Did Jesus Wrestle With The Flesh and Spirit?

When He was tempted in the desert by Satan? Even though He never actually sinned though.
How about when he threw a fit at the market place. Or the tantrum he threw at age 12 when he complained is there no one to teach me. Why do you think his parents sent him on packing on that caravan to Gaspar. When he was born, Gaspar predicted this day would come and they should send him to him for further study. He taught him all he could then he sent him on to India so he could learn from the Buddha. That's why there is no local info on Christ until he finally returned at age 30.

It is more than possible that Jesus's human body did not resurrect.
Remember when he came back, none of the disciples recognized him. The Christian Bible does not clarify why that was. Mary Magdalene who was very close to Jesus, thought he was a gardener and had moved the body. And it wasn't until he spoke to her and showed her it was him.
These people traveled with Jesus for years... and no one recognized him?? yeah

When He was tempted in the desert by Satan? Even though He never actually sinned though.
Question how could the devil give Jesus what Jesus already owned?

Jesus- Are you there dad.png

Remember when he came back, none of the disciples recognized him. The Christian Bible does not clarify why that was. Mary Magdalene who was very close to Jesus, thought he was a gardener and had moved the body. And it wasn't until he spoke to her and showed her it was him.
Doubting Thomas , he put his hands in Jesus wounds

Doubting Thomas , he put his hands in Jesus wounds
Other teachings tells that he placed the scars as a remembrance to the sacrifice, which marveled the disciples and they fell to their knees.
Basically, no one recognized him. That is very clear in the Bible. Not even Mary Magdalene. These people traveled daily with Jesus and witnessed miracles... they wouldn't simply not recognize him standing with them and talking to them. That is pure bunk. Thomas told him to show his wounds then, and this man made wounds appear. It was then they saw this was Jesus in another form.
Gnostics believe this explanation was either not written, or was removed due to no one would believe them.
Keep in mind. This is by no means a belief that it wasn't Jesus. But that he took on another form, as his earthly body was dead. The Bible is an extremely vague book. The Bible in several passages says straight up no one recognized this man who said he was Jesus. But doesn't explain why. The Bible does that a lot.
The Gnostics filled that in, in an interpretation that the reason was because he was of a different form, and made the wounds appear in front of them which marveled them... and then they saw it was Jesus.
There is no more reason that this interpretation is any "crazier" than it was his original body... that for some strange reason not one person close to him recognized him

You appear to be all over the map with your beliefs. Who do you say Jesus is?

Other teachings tells that he placed the scars as a remembrance to the sacrifice, which marveled the disciples and they fell to their knees.
Basically, no one recognized him. That is very clear in the Bible. Not even Mary Magdalene. These people traveled daily with Jesus and witnessed miracles... they wouldn't simply not recognize him standing with them and talking to them. That is pure bunk. Thomas told him to show his wounds then, and this man made wounds appear. It was then they saw this was Jesus in another form.
Gnostics believe this explanation was either not written, or was removed due to no one would believe them.
Keep in mind. This is by no means a belief that it wasn't Jesus. But that he took on another form, as his earthly body was dead. The Bible is an extremely vague book. The Bible in several passages says straight up no one recognized this man who said he was Jesus. But doesn't explain why. The Bible does that a lot.
The Gnostics filled that in, in an interpretation that the reason was because he was of a different form, and made the wounds appear in front of them which marveled them... and then they saw it was Jesus.
There is no more reason that this interpretation is any "crazier" than it was his original body... that for some strange reason not one person close to him recognized him
GreatestIam claims to be a Gnostic Christian like you. Have you ever read any of his OP's?

You appear to be all over the map with your beliefs. Who do you say Jesus is?
Nay, I just don't subscribe to the legalistic view that the KJV is the one and only source of truths. Or modern variations based on KJV.
In the KJV even, there are numerous passages that deal with beings other than God and Jesus. It suggests hierarchy within angels. There is the mystery of who exactly is the Holy Ghost. The Bible offers zero explanation for this. There are numerous scholars who say what they believe, but it is based on loose interpretations that may or may not be true.
I am not a Gnostic. I only said that when I heard and read Gnostic beliefs and writings.. holy cow did it make sense of a lot of HUGE gaps in the Bible. And there is nothing wrong with that. The KJV is only a collection of heavily edited and redacted writings. There are numerous other writings that King James did not want to include. Modern scholars say that what King James did was "Democratize Christianity".
Because of the vagueness of the Bible itself, and numerous writings by numerous scholars there were many divisions among Christian churches. The King sought to create a unified Bible that could settle the differences. He achieved that by redacting contentious parts and injected his own beliefs. And left out whole books that existed before.
There is no true Bible. That is simply true. What we have was a chosen collection of writings. Plenty others exist that have equal legitimacy.

Nay, I just don't subscribe to the legalistic view that the KJV is the one and only source of truths. Or modern variations based on KJV.
In the KJV even, there are numerous passages that deal with beings other than God and Jesus. It suggests hierarchy within angels. There is the mystery of who exactly is the Holy Ghost. The Bible offers zero explanation for this. There are numerous scholars who say what they believe, but it is based on loose interpretations that may or may not be true.
I am not a Gnostic. I only said that when I heard and read Gnostic beliefs and writings.. holy cow did it make sense of a lot of HUGE gaps in the Bible. And there is nothing wrong with that. The KJV is only a collection of heavily edited and redacted writings. There are numerous other writings that King James did not want to include. Modern scholars say that what King James did was "Democratize Christianity".
Because of the vagueness of the Bible itself, and numerous writings by numerous scholars there were many divisions among Christian churches. The King sought to create a unified Bible that could settle the differences. He achieved that by redacting contentious parts and injected his own beliefs. And left out whole books that existed before.
There is no true Bible. That is simply true. What we have was a chosen collection of writings. Plenty others exist that have equal legitimacy.
Not sure how you think polytheism makes sense or where you believe it is supported in any texts, canonized or otherwise.

Not sure how you think polytheism makes sense or where you believe it is supported in any texts, canonized or otherwise.
Yu are just putting words in my mouth.
Polytheism is worshipping more than one God.
Gnostics only worship one God. The true God.
But acknowledges that God is not alone. There is a system in heaven of numerous entities. The Christian Bible says the exact same thing, just doesn't spell it out like Gnostic writings do.

Yu are just putting words in my mouth.
Polytheism is worshipping more than one God.
Gnostics only worship one God. The true God.
But acknowledges that God is not alone. There is a system in heaven of numerous entities. The Christian Bible says the exact same thing, just doesn't spell it out like Gnostic writings do.
Created man after OUR own image

Christians always try to explain that verse in Genesis meaning the Trinity which I always thought it was bullshit

Forum List

Back