Did dot.com bust, 9/11,worst HURRICANE SEASONS happen and who's fault???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Would someone tell me what other Presidency had any events of these magnitude happen:

1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001
Contributed to businesses letting people go...i.e. contributed to UNEMPLOYMENT!!!

2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs
$5 trillion in losses created lower tax revenue..
SOURCE:The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

3) A minor event --- 9/11!
a) 800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
b) $1 trillion in assets lost destroyed... thus reducing tax revenue!
SOURCE:The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

4) What kind of weather events equal to these:
SOURCE: Kiplinger - Interstitial
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
That combined COST nearly ) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history![/U][/B]
The worst Katrina,made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.
Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed.
Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing.
The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

Again... what other president had these gigantic world changing events happen in their presidency?

I want some honest responses especially from idiot conservatives who said: "Bush spent like a drunken sailor".. because I want you to prove it!
Prove how BUSH Spent like a drunken sailor when Wall Street stopped for 10 days! Airlines stopped for 3 days! When $7 trillion in assets gone!
Assets that generated tax revenue..businesses, investments etc.... GONE!
Tell me Where YOU conservatives that say "Bush was spending like a drunken sailor"...what would you have done???

Last edited:
And the whole time you assholes were denying that that weather was unusual. So which is it, we are seeing very unusual weather since 2000, or there really isn't anything unusual happening? You can't have it both ways just because you want to defend the abysmal record of President Bush.

And the whole time you assholes were denying that that weather was unusual. So which is it, we are seeing very unusual weather since 2000, or there really isn't anything unusual happening? You can't have it both ways just because you want to defend the abysmal record of President Bush.

So where are all of the big hurricanes that were predicted by the global warming crowd after Katrina? Robert Kennedy, Jr.? Haven't heard SHIT from your mouth since your prediction of "multiple hurricanes every year" didn't pan out.

No matter how hard The Weather Channel pimps the whole global warming/climate change myth, they can't invent hurricanes. I'm sure Jim Cantore and the other climate change salesmen must be losing sleep over the lack of hurricanes in the past several years.

So where are all of the big hurricanes that were predicted by the global warming crowd after Katrina? Robert Kennedy, Jr.? Haven't heard SHIT from your mouth since your prediction of "multiple hurricanes every year" didn't pan out.

No matter how hard The Weather Channel pimps the whole global warming/climate change myth, they can't invent hurricanes. I'm sure Jim Cantore and the other climate change salesmen must be losing sleep over the lack of hurricanes in the past several years.

Hey dumb fuck, you have never heard me predicting multiple hurricanes every year. What you have heard is that the warming and climate changes it results in will create weather that has wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Exactly what we have been seeing.

Geez you can't even admit these events occurred.
I wasn't blaming Bush or anyone. Just stating facts and you can't handle the facts!

What does the weather have to do with his post overall? It is about disasters that Bush had to contend with, natural and manmade.

He forgot one, though, the Chinese kidnapping our air force crew as well.

What does the weather have to do with his post overall? It is about disasters that Bush had to contend with, natural and manmade.

And the Iraq disaster, over a trillion there, going on 2 trillion with wounded and other Vets.

And the Iraq disaster, over a trillion there, going on 2 trillion with wounded and other Vets.

The Iraq war actually stimulated the economy. As illustrated that by ending the war it had very little effect on the deficit.

recycling your same material over and over is insanity

go outdoors man, you made this thread like 30 times already

Hey dumb fuck, you have never heard me predicting multiple hurricanes every year. What you have heard is that the warming and climate changes it results in will create weather that has wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Exactly what we have been seeing.

Not it is not what we are seeing when the data is looked at honestly not by sound bites by the MSM every time there is a storm.

tornadotrend1.jpg

global_major_freq.png

Why it seems that severe weather is ?getting worse? when the data shows otherwise ? a historical perspective | Watts Up With That?

Last edited:

DOD costs were $757.8 billion for the Iraq war.
It is sad the costs of war on our soldiers, there is no price tag that can be attached, however just as with the ww's, that it was soldiers do- fight. Compared with Viet Nam and the ww's, thankfully we have innovatively been able to greatly lessen those tragedies. And I have family that have and still do serve and some have disabilities.

2 trillion? We liberated a country, even though Obama has screwed that up. Obama has spent 7 trillion and what do we have to show for it?

recycling your same material over and over is insanity

go outdoors man, you made this thread like 30 times already

I will continue to ask where were people like you when these monumental events occurred which obviously you and your ilk seem to ignore.
Historians won't ignore. When they write about the period from 2001 to 2008 they will describe monumental events equal to
Pearl Harbor. Hurricane SEASONS without comparison. Recessions and dot.com bust costing trillions of dollars in tax revenue over time!
All events occurring in one administration is unparalleled!

Of course you weren't born yet I take it!

Keep going, you seem completely sane and rational obsessing your life over this.

Keep going, you seem completely sane and rational obsessing your life over this.

I guess I don't understand how people just 13 years later have totally forgotten all these monumental events.
Pearl Harbor and it's affect on the country was monumental.
So too was 9/11 but in any mention of GWB presidency all we hear is "Spent like a drunken sailor" and that's from conservatives!
What is it with you people that you've totally totally ignored what the historians will show was a great president that under events
NO other President has ever faced.. Recession and 9/11 and anthrax attacks and worst hurricane SEASONS..not one but dozens over several years..and yet... in spite of these:

Largest Gross Domestic Product in history!!
When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

So starting in 2001 132,548,000 people were working.
At the end of 2008 138,056,000 people working..
GAIN: 5,508,000 people working.... !

ppl don't forget.

they just don't give as big of an ulcer as you do

get some enrichment in your life dude

ppl don't forget.

they just don't give as big of an ulcer as you do

get some enrichment in your life dude

No the problem is idiots put this dick in office BECAUSE IDIOTS believed the BIASED MSM especially when you see these quotes and you tell me that the masses of people have been grossly misled about how GREAT Obama is and HOW BAD Bush was!

Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters
OK.. BASH BUSH and ignorant readers like MOST uninformed people say YEA Bush BAD!!!!

..........But when it comes to Obama ... any bashing here???
COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

So there are a few people out there evidently as smart or smarter then I am to see the direct correlation between the vast majority of
uninformed people obviously you being one of them who bELIEVE hook line and sinker we lost in Vietnam, we lost in Iraq, and Bush spent like
a drunken sailor and Bush was an idiot ... all the while idiots like Thomas EDITOR OF NEWSWEEK and other totally biased people believe
Obama can walk on WATER!!! "sort of God"!!!

Do you believe Obama is "sort of God"?? I don't think so BUT you obviously think Bush was the fault,etc. Iraq was wrong even though we've
saved nearly 2 million children from starving.. you weren't in favor of getting rid of Saddam so he could starve these 2 million kids... you approve of that?

I give Bush a solid mulligan on the 2001 recession...which began a grand total of 6 weeks into his presidency. 911......there were plenty of missed opportunities among the FBI in particular. But no real actionable evidence at Bush's level that could have prevented it.

Forum List

Back