Is Frequent Urination Normal Before Periods?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm mostly asking other women who have experience with this, as I know it's normal to pee a lot during and after your period but more often than not I'm before and after.

I mean a week before my period I have some days where I'm urinating like crazy and then I have my regular days, but anybody know what's really going on here and why my body acts so strange and different than most women?

I know that women typically pee more when they're pregnant too so I'm not sure if that's similar because in one situation it's before the baby is born and in my situation it's before I menstruate. I'm sort of embarrassing asking the question I was just wondering if anybody had any information or thoughts about this.

I'm mostly asking other women who have experience with this, as I know it's normal to pee a lot during and after your period but more often than not I'm before and after.

I mean a week before my period I have some days where I'm urinating like crazy and then I have my regular days, but anybody know what's really going on here and why my body acts so strange and different than most women?

I know that women typically pee more when they're pregnant too so I'm not sure if that's similar because in one situation it's before the baby is born and in my situation it's before I menstruate. I'm sort of embarrassing asking the question I was just wondering if anybody had any information or thoughts about this.
I hear being a woman is really f**ked up.

• Banned
I hear being a woman is really f**ked up.

It isn't if you're actually a woman, only if you're mocking one it is. It is a pain to be peeing and bleeding constantly once a month but I don't get cramps anymore like when I was a teenager so it doesn't hurt me and I find it amazing that I can have babies so there's pluses and minuses.

Totally not normal. It reads like you have a very serious, undiagnosed condition, possibly a curse

When menstruating we get bloated from retaining water that puts pressure on the bladder, then as hormones change and fluctuate, our bodies are able to release it.

Similar with pregnancies, other than the baby putting pressure on everything.

All in all, I think in both cases it has alot to do with those hormones that prepare the body for ovulation, caring for a baby and giving birth.

Additional factors are medications, and certain foods act as diuretics, making you pee.......so does drinking alot of water, coffee, beer, etc

• Banned
When menstruating we get bloated from retaining water that puts pressure on the bladder, then as hormones change and fluctuate, our bodies are able to release it.

Similar with pregnancies, other than the baby putting pressure on everything.

All in all, I think in both cases it has alot to do with those hormones that prepare the body for ovulation, caring for a baby and giving birth.

So, that can happen even before menstruation begins then? Also, thank you for not making me feel embarrassed. You sound like you're a woman yourself btw.

Edit: I guess you are, I just checked your profile.

So, that can happen even before menstruation begins then? Also, thank you for not making me feel embarrassed. You sound like you're a woman yourself btw.

Edit: I guess you are, I just checked your profile.

Technically, menstruation is a month long process ending with the 'Flow'. Then after it's over, it starts all over again. The female body goes thru a ton of changes throughout that month long cycle....to prepare for conception during ovulation......which usually happens somewhere mid cycle. Ovulation (highest rate of fertility) lasts a couple of days and is just about the time of the bloating & retaining water. Our hormones are on a roller coaster, some we know about like with PMS and some we don't. There is alot going on inside all the time.

• Banned
Technically, menstruation is a month long process ending with the 'Flow'. Then after it's over, it starts all over again. The female body goes thru a ton of changes throughout that month long cycle....to prepare for conception during ovulation......which usually happens somewhere mid cycle. Ovulation (highest rate of fertility) lasts a couple of days and is just about the time of the bloating & retaining water. Our hormones are on a roller coaster, some we know about like with PMS and some we don't. There is alot going on inside all the time.

That makes sense then. I didn't realize that it was a month long process which also explains even why on rare accounts I'm going to the bathroom a lot a couple weeks before menstruation.

That makes sense then. I didn't realize that it was a month long process which also explains even why on rare accounts I'm going to the bathroom a lot a couple weeks before menstruation.

Here is more information on the full cycle,

Actually I am surprised you weren't taught this in school around 4th to 6th grade??

My other half went to the hospital because she was peeing loads, especially before going to bed and during the night. The doctor said it might be psychological, and that helped a lot, she stopped peeing so much. It wasn't connected with periods though.

Had a blood and urine test lately? What was your AC1 number? Might be diabetes related.

check your blood sugar at times like those. (one of your friends has a meter, ) high blood sugar causes thirst which results in the urination.

For what?

Imma gonna have to go way out on a limb here and say …

I have not the slightest clue.

LOL I didn't really expect you to. You're lucky that you are spared from all of this.

Here is more information on the full cycle,

Actually I am surprised you weren't taught this in school around 4th to 6th grade??

I probably did lol but who actually remembers everything that they learned in school? I just remembered the basics.

and just think........some 'guys' actually WANT to know and experience this kind of stuff. :laughing0301:

Yeah it's like me saying that I want to have a penis so I can experience what it feels like to get kicked in the nuts. 🙄

Had a blood and urine test lately? What was your AC1 number? Might be diabetes related.

check your blood sugar at times like those. (one of your friends has a meter, ) high blood sugar causes thirst which results in the urination.

It can't be blood sugar because I only pee a little extra sometimes when my period is approaching other than that I'm normal. Oh and I just went to the doctor's for my annual appointment a couple months ago and there wasn't a problem then.

I'm good! :omg:

My 1st ex always got cramps real bad. That doesn't look fun at all.

Yeah, back when I use to get them all the time it wasn't. I use to have to use a heating pad for it.

Just wait for menopause..........and that lasts years

All I know about menopause is that it happens after your periods stop and you're no longer fertile so why is that so bad? I must be missing something.

Forum List

Back