Diane Black , a female GOP rich rep. wants to end the EMTLA

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
U.S. Rep. Diane Black would like to see changes to a federal law to allow emergency department staff to turn patients away.

Black, a Republican gubernatorial candidate and former nurse, said a federal law, called EMTALA is a "burden" that took away clinicians' ability to tell patients that "an emergency room is not the proper place" for treatment.

The law, the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act, requires ER staff to treat any patient regardless of ailment, ability to pay or other grounds of discrimination.

"I would get rid of a law that says that you ― you are not allowed, as a health care professional, to make that decision about whether someone can be appropriately treated the next day, or at a walk-in clinic, or at their doctor,” Black, R-Gallatin, said in comments on MSNBC on Oct. 13.

Diane Black wants ERs to be able to send people away. Here are the issues for patients, doctors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one nasty women in my opinion, get rid of the ACA, gut Medicare and Medicaid and Snap, very pro the tax cut for the elites. Also wants to defund PP, being an ex RN she so cares about people health. All this female cares about in my opinion is the almighty buck.

Last edited:
another leftist that is against freedom.

ever been to an ER during the day?

It's full of people sitting around waiting to get aspirin for cold or a Band-Aid for a minor cut.

and it you have an actual, painful problem, you have to wait your turn.

U.S. Rep. Diane Black would like to see changes to a federal law to allow emergency department staff to turn patients away.

Black, a Republican gubernatorial candidate and former nurse, said a federal law, called EMTALA is a "burden" that took away clinicians' ability to tell patients that "an emergency room is not the proper place" for treatment.

The law, the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act, requires ER staff to treat any patient regardless of ailment, ability to pay or other grounds of discrimination.

"I would get rid of a law that says that you ― you are not allowed, as a health care professional, to make that decision about whether someone can be appropriately treated the next day, or at a walk-in clinic, or at their doctor,” Black, R-Gallatin, said in comments on MSNBC on Oct. 13.

Diane Black wants ERs to be able to send people away. Here are the issues for patients, doctors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one nasty women in my opinion, get rid of the ACA, gut Medicare and Medicaid and Snap, very pro the tax cut for the elites. Also wants to defund PP, being an ex RN she so cares about people health. All this female cares about in my opinion is the almighty buck.

This is what I mean by 1780's france. Let them eat cake and let them die on the side of the road.

We have to be ready to take up arms against these monsters.

This is what I mean by 1780's france. Let them eat cake and let them die on the side of the road.

We have to be ready to take up arms against these monsters.
image.png

It's full of people sitting around waiting to get aspirin for cold or a Band-Aid for a minor cut.

Hey perhaps if they had insurance, it would not be that way. I agree er is for emergencies, CVAs, MI's, broken bones, and that is why I am pro the ACA and Expanded Medicaid.

now you have the nerve to bitch about ER's. Go to a doctor if you do not like er's.

LET THEM DIE!

The republican party is the party of satan.
wrong again fuckchop.

If you are actually dying or in actual 'need' of medical care, you will get it, and you won't have to sit, in pain, for hours, to get it.

They do triage in ER's so if you have to sit in pain for awhile, just be assured that are more sick people ahead of you. After all that is what ER's are for.

LET THEM DIE!

wrong again fuckchop.

If you are actually dying or in actual 'need' of medical care, you will get it, and you won't have to sit, in pain, for hours, to get it.

They do triage in ER's so if you have to sit in pain for awhile, just be assured that are more sick people ahead of you. After all that is what ER's are for.
that's what they are for, but that is not what they are used for.

you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

you saw (R), the word 'rich', and the removal of a tyrannical law and just assumed.

I sat in the er with a suspected appendix problem and watched people with the sniffles go ahead of me.

Hey perhaps if they had insurance, it would not be that way. I agree er is for emergencies, CVAs, MI's, broken bones, and that is why I am pro the ACA and Expanded Medicaid.

now you have the nerve to bitch about ER's. Go to a doctor if you do not like er's.
Like an adult, I do go to the doctor, unlike leftists losers that have lived on the dole for life, I know what it takes to take care of myself.

Like an adult, I do go to the doctor, unlike leftists losers that have lived on the dole for life, I know what it takes to take care of myself.

Well then how do you know this?

and it you have an actual, painful problem, you have to wait your turn

b/c I've had to go to the ER, under a doctors advise, more than once, plus I talk to real live people in reality.

you should try it.

b/c I've had to go to the ER, under a doctors advise, more than once, plus I talk to real live people in reality.

you should try it.

Then you go to a quake dr, if he suggests you go to the ER, he would call an ambulance, or he would order a diagnostic test for you. He wouldn't send you to drive to the ER without papers to get tested, and if you gave them to the nurse, they would of taken care of you. I explained they go triage. Don't you get it.

DC gereral hospital had to close because they HAD to give medical attention to anyone who showed up at their ER. I guess you are okay, that if other hospitals started closing because those that paid didn't go and only those(many illegals) that couldn't pay did? Soon there wouldn't be medical care anymore, because just like liberal teachers, nurses and doctors want to be paid. Why isn't college free, because teachers are greedy mother fucking grubbers...

you should try it.

Then you go to a quake dr, if he suggests you go to the ER, he would call an ambulance.
wrong again.

god you're dumb.

LET THEM DIE!

No. That is not what she is saying. She is saying that the ER is not the appropriate place to go for a cold.

Well you take away the ACA and expanded Medicaid, that is what she is saying. Let them die.
You say babies born and unborn should die on the table because their mothers cant afford to raise them, what is the difference for those that cant pay and die in the ER?

LET THEM DIE!

No. That is not what she is saying. She is saying that the ER is not the appropriate place to go for a cold.

Well you take away the ACA and expanded Medicaid, that is what she is saying. Let them die.
You say babies born and unborn should die on the table because their mothers cant afford to raise them, what is the difference for those that cant pay and die in the ER?

Never ever said that. Either back it up in context, or an apology would be appropriate.

Forum List

Back