Did Anyone Watch The Oscars Last Night?

Who is Oscar? Wasn't he a character in the Odd Couple?

The Oscars. That's where idiots pay to buy a TV, pay for electricity, then pay for cable, so they can sit around watching a bunch of Hollywood dicksuckers you don't know, don't like and will never meet who insult you all year round suck each other's dicks off and get rewarded for it.

I didn't watch it. Haven't watched it in years.

But looking at the awards and how who got them was interesting.

The best picture was 'Nomadland'.....a story about a homeless woman dealing with living in America.

One of the best actor awards went to Sir Anthony Hopkins who played a man dealing with Dementia.

Also....it appears that the Chinese have invaded the Academy because best director went to Chloé Zhao.

Best Song went to 'Fight For You' about cops killing blacks.

If you're looking for anything positive.....forget about Hollywood.

I'm always amused by someone starting a thread about how they DIDN'T watch something or didn't do something......."Look at ME! I didn't watch the Oscars!"

You're like one of those cruddy little beetles that fly around like loonies, bumpin up against a hot light bulb over and again.

So you want to get on here to brag about not watching a tv show too?

The best picture was 'Nomadland'.....a story about a homeless woman dealing with living in America.

One of the best actor awards went to Sir Anthony Hopkins who played a man dealing with Dementia.

Also....it appears that the Chinese have invaded the Academy because best director went to Chloé Zhao.

I'm always amused by someone starting a thread about how they DIDN'T watch something or didn't do something......."Look at ME! I didn't watch the Oscars!"

You're like one of those cruddy little beetles that fly around like loonies, bumpin up against a hot light bulb over and again.

So you want to get on here to brag about not watching a tv show too?

Yup

I didn't have to watch live a bomb dropping on Hiroshima to know it's effect either.
I hope you watched that award show. That's 3 hours well wasted.

It sounds like the academy made a bold statement on behalf of the American people.

The chosen movies will now make the same statement over and over again, due to the recommendation the winning choices are meant to demonstrate.

Pro or con, it's a powerful political statement on what will hopefully be Americans' choices in the future.

Most significant in my opinion is the proclaiming of acceptance of Chinese people.

These choices are a stark contrast of hopefulness, against the many failures and horrors being spelled out for us here on this forum by extremists.

Do the extremists exaggerate or are they close to hitting the mark on the hopelessness they proclaim?

Yet when pointed out to Americans that their country had descended to 15th. on quality of life, they do a quick about turn and claim once again that America is the greatest in all ways?

They can't have it both ways!

So many here on this board give the impression that there is nothing good in America anymore and there is no hope.

Would any of the extremists like to change their opinions on their country? Or would they all just choose to return to their misery of pulling the wings off of their collections of house flies?

This is how I will always remember Hollywood and the DNC. Here they all are, all of them knowing about Harvey's dark past with women, yet they dole out awards regarding how great a human being they are, and all because of the money he gives scum like the Obamas.

Sickening!

I didn't have to watch live a bomb dropping on Hiroshima to know it's effect either.
I hope you watched that award show. That's 3 hours well wasted.

You be AWESOME! Not watching a TV show and then braving the internet to tell us about it! :yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12:

I remember watching some of it a couple of decades ago when it was somewhat entertaining.

Even then it was too long and the acceptance speeches were boring.

Now that it has become a Left Wing shitfest no way. Besides, I could give a shit about who wins and I sure as hell don't want to embrace the stupid diversity shit that Hollywood is obsessed with nowadays.

Basically....the Oscars is just a contest on who can be more woke.
This is how actors check the blocks in their business.

But I guess many of them are out of work.....so RACISM, COVID, and RACISM is all they have to think about.

"No....Climate Change."

"No....Racism."

No....COVID."

"No....Climate Change."

"No....Racism."

No....COVID."

"No....Climate Change."

"No....Racism."

No....COVID."

"No....Climate Change."

"No....Racism."

No....COVID."

dog chasing tail.gif

Who is Oscar? Wasn't he a character in the Odd Couple?

The Oscars. That's where idiots pay to buy a TV, pay for electricity, then pay for cable, so they can sit around watching a bunch of Hollywood dicksuckers you don't know, don't like and will never meet who insult you all year round suck each other's dicks off and get rewarded for it.

Who actually "buys" a TV set anymore? :laughing0301:

looters-carry-boxes-out-of-a-home-cinema-shop-in-central-birmingham-pic-reuters-30054029.jpg

no

Never.
Bunch of hypocrites, pandering virtue signaling drooling morons who will say absolutely anything to stay relevant, patting themselves and each other on the back while burning more carbons and resources individually in one month than most Americans do in a year.

I remember watching some of it a couple of decades ago when it was somewhat entertaining.

Even then it was too long and the acceptance speeches were boring.

Now that it has become a Left Wing shitfest no way. Besides, I could give a shit about who wins and I sure as hell don't want to embrace the stupid diversity shit that Hollywood is obsessed with nowadays.
The movie theaters here have been closed since March 2020.
I didn't know they even were making movies anymore. Everything that was made last year was already in post production....or being made in the UK. None of that is happening in Hollywood anymore.

No. They suck. Nobody can ACT or write any more. Besides ,the "Oscars" looked like a script for the Democrat Convention.

No. They suck. Nobody can ACT or write any more. Besides ,the "Oscars" looked like a script for the Democrat Convention.

Yes, apparently they did. Each one listed by the OP was making a definite and powerful statement.

Forum List

Back