putting words in my mouth.
Polytheism is worshipping more than one God.
Gnostics only worship one God. The true God.
But acknowledges that God is not alone. There is a system in heaven of numerous entities. The Christian Bible says the exact same thing, just doesn't spell it out like Gnostic writings do.
Gnostic Christians believe two Gods exist; an evil God who is the God of the material world as described in the OT and the good God who is the God of the spiritual world as described in the NT. That's two Gods. That's polytheism.

On face value Gnostic Christianity starts from an indefensible position. There are no texts which exist that even make the claim that there are two Gods.

I don't believe that. Everything is choice.
Think about Jesus he had no choice but to fulfill the OT scriptures, mother Mary had no choice but to give birth to Jesus.

I am begging to think it was all scripted I tried to run away from God but he kept dragging me back to my destiny

Think about Jesus he had no choice but to fulfill the OT scriptures, mother Mary had no choice but to give birth to Jesus.

I am begging to think it was all scripted I tried to run away from God but he kept dragging me back to my destiny
Luke 1:38 says Mary did have a choice.

Believing one has no choice in what they do is a slippery slope and diametrically opposed to the truth. Your destiny is what you make of it. You have control. Unless of course you surrender that control to others.

Think of it this way, if God had control and scripted everything out there would be no sin in the material world. As for you believing that you had no control but to be led to God, you are selling yourself short. You made it happen by moving towards God. God responded to your call.

Luke 1:38 says Mary did have a choice.

Believing one has no choice in what they do is a slippery slope and diametrically opposed to the truth. Your destiny is what you make of it. You have control. Unless of course you surrender that control to others.

Think of it this way, if God had control and scripted everything out there would be no sin in the material world. As for you believing that you had no control but to be led to God, you are selling yourself short. You made it happen by moving towards God. God responded to your call.
Luke 1:38 doesn't sound like a choice to me, the angel was there what was she supposed to say? No time for her to think about it.

And...

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.

Plus all the many chosen verses in the Bible

Luke 1:38 doesn't sound like a choice to me, the angel was there what was she supposed to say? No time for her to think about it.

And...

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.

Plus all the many chosen verses in the Bible

If she didn't have a choice she wouldn't have need to give her permission to let everything the angel said to her happen to her.

him who works all things according to the counsel of his will
Yes, for those who work all things according to the counsel of God's will those people will naturally have a relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. But inherent in that predestination is that the ones who works all things to God's way, must choose to work all things God's way.

Have you ever looked up the definition of fatalism? Because fatalism means believing nothing one does matters. Surely you believe that what you do matters, right?

Yes, for those who work all things according to the counsel of God's will those people will naturally have a relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. But inherent in that predestination is that the ones who works all things to God's way, must choose to work all things God's way.

Have you ever looked up the definition of fatalism? Because fatalism means believing nothing one does matters. Surely you believe that what you do matters, right?
I think that's what I have been thinking about now in my spiritual journey, I don't think I ever had free will, I kind of think we are just gods playthings because he was bored and wanted something to do

Gnostic Christians believe two Gods exist; an evil God who is the God of the material world as described in the OT and the good God who is the God of the spiritual world as described in the NT. That's two Gods. That's polytheism.

On face value Gnostic Christianity starts from an indefensible position. There are no texts which exist that even make the claim that there are two Gods.
You need to do some more study.
There are numerous texts about the Godhood. Numerous. They are just not in the KJV.
And you are dismissing your own Bible.
Who is the Holy Spirit? There are no texts that specifically say who this being is. Not one. All you have is much later scholars offer opinions as to who it is. But the Christian Bible places a special high ranking to this entity. A person can speak blasphemy and ill words against God himself and still receive grace. But if a man speaks blasphemy against the Holy Ghost it is unforgivable.
How is it the same being? Why is it worse speaking against the Holy Ghost than God himself? If they are the same, then why the distinction?
Who are angels? The bible doesn't say who they are. The Bible is clear about an angel Hierarchy, but doesn't explain that hierarchy. The Gnostics simply offer interpretations and theories as to what God is that is based on The Secret Book of John, a book omitted from the Christian Bible.

I can identify with Gnostics, insomuch as the core of their belief is that your salvation is dependent on your OWN actions and relationship with God. The Gnostics were murdered and massacred by Catholics and Christians for the simple fact their belief system removed their power. The Gnostics believe, LIKE PAUL, that there is no man on earth higher than any other man. This was denounce by Catholics for obvious reasons.

And just sayin... one of the reasons that people don't believe in the Bible is the complete divide between the OT God and the NT God. This has been a burning question for ages. How on earth can a being who directed his followers to murder, cause war and explicitly express them to kill even the small children of your enemies. Chastise and stone people to death... and that is just the beginning. But then we have the God of the NT... Love is the answer, be peaceful and love the sinners... in fact you should hang out with them. If a sinner is unjust to you, turn your cheek and let him do it again.
These two descriptions are 100% - 100% in complete opposition to each other.
You have to understand, this is very very difficult for intelligent people to believe they are the same.

When He was tempted in the desert by Satan? Even though He never actually sinned though.
Was he tempted or "tried to be tempted".... which/what translations can you believe? If you believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, how is that even possible?

Preacher's Pressure-Tactic

If you're going to push on us an ancient nobody whom nobody can prove did anything special, then you should expect push-back.

I'm not pushing anything on anybody, this is the religious section dumbass. :rolleyes:

Was he tempted or "tried to be tempted".... which/what translations can you believe? If you believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, how is that even possible?

He was tempted and that's because He was human.

I think that's what I have been thinking about now in my spiritual journey, I don't think I ever had free will, I kind of think we are just gods playthings because he was bored and wanted something to do
I see it the other way around. It is because we have free will that we sin. If we didn't sin we would be doing the will of the Father and would technically NOT have free will. It's complicated.

I see it the other way around. It is because we have free will that we sin. If we didn't sin we would be doing the will of the Father and would technically NOT have free will. It's complicated.
If we did not have "free will" we would be robots...... God wants us to love him of our own volition.

And just sayin... one of the reasons that people don't believe in the Bible is the complete divide between the OT God and the NT God. This has been a burning question for ages. How on earth can a being who directed his followers to murder, cause war and explicitly express them to kill even the small children of your enemies. Chastise and stone people to death... and that is just the beginning. But then we have the God of the NT... Love is the answer, be peaceful and love the sinners... in fact you should hang out with them. If a sinner is unjust to you, turn your cheek and let him do it again.
These two descriptions are 100% - 100% in complete opposition to each other.
You have to understand, this is very very difficult for intelligent people to believe they are the same.
That's on them for not seeking what the authors intended to convey. Like I said before, if you come away thinking the authors intended to make God come off as evil and petty and cruel, then you have misread the authors intent and come away with not even trying to find the author's intent. Read the poems. Read the songs.

Forum List

Back