Did a coup d’état take place at the end of February 2014 in Ukraine?

Dissident

VIP Member
Jan 21, 2020

At the end of February 2014, i.e. 10 years ago, Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovych was unconstitutionally removed from office.

At that time, Western politicians and Western media tried to present this ousting as a legitimate act; see below a citation from the BBC website:

The vote to "remove Viktor Yanukovych from the post of president of Ukraine" was passed by 328 MPs.
Such ballots, passed by what is called constitutional majority, are binding and enter into force with immediate effect, the BBC's Ukraine analyst Olexiy Solohubenko reports.

However, you can yourself read Article 111 of the Constitution of Ukraine below and find what is required for removal of Ukrainian President from office; this text is translated from the official website of the President of Ukraine:

Article 111.
The decision on the removal of the President of Ukraine from office under the procedure of impeachment shall be adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine - i.e. by Ukrainian Parlieament - by at least three-quarters of its constitutional composition upon a review of the case by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine and receipt of its opinion on the observance of the constitutional procedure of investigation, and consideration of the case of impeachment, and upon receipt of the opinion of the Supreme Court of Ukraine to the effect that the acts of which the President of Ukraine is accused have signs of treason or other crime.

The constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada are 450 deputies; see below a citation from the official website of the Verkhovna Rada:

Article 76.
The constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall comprise 450 Members of Parliament of Ukraine elected for a five-year term on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.

Three-fourths of 450 Members of Parliament of Ukraine are 337 MPs; however only 328 Ukrainian MPs voted for removal of Viktor Yanukovych from office.

And there were neither opinion of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine nor the one of the Supreme Court at all, although such opinions are required by Article 111 of Ukrainian Constitution.

Now you can read in Wikipedia what the word “coup d’état” means:

A coup d'état, or simply a coup, is typically an illegal and overt attempt by a military organization or other government elites to unseat an incumbent leadership.

Therefore, all relevant criteria of a coup d'état were met in the case of Yanukovych’s removal from office:​
  • It was an illegal action;​
  • It was performed by a government elite, i.e. by Ukrainian Members of Parliament;​
  • It was performed to unseat an incumbent leadership.​

8ivrfw.jpg

At the end of February 2014, i.e. 10 years ago, Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovych was unconstitutionally removed from office.

At that time, Western politicians and Western media tried to present this ousting as a legitimate act; see below a citation from the BBC website:

The vote to "remove Viktor Yanukovych from the post of president of Ukraine" was passed by 328 MPs.
Such ballots, passed by what is called constitutional majority, are binding and enter into force with immediate effect, the BBC's Ukraine analyst Olexiy Solohubenko reports.

However, you can yourself read Article 111 of the Constitution of Ukraine below and find what is required for removal of Ukrainian President from office; this text is translated from the official website of the President of Ukraine:

Article 111.
The decision on the removal of the President of Ukraine from office under the procedure of impeachment shall be adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine - i.e. by Ukrainian Parlieament - by at least three-quarters of its constitutional composition upon a review of the case by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine and receipt of its opinion on the observance of the constitutional procedure of investigation, and consideration of the case of impeachment, and upon receipt of the opinion of the Supreme Court of Ukraine to the effect that the acts of which the President of Ukraine is accused have signs of treason or other crime.

The constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada are 450 deputies; see below a citation from the official website of the Verkhovna Rada:

Article 76.
The constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall comprise 450 Members of Parliament of Ukraine elected for a five-year term on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.

Three-fourths of 450 Members of Parliament of Ukraine are 337 MPs; however only 328 Ukrainian MPs voted for removal of Viktor Yanukovych from office.

And there were neither opinion of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine nor the one of the Supreme Court at all, although such opinions are required by Article 111 of Ukrainian Constitution.

A coup d'état, or simply a coup, is typically an illegal and overt attempt by a military organization or other government elites to unseat an incumbent leadership.

Therefore, all relevant criteria of a coup d'état were met in the case of Yanukovych’s removal from office:​
  • It was performed by a government elite, i.e. by Ukrainian Members of Parliament;​
it was all concocted and ran by the US state dept and hilary clinton and joe biden,,

etro Poroshenko: (00:00)
Yesterday, I met with the general prosecutor, Shokin.

Joe Biden: (00:04)
Yes.

Petro Poroshenko: (00:04)
And despite of the fact that we didn’t have any corruption charges, we don’t have any information about him doing something wrong, I especially asked him … No, it was the day before yesterday. I especially asked him to resign in his position as a state person, and despite of the fact that he has support in the public, and as a finish of my meeting with him, he promised me to give me the statement of his resignation, and one hour ago he bring me the written statement of his resignation.

Joe Biden: (01:06)
Great.

Petro Poroshenko: (01:10)
This is my second step for keeping my promises.

Joe Biden: (01:15)
I agree.

Speaker 4: (01:17)
[inaudible 00:01:17] Poroshenko?

Petro Poroshenko: (01:17)
Yes?

Speaker 4: (01:21)
One moment for Vice President Biden.

Speaker 4: (01:31)
Introducing President Poroshenko.

Joe Biden: (01:35)
Hey, Mr. President. Joe Biden. How are you?

Petro Poroshenko: (01:38)
Very well indeed. All the time when I hear your voice-

Joe Biden: (01:41)
Good.

Petro Poroshenko: (01:42)
It’s a great pleasure for me.

Joe Biden: (01:45)
Well, I’m on Air Force Two, and I think we’re going to stay connected. We just took off and I’m hoping this connection with stay open … Tell me that there is a new government, and a new Prosecutor General. I am prepared to do a public signing of the commitment for the billion dollars. Again, I’m not suggesting that’s what you want or don’t want, I’m just suggesting that’s what we’re prepared to do, and again, it wouldn’t be finalized until the IMF pieces are written.

Petro Poroshenko: (02:28)
Extremely strong motivation. One of the possible candidates was leader of my fraction, Lutsenko, who is the public figure. If you think that the political motivated figure would be not very good, from your point of view, I recall this proposal and I do not propose, because nobody knows that I want to propose Lutsenko. In this situation I take all the political motivated figures out from this process.

Joe Biden: (02:57)
All right. Well, look, let me, when you and I finish speaking let me huddle with my team, talk over what you and I just talked about. I agree with you, there is a sense of urgency here.

Joe Biden: (03:15)
Hey, Mr. President. Joe Biden. How are you?

Petro Poroshenko: (03:18)
Very well indeed, as usual when I hear your voice. Thank you very much.

Joe Biden: (03:23)
Well, you are doing very well. Congratulations on getting the new prosecutor general. I know there’s a lot more of that that has to be done, but I really, I really think that’s good, and I understand your working with the Rada in the coming days on a number of additional laws to secure the IMF, but congratulations on installing the new prosecutor general. It’s going to be critical for him to work quickly to repair the damage Shokin did, and I’m a man of my word, and now that the new prosecutor general is in place we’re ready to move forward in signing that new one billion dollar loan guarantee. I don’t know how you want to go about that? I’m not going to be able to get to Kiev anytime soon, I mean, in the next month or so, and I don’t know whether you could either sign it with our ambassador, or if you came here we could sign it, or if you want, we’re inviting Groysman here later, I’m going to be talking to him later this morning, not for that purpose, we’re inviting him to Washington, and so it’s, I’ll leave it up to you as to how you want that done and when you want it done.

Petro Poroshenko: (04:40)
First of all, thank you very much indeed for these words of support. Believe me that it was a very tough challenge, and a very difficult job, and Mrs. Tymoshenko and Mr. Lyahsko fraction tried to break this, because we not only voted for the new prosecutor general, which we do in a very short period of time, within one day we changed the law. By the way, in this law we’re presenting the new structure of the General Prosecutor Office, including the general inspection, as we agreed to do.

Joe Biden: (05:22)
Yes, that’s brilliant.

Petro Poroshenko: (05:22)
And the second thing, I immediately invited Lutsenko and said that he should contact your embassy, and I would be very pleased if you will have a certain person who can come either from Washington or whatever. We have here, I don’t remember his name, the Ukrainian origin American prosecutor. He is a little bit old. I sent to the, Jeffery his name, and he was ready to come and to be assistant and advisor.

Joe Biden: (06:01)
Got it.

Petro Poroshenko: (06:01)
He has very good experience in the American system, and he can be the person of trust with the new prosecution system. I think this is exactly the right time to do that, and if he’s still ready to come and to cooperate from the very first step, from the very first meeting of the new prosecutor, that is exactly what I’m looking for.

Joe Biden: (06:25)
Well, let me get in contact with the Justice Department and pursue that. I’ll get his name, and let me find out where that is, because it is in our interest obviously to provide professional assistance as quick as we can so this gets up and started in the right direction. So I will move on that as soon as we hangup. I’ll put that in train and I’ll get back to you as to what we, what I’m able to do.

Petro Poroshenko: (06:52)
Excellent. The second thing … Thank you very much indeed, this is exactly what I’m looking for. The second thing is that I want to thank you that you gave me your word that immediately when we change legislation and I appoint the new prosecutor general, and it would be Yuriy Lutsenko was we agreed in our previous meeting in Washington, and when it happened we can have this loan guarantee, and thank you very much …

it was all concocted and ran by the US state dept and hilary clinton and joe biden,,
Toria Nuland ran point on the operation going WAY BACK, for neo-cons in both DNC and GOP administrations. . .

Neocon Queen Victoria Nuland Ends Her Reign: Exposing a Catastrophic Career​

(Full episode)

The only one who would not tolerate her bullshit, was Trump. The Ukes had corrupt connections to that private cyber hacking intelligence firm, Crowd Strike.

FBI Never Saw CrowdStrike Unredacted or Final Report on Alleged Russian Hacking Because None was Produced​

. . and now all of it is completely falling apart. Torie has been forced to resign in disgrace.

Some believe, proof of that corruption is in those "classified documents," Trump squirrel away. . . who knows?

FYI: Kinda funny that Prosecutor General Shokin was fired on the same day that an assassin fired 3 shots at his office window.

FYI: Kinda funny that Prosecutor General Shokin was fired on the same day that an assassin fired 3 shots at his office window.

ivan´s🇷🇺🐷🇸🇦 cuckold read this book :
51261907.png

Article 111.

Article 76.

Great post full of facts instead of rabid anti Russian bullshit.

Great post full of facts instead of rabid anti Russian bullshit.
Thank you very much!

Indeed, there are citations from the BBC website, from the official Ukrainian websites etc. in the first post of this thread.

And for example, can Mr. Litwin deny the information from the official website of Ukrainian Parliament?

And Mr. Litwin does not deny it.

He just speaks about other subjects here, rather than about the subject “Did a coup d’état take place at the end of February 2014 in Ukraine?” :)

Thank you very much!

Indeed, there are citations from the BBC website, from the official Ukrainian websites etc. in the first post of this thread.

And for example, can Mr. Litwin deny the information from the official website of Ukrainian Parliament?

And Mr. Litwin does not deny it.

He just speaks about other subjects here, rather than about the subject “Did a coup d’état take place at the end of February 2014 in Ukraine?” :)
I believe the key date was the 21st of February 2014.

Ukraine had pro Russian supporters and Anti Russian supporters

This came to a boiling point when Viktor decided to abandon European Union partnership in Nov 2013 and pretty much chose a side

this led to protest in the streets

Being pro Russian you would have thought he like protest and the revolution

The protest was against his decision to abandon the partnership which would align them with the west.

A protest against his decision to abandon a far-reaching European Union partnership deal in November 2013 morphed into a huge - and violent - campaign to push him from power.

Unarmed protestors died in the streets protesting by snipers

Year later after all the violence Viktor Yanukovych and the opposition made an agreement to end the political crisis and violence

Victor decided to get the hell out of there and fled Kyiv just after an agreement had been reached with the country’s opposition

So he fled the country in early 2014, yeah he probably feared for his live,. I wonder where he went

It was a revolution much like the Russian revolution and the American revolution

Still Viktor was smart and got the hell out of there after all the killing was done . Russia had sent an emissary to sign the agreement but changed their mind in the last moment.

Yeah so Victor left on his own free will or felt that was his only change to stay out of prison. Russia screwed him and the opposition " don't let the door kicked you in the but"

So Russian screwed him by lying in the last moment and he did not trust the opposition in the country to be forgiving. So he fled. He mistreated the opposition and was not about to see if they were the forgiving type. He feared for his life so he left when he was able to.

no different between east and west Korea, Vietnam, etc

Last edited:
Ukraine had pro Russian supporters and Anti Russian supporters

This came to a boiling point when Viktor decided to abandon European Union partnership in Nov 2013

led to protest in the streets

Being pro Russian you would have thought he like protest and the revolution

The protest was against his decision to abandon the partnership which would align them with the west.

A protest against his decision to abandon a far-reaching European Union partnership deal in November 2013 morphed into a huge - and violent - campaign to push him from power.

Unarmed protestors died by snipers

Year later after all the violence Viktor Yanukovych and the opposition made an agreement to end the political crisis and violence

Victor decided to get the hell out of there and fled Kyiv just after an agreement had been reached with the country’s opposition

So he fled the country in early 2014, yeah he probably feared for his live,. I wonder where he went

It was a revolution much like the Russian revolution and the American revolution

Still Viktor was smart and got the hell out of there after all the killing was done . Russia had sent an emissary to sign the agreement but changed their mind in the last moment.

Yeah so Victor left on his own free will or felt that was his only change to stay out of prison. Russia screwed him and the opposition " don't let the door kicked you in the but"

So Russian screwed him by lying in the last moment and he did not trust the opposition in the country to be forgiving. So he fled. He mistreated the opposition and was not about to see if they were the forgiving type. He feared for his life so he left when he was able to.

no different between east and west Korea, Vietnam, etc
As soon as that deal was signed the extremists in the Maidan gang like the right sector stormed government buildings, that's why Yanukovych fled otherwise those Nazis would have lynched him, they didn't want the deal because part of the deal was elections later that year which Yanukovych may have won in the meantime a government of national unity.

As soon as that deal was signed the extremists in the Maidan gang like the right sector stormed government buildings, that's why Yanukovych fled otherwise those Nazis would have lynched him, they didn't want the deal because part of the deal was elections later that year which Yanukovych may have won in the meantime a government of national unity.
In November 2013, Yanukovych made a sudden decision, amidst economic pressure from Russia,[10] to withdraw from signing an association agreement with the EU and instead accept a Russian trade deal and loan bailout.

People started to protest in the streets

108 civilian protesters and 13 police officers were killed[1] in Ukraine's Revolution of Dignity (or the 'Maidan Revolution')

police snipers fired on anti-government activists in Kyiv.

those who died became known as the "Hero of Ukraine

Ukraine on 20 February, which is "the Day of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes".[5][6]

No way he was going to be reelected

No he ran away The situation deteriorated

In June 2016, the Prosecutor General of Ukraine announced that forensic examinations had matched bullets removed from the victims' bodies with the assault rifles of the Berkut
or the secret police

if he stayed he would have been able to keep it hidden

In April 2014, Ukraine's new interior minister, Avakov, presented the findings of the initial investigation into the shootings. It found the Berkut responsible for shooting the protesters, and identified twelve of the officers involved

The investigation also found that more than 30 Russian Federal Security Bureau (FSB) agents were involved in the crackdown on protesters

in 2012 he was in Belarus,

When former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych abandoned a EU trade deal, he sparked protests. His successor just signed it.

Last edited:
In November 2013, Yanukovych made a sudden decision, amidst economic pressure from Russia,[10] to withdraw from signing an association agreement with the EU and instead accept a Russian trade deal and loan bailout.

People started to protest in the streets

108 civilian protesters and 13 police officers were killed[1] in Ukraine's Revolution of Dignity (or the 'Maidan Revolution')

police snipers fired on anti-government activists in Kyiv.

those who died became known as the "Hero of Ukraine

Ukraine on 20 February, which is "the Day of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes".[5][6]

No way he was going to be reelected

No he ran away The situation deteriorated

In June 2016, the Prosecutor General of Ukraine announced that forensic examinations had matched bullets removed from the victims' bodies with the assault rifles of the Berkut
or the secret police

if he stayed he would have been able to keep it hidden

In April 2014, Ukraine's new interior minister, Avakov, presented the findings of the initial investigation into the shootings. It found the Berkut responsible for shooting the protesters, and identified twelve of the officers involved

The investigation also found that more than 30 Russian Federal Security Bureau (FSB) agents were involved in the crackdown on protesters

in 2012 he was in Belarus,

When former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych abandoned a EU trade deal, he sparked protests. His successor just signed it.
You do know those sniper attacks were a false flag, demonstrators and Police officers were shot.

You do know those sniper attacks were a false flag, demonstrators and Police officers were shot.

It was chaos

You do know your source quotes a call between two people

but also says

"which suggested the sniper killings in Ukraine last month were ordered by the new coalition."

Also the heading says "Possible"

But while the Baltic state acknowledged the audio was genuine, it denied that it had blamed opponents of Ukraine's deposed president for sniper killings during last month's unrest.

The finger pointing

Still I only saying that their were snipers and people died.

It was a conflict between those who were Pro Russian supporters and those who were supports of the west

So who was to blame is based on which side your on, Each side will spin a tale.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back