Did anybody sane really think that Mexico would write us a check for $16B?

:laugh:

Well of COURSE the Trumpsters believed it.

Holy crap, is this a trick question?

Some revisionist history?

Mac, I’m certain that you don’t honestly believe that.
All of us with a middle school education or better knew when it was said that it was said mostly in jest and that Mexico would pay for the Wall indirectly by not being able to fuck Americans as hard as they have been for decades. Come on man, only candycorn is stupid enough to believe that bullshit....right?
Holy crap. Yesterday I had a Trumpster telling me he never believed the wall would be built. Today you're telling me that no one believed Mexico would pay for it.

All of this, despite the abject delirium we ALL saw from crowds at his zillion rallies as they ate the whole thing up, front to back, top to bottom.

Obviously we have some serious (and amusing) backtracking going on here.

Please. Continue.

Sure and the tax cuts were gonna pay for themselves. How about those deficits?

When Trump said “Mexico would pay for the Wall” did you think that meant a super shithole, Mexico would cut us a $16B check?
The LefTarded love to pretend that who pays for the Wall matters while all capable of third grade level arithmetic know the Wall pays for itself.

So what was the response when Trump yelled " Who's gonna pay for the wall?" at all his rallies? Did the crowd yell "the wall will pay for it's self" or "Congress has to allow money for the wall" ?
Did anyone answer the question?

Nobody sane thought that Mexico would pay for a wall.
There are a lot of other ways Mexico will pay for the wall without writing a check.
1, A Tax on monies sent back to Mexico by the refugees
2. A deduction from Mexico's foreign aid package
Just two for example I sure there are many more

When Trump said “Mexico would pay for the Wall” did you think that meant a super shithole, Mexico would cut us a $16B check?
The LefTarded love to pretend that who pays for the Wall matters while all capable of third grade level arithmetic know the Wall pays for itself.
Everyone at his rallies and his trumpanzee base. You too, tho you are trying to weasel out.

I do believe there were people who believed Mexico would pay for the wall, but I'm not saying they are sane. Those who dwell on the extreme sides of politics are not known for their rational thinking abilities. As for Trump, it was something he said in the heat of the moment at a rally, and people cheered. He decided if people cheer, it would be a good thing to keep repeating. Of course he never had a plan to make Mexico pay for the wall. He's never really had a plan for anything.

I do believe there were people who believed Mexico would pay for the wall, but I'm not saying they are sane. Those who dwell on the extreme sides of politics are not known for their rational thinking abilities. As for Trump, it was something he said in the heat of the moment at a rally, and people cheered. He decided if people cheer, it would be a good thing to keep repeating. Of course he never had a plan to make Mexico pay for the wall. He's never really had a plan for anything.
It is not something he said in the heat of the moment at A rally. He's said it again and again and again and again.

Yes, all of the rally attenders and other assorted far rightwing Trump-supporters.
I never really understood what energized the rally goers. A sense that they were not "winners" in society anymore, that the nation was rewarding others when their forefathers were certain the future was going to be better.

Reagan had a message aimed at the same thoughts ... albeit with a bit more optimism and faith in people's good will. I think most of us knew he too was sort of fudging on the numbers, but he did not bear people ill will.

I have been fascinated that, for the last 3 years, Trump has needed every one of his remarks and tweets to be interpreted to the rest of us by semi-educated rednecks.

Holy crap. Yesterday I had a Trumpster telling me he never believed the wall would be built. Today you're telling me that no one believed Mexico would pay for it.

All of this, despite the abject delirium we ALL saw from crowds at his zillion rallies as they ate the whole thing up, front to back, top to bottom.

Obviously we have some serious (and amusing) backtracking going on here.

Please. Continue.
Basically.

Everybody pretty much knew Drumpf was full of shit yet his rubes cheered like he was the homecoming queen.

It is not something he said in the heat of the moment at A rally. He's said it again and again and again and again.
Ringing a cheap gong for his faithful. LOL

There are a lot of other ways Mexico will pay for the wall without writing a check.
Yeah I remember Trump’s famous rallying cry of “we’re going to build a wall, and, I don’t know, maybe remittance taxes or cuts in foreign aid or something will pay for it” :lmao:

You sound like an idiot. Neither of those will work.

You tax too much and they will just find other ways to send the money. Besides thats not penalizing the Mexican government.

If you are already sending them free money from your pocket how are you making them pay for it by keeping some of your money that you are sending them for free?

Last edited:

Don did, yeah, said it over and over and over, and the entire planet witnessed it. Just like you did.

Nobody sane thought that Mexico would pay for a wall. Trump sheep are not sane, though. No doubt you’re still wondering if Lyin’ Ted’s dad killed JFK :laugh:
I don't think the Trumpbots really cared who would pay for the wall. It was just something for Trump to say after sane people noted there wasn't a lot of support for paying for the thing.

Yeah at $50 per Citizen, many of whom are broke ass liberals, I could see why there wouldn’t be much support for national security. Shit, if I was a broke ass liberal and a builder was offering to build a wall around my community and it would only cost me $50 to try it I would probably dig in my couch cushions and find that in coin.

Forum List

Back