Did Jesus exist before his Earthly birth?

Jesus is the Word, and the Word is with God, and the Word is God.... if I remember the passage correctly, so my answer is yes, before made man, He existed

Last edited:
I guess he did gestate for 9 months, and anyone who believe's he's 'God' would assert that he 'was' here before he made that trip down the ole GloryHole.

Unless the trinity was previously a binary.

a7a68252c4a9bb258e71c3aa60bb0172.jpg

He said that he did.
"Before Abraham was, I am."
This, by the way, demonstrates one of the fundamental, irrefutable errors in the Koran.

We are all re-incarnations of past lives, so yes, Jesus could have lived lives before his.

John 17:5
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Hebrews 1:2
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Ephesians 3:9
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:14-17
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Last edited:
Yes, that is correct. Mankind also existed before coming to this earth.

Revelation 12:7-12
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

There was a war in heaven before we came to this earth. Satan and his followers were cast out into the earth without receiving a body of flesh and bones. Michael and his followers eventually came to this earth also but they received bodies of flesh and bones. According to verse 11, Michael and his followers could overcome Satan and his followers by the blood of the Lamb. These followers of Michael who once fought again Satan in the war in heaven came to this earth and were subject to death and became mortals. They needed to rely on the blood of Jesus Christ to overcome Satan and his followers.

The knowledge of a pre-mortal existence led the Apostles to ask the following question:

John 9:1-3
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

One must ask, How could the blind man sin before he was born if he didn't exist? Jesus doesn't put down their question as a false premise but merely tells them that neither has this man sinned nor his parents.

Here are a list of references to the concept of pre-mortal existence:

• God of the spirits of all flesh, Num. 16:22 (27:16).

• all the sons of God shouted for joy, Job 38:7.

• the spirit shall return unto God who gave it, Eccl. 12:7.

• Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, Jer. 1:5.

• Lord … formeth the spirit of man within him, Zech. 12:1.
  • who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind, John 9:2.

• poets have said, For we are also his offspring, Acts 17:28.

• For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate, Rom. 8:29.

• chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4.

• subjection unto the Father of spirits, Heb. 12:9.

• angels which kept not their first estate, Jude 1:6.

• Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, Rev. 12:7.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back