Devastation in BC

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
BC saw 569 deaths from heat this summer, and now they are dealing with record floods. The money spent rebuilding is money they will not have for improving other infrastructure. And many of those homeowners will be wiped out. BC also had many large and damaging fires. Yet there are those that choose to ignore this area and so many others that have seen catastrophic weather events in the past 5 years.

BC saw 569 deaths from heat this summer, and now they are dealing with record floods. The money spent rebuilding is money they will not have for improving other infrastructure. And many of those homeowners will be wiped out. BC also had many large and damaging fires. Yet there are those that choose to ignore this area and so many others that have seen catastrophic weather events in the past 5 years.

Does this mean, I should have gone to see it before it was burned down and washed away?

Wonder what kind of concern Donald H and Trudeau have for their countrymen. Probably not much, they think they are part of the US government.

The northwest is getting the worst weather in the United States over the past 12 months. Record heat, major fires, and now flooding and mudslides. They cannot catch a break.

The northwest is getting the worst weather in the United States over the past 12 months. Record heat, major fires, and now flooding and mudslides. They cannot catch a break.
Yes, we are not used to bad weather in the Pacific Northwest. The Willamette Valley has, or maybe had, one of the most livable climates in the world. After that week of extreme heat, topped out at 116 F here in Portland, Oregon, I saw no small birds here, except for hummingbirds, for two months. And the insects virtually disappeared for the whole summer. We drove from Portland to Biggs Junction for a geology lecture, roughly 250 miles, and splattered not one bug on the windshield.

Yes, we are not used to bad weather in the Pacific Northwest. The Willamette Valley has, or maybe had, one of the most livable climates in the world. After that week of extreme heat, topped out at 116 F here in Portland, Oregon, I saw no small birds here, except for hummingbirds, for two months. And the insects virtually disappeared for the whole summer. We drove from Portland to Biggs Junction for a geology lecture, roughly 250 miles, and splattered not one bug on the windshield.
Not normally very many bugs along the Columbia gorge seeing how high winds usually dominate the area. As for livable climate in Portland? HaHaHa. If you like RAIN or are a BLM/Antifa sympathizer. Are you trying to abscond with Grants Pass's motto now?
1637526275530.png

2C below peak temperatures of previous interglacial cycles. It's called weather, dummy.

Not normally very many bugs along the Columbia gorge seeing how high winds usually dominate the area. As for livable climate in Portland? HaHaHa. If you like RAIN or are a BLM/Antifa sympathizer. Are you trying to abscond with Grants Pass's motto now?
View attachment 566892
Portland averages 42 inches of rain a year, the national average is 38. We have more rainy days in the fall and winter as our rain is usually a mild drizzle or mist.

Climate and Average Weather Year Round in Portland Oregon, United States​

I

Average Temperature in Portland

The warm season lasts for 2.9 months, from June 23 to September 19, with an average daily high temperature above 76°F. The hottest month of the year in Portland is August, with an average high of 83°F and low of 57°F.
The cool season lasts for 3.2 months, from November 15 to February 22, with an average daily high temperature below 52°F. The coldest month of the year in Portland is December, with an average low of 36°F and high of 45°F.

Portland averages 42 inches of rain a year,
As opposed to Sacramento--12", and Spokane--12". Take your averages down the road moron--they don't mean shit when talking about climate in one area. They get 600+ inches of rain on Kauai, and over 100 inches on the Olympic peninsula of WA and way less than 10 inches a year in the southwest of the country--what does that do to your averages moron? No wonder OR schools are not requiring grades anymore--they were failing miserably and needed to cover their asses--You're proof.

As opposed to Sacramento--12", and Spokane--12". Take your averages down the road moron--they don't mean shit when talking about climate in one area. They get 600+ inches of rain on Kauai, and over 100 inches on the Olympic peninsula of WA and way less than 10 inches a year in the southwest of the country--what does that do to your averages moron? No wonder OR schools are not requiring grades anymore--they were failing miserably and needed to cover their asses--You're proof.
LOL My, my, a dumb fuck got his panties in a wad. Yes, it means that we get about the same amount of rain as does many cities in the US. We just get it spread out more. And we have a far milder climate than most cities.

View attachment 566892
Less see. Not many bugs in the gorge as compared to other places, that is true. However, this is the first time I have driven the gorge both ways, Portland to Biggs Junction and back, without splattering at least a few. Grants Pass has a nice climate if you like breathing smoke. But, of course, that is something that is becoming ever more the case everywhere in the Northwest.

I hit lots of bugs along the river in that area. Klamath Falls is where I got the most bugs, as usual, had to clean off the windshield when I got into town.

Less see. Not many bugs in the gorge as compared to other places, that is true. However, this is the first time I have driven the gorge both ways, Portland to Biggs Junction and back, without splattering at least a few. Grants Pass has a nice climate if you like breathing smoke. But, of course, that is something that is becoming ever more the case everywhere in the Northwest.
old crock says, "Martha, you know what this means, the climate has changed"
t_f18fad9835e741e6a27631a919d8660f_name_Cicadas_cause_car_trouble_Poster.png

Forum List

Back