Did Jesus Wrestle With The Flesh and Spirit?

I don't know how God operates.... I'd be rich if I did!
Grin. God operates outside of wealth. Remember the rich young man being advised to get rid of his wealth? Be careful what you wish for...you may end up poorer than you are now. ;)

God didn't write the bible. Men did.

Thank you!!! This is the first time I ever heard this phrase from another Christian beside myself. So on that note, you might understand why I don't always take the Bible literally and word for word since Jesus didn't say He said some of the stuff that I don't agree with that He said. Men said He said it.

Nay. I don't care what an author intended.
Telling a story where "The God of love" instructs his followers to commit mass murder, and specifically instructs them to kill the children also is not loving. Period. No "intent" needed.
Now, if you are saying that the OT is just a collection of fictional stories, then they had a very strange way of showing what love is.
The Neanderthal Didn't Die Out; They Were Killed Off

The Hebrews were surrounded by subhuman desert savages. Nothing wrong with completely wiping out a threat to human progress. Do you really think that the Paleonasties, whose young children suicide-bomb Israelis, deserve any better treatment?

Thank you!!! This is the first time I ever heard this phrase from another Christian beside myself. So on that note, you might understand why I don't always take the Bible literally and word for word since Jesus didn't say He said some of the stuff that I don't agree with that He said. Men said He said it.
Jesus wasn't telling a parable at the last supper. You can tell when Jesus is telling a parable. It's always a story involving other people.

Jesus wasn't telling a parable at the last supper. You can tell when Jesus is telling a parable. It's always a story involving other people.

Mind refreshing my memory so I know what exactly you're talking about?

Oh. And yeah how could somebody always take the Bible literally when there are lots of parables in it?
What many Christians don't know, is that the Bible was not written by the name of the book. Example Matthew is generally accepted as to not have written "Matthew", as well as the other Gospels. There are differences of opinion as to when they were wrote, and who wrote them but it is widely accepted that it was, at the very least, 100 years after Matthew, Mark etc. died.
So when you read the "red letters" in the Bible that are attributed to Jesus... it would be impossible to know if that is what he said. Since not only did no one write what he said down, but no one wrote down even what the Apostles said. These are based on passed down accounts of what it believed to be their stories. Even the Catholics admit that the Gospels were written by different authors "influenced by the words of Peter".
It is not even known where they were wrote down. Believed to be in Rome, but the dialect studies argue that the original text is not by someone living in Rome but more rural.

Watch "The Last Temptation of Christ."

It doesn't follow the modern Bible. It's based on one of the older Bibles that the Church decided wasn't very accurate.

But it's still worth a watch.

But my hunch is that since Jesus == God, he was never tempted.

\That's not what the Bible says.

Yu are just putting words in my mouth.
Polytheism is worshipping more than one God.
Gnostics only worship one God. The true God.
But acknowledges that God is not alone. There is a system in heaven of numerous entities. The Christian Bible says the exact same thing, just doesn't spell it out like Gnostic writings do.
Our myths do that fore sure, but we are not literalists or hold any supernatural beliefs.

Check the Gnostic Cathars and see that their highest form of God and man is a Parfait or perfected human.

If we believed in the supernatural, we would not dare condemn Yahweh to hell the way we do.

Regards
DL

Not the right question.
The right question is just how big of an ego does it take to bring someone to the point of killing their only child to prove their loyalty?
About the same today when Christians have to hate their gay children or reduce their worth to below men if they are girl children.

Only the Abrahamic cults make one hate his God created children.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back